Lies being spread about Vanilla Knights

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
sijuan

Re: Lies being spread about Vanilla Knights

#46 » Post by sijuan » 24 Jul 2015 21:08

Exin wrote:What is WoW without a good ol' guild rivalry?
Depends, do you have pop-corn?

.Sorrugis

#47 » Post by .Sorrugis » 01 Aug 2015 23:30

Doom Lord Kazzak wrote:Guys I'm in Outland. And Unlike Azuregos a GM didnt spawn me in. Please come hang out with me. It's so lonely out here. Please.......
You got any free time on Wednesday? I need to pick up my pants. Seems I forgot them at your place last time I was over.

.landgin

#48 » Post by .landgin » 02 Aug 2015 00:31

Sorrugis wrote:
Doom Lord Kazzak wrote:Guys I'm in Outland. And Unlike Azuregos a GM didnt spawn me in. Please come hang out with me. It's so lonely out here. Please.......
You got any free time on Wednesday? I need to pick up my pants. Seems I forgot them at your place last time I was over.

i left my head between your legs....

themus3

#49 » Post by themus3 » 02 Aug 2015 00:54

I hope no one minds if i . . . resurrect this thread

.landgin

#50 » Post by .landgin » 02 Aug 2015 00:55

themus3 wrote:I hope no one minds if i . . . resurrect this thread
Brother, could you rez me?

Indicted

#51 » Post by Indicted » 02 Aug 2015 00:55

oooh myyy godddddddddddddddddd
A Forbidden Love, Star-crossed Lovers
Repel Image and Image Cakrin

Repel - 60 Druid
<Maple Syrup>

Laaash

#52 » Post by Laaash » 02 Aug 2015 00:57

themus3 wrote:I hope no one minds if i . . . resurrect this thread
I don't think it worked, try again, shadowmeld first so you can get out of Abby's sight. That should do the trick!

.ithril11

#53 » Post by .ithril11 » 02 Aug 2015 01:00

I think this might be resurrecting some past history.

mogra

#54 » Post by mogra » 02 Aug 2015 01:04

Overtime

#55 » Post by Overtime » 02 Aug 2015 01:13

Q) Is keeping an out of combat rezzer during raid encounters considered and exploit by Blizzard? I notice that one of the tips on the official website reccomends doing so.

A) Blizzard has officially responded:

Q u o t e:
Poster: Tigole at 1/13/2006 7:33:34 AM PST
Subject: Re: OOC Rezzing in the future
That tip is not something we support. We'll have it removed.

Out of combat ressing was never an intended game mechanic. In an upcoming patch, it will become increasingly difficult to perform out of combat ressing. The only intended combat resses are things along the lines of the Druid ressurection and soulstones.

With that being said, I sympathize with the original poster's concern. Yet at the same time, please understand that no one has gotten "easy epics" because of this tactic alone. Like previous posters have mentioned, being on the cutting edge of the raid game often times leaves you fighting more difficult versions of encounters. There is some give and take here.
It's blizzlike in terms of vanilla but that's simply choice of admins do they want to leave it like that or not. People should stop being so salty, if something feels wrong it's likely to get changed. Only way of finding these things is doing them.

.lucasrayken

#56 » Post by .lucasrayken » 02 Aug 2015 01:55

Brothers of the light! Can any of you holy knights cast upon my soul the spell of resurrection?

.ithril11

#57 » Post by .ithril11 » 02 Aug 2015 01:56

Overtime wrote:
Q) Is keeping an out of combat rezzer during raid encounters considered and exploit by Blizzard? I notice that one of the tips on the official website reccomends doing so.

Q u o t e:

Out of combat ressing was never an intended game mechanic. In an upcoming patch, it will become increasingly difficult to perform out of combat ressing. The only intended combat resses are things along the lines of the Druid ressurection and soulstones.

With that being said, I sympathize with the original poster's concern. Yet at the same time, please understand that no one has gotten "easy epics" because of this tactic alone. Like previous posters have mentioned, being on the cutting edge of the raid game often times leaves you fighting more difficult versions of encounters. There is some give and take here.
It's blizzlike in terms of vanilla but that's simply choice of admins do they want to leave it like that or not. People should stop being so salty, if something feels wrong it's likely to get changed. Only way of finding these things is doing them.
"never intended as a game mechanic"

.renjiowns

#58 » Post by .renjiowns » 02 Aug 2015 04:25

ithril11 wrote:
Overtime wrote:

Q u o t e:

"never intended as a game mechanic"

im tired of everyone saying that we shouldnt be salty, its one thing to use SM to help yourself to a raid, its another when a gm lets the raid super exploit through it.
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

themus3

#59 » Post by themus3 » 02 Aug 2015 06:07

it's one thing to allow a bug in the game to be abused.

it's another thing to drastically change the way a boss works, let one guild try that version of the boss and then change it again mid week and sit b y with gms' IN THE RAID and do nothing while they kill the boss. Sorry I should apologize to the gm in question. At first she "couldn't do anything" about them rezzing 60 people because she wasn't on her gm account and shortly after that she was "afk" the entire time and had no idea they were doing anything.

Paygen

#60 » Post by Paygen » 02 Aug 2015 12:23

This is disappointing. A game master should take the loot away from any bosses exploited in this way.