GM attention on chats.

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Deim

GM attention on chats.

#1 » Post by Deim » 21 Jul 2015 17:11

I know that this server is relatively young and population is low but that what happens on LFG and World Chat requires some attention of our server staff. It's full of spam, not using chats correctly, not to mention that trading channel is dead. I saw nearly no mutes for racial slurs , Thunderfury / Val'anyr linking, spamming or just generaly speaking verbaly abusive language etc. Maybe I'm a bit oversensitive but compared to how GMs react to that kind of thing on TrueWoW it looks like there is nearly no supervision of what is going on on the server.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

.Xannidel

Re: GM attention on chats.

#2 » Post by .Xannidel » 22 Jul 2015 04:04

It's why myself, and I am sure a few others, have left the LFG and world channel and will pop in every so often to see the first thing that pops up to be completely inappropriate and just leave again.

I do hope to see the admins continue to be vigilant in keeping the spam to a minimum if possible.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Kindzadza » 22 Jul 2015 04:07

It's because we don't have the full team to watch over the chats. It's hard to work on two realms really. However report any excessive rule breaking and the punishments will be a lot stricter than on TrueWoW.

ceh789
Donor

#4 » Post by ceh789 » 22 Jul 2015 04:34

ComposMentis wrote:It's because we don't have the full team to watch over the chats. It's hard to work on two realms really. However report any excessive rule breaking and the punishments will be a lot stricter than on TrueWoW.
Have you considered soliciting volunteers? I can't imagine it would be too hard to find a few suitable people who would be willing to help and can follow direction.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Jul 2015 04:34

I actually disagree with ComposMentis. To me, it's not about not having a full team to watch over chat channels, but the server is still quite new and we don't know the community at most to design an appropriate approach to each case.

TrueWoW is a very heavy moderated server, but how would PrimalWoW react to heavy moderation? Things are not as simple as they look, and I for once am doing everything to trace the most suitable route to players and staff. Even if that means an entirely different approach to chat moderation to both TrueWoW and PrimalWoW but these are things we are still discussing.

I think there's always time to improve, finding better ways to deal with things...

Nothing else to say about this for now, just hold on as we'll probably have more updates regarding that matter in a very brief time span.

Boochie
Donor

#6 » Post by Boochie » 22 Jul 2015 16:34

All that has to be done is have no excessive spamming or cursing. Have a warning system put in place. Warn the player and if he continues give him a small mute for 30 minutes. If he still continues to spam / curse constantly, just mute him for 3 hours. If even that is not enough and in 3 hours he returns with the same attitude.. do a 24H with a warn if he keeps it up a ban will be in place. If for some reason that cannot get through his head, give him the ban he wants for 3 days. I'm sure that would make the consistent flaming die down.

This is only what I would want to see, I am sure some people may disagree. I'm also not saying cursing would be a warn, just a flow of cursing. Obsessive amounts.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."