RAF

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
useronly

Re: RAF

#46 » Post by useronly » 24 Aug 2015 17:35

EbonTopaz wrote:
Exactly. That's my entire point.

We are playing Vanilla content. Not WotLK content. People can scream "we are playing WotLK!" as loud as they want, but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't.

And in Vanilla, it wasn't about rushing to max level. It was about the journey there. That is why there was so little to do at level 60 besides raiding and PvP!

So, for the last time, I repeat: Implementing RAF is a bad idea, because the people who rush themselves to level 60 will find nothing but dissapointment, because they didn't bother to try and enjoy the leveling experience itself. Sure, being level 60 isn't neccesarily boring depending on how you choose to spend your time, but compared to all other expansions there is very little to do at max level, and so RAF will most likely flood World chat and the forums with (even more) unhappy players who rushed to level 60 as fast as they could and were left with nothing to do.
I disagree simply because there is very little to do on this server in large part because of the low level 60 population. If BGs were popping constantly, and were actually filled to capacity, I could see resistance to RAF as logical. However, at this point we need more people here to provide the current players more things to do. wPvP is not a thing, so BGs, raiding, world bosses, farming, and dungeons are the remaining activities. PvP in BGs, however, is the only activity that is perpetual (dungeons after pre-raid bis drop off, for example) and isn't set on a timer. Everyone that plays BGs will agree, we need more players to participate in them and, thus, need more players total. If RAF can get more unique 60's, it's a good option.

EbonTopaz

#47 » Post by EbonTopaz » 25 Aug 2015 09:58

useronly wrote:I disagree simply because there is very little to do on this server in large part because of the low level 60 population. If BGs were popping constantly, and were actually filled to capacity, I could see resistance to RAF as logical. However, at this point we need more people here to provide the current players more things to do. wPvP is not a thing, so BGs, raiding, world bosses, farming, and dungeons are the remaining activities. PvP in BGs, however, is the only activity that is perpetual (dungeons after pre-raid bis drop off, for example) and isn't set on a timer. Everyone that plays BGs will agree, we need more players to participate in them and, thus, need more players total. If RAF can get more unique 60's, it's a good option.
Hmm, I guess you have a good point. I suppose RAF would be good for that.

I am still opposed to granting special rewards to RAF users aside from the experience boost, however.

shibli09

#48 » Post by shibli09 » 25 Aug 2015 22:57

I think Raf is a good idea but only if boosted experience is what you got from it. No boosted levels, no mounts or special items. I do however think the summon your friend ability should stay. If I went undead and my friend went orc, than you are telling me one of us has to run to the other persons starting zone before we can level? If I do RAF I'm doing it from the start, not after 10-15 levels till we get to xroads.

.cosminn123

#49 » Post by .cosminn123 » 26 Aug 2015 00:36

shibli09 wrote:I think Raf is a good idea but only if boosted experience is what you got from it. No boosted levels, no mounts or special items. I do however think the summon your friend ability should stay. If I went undead and my friend went orc, than you are telling me one of us has to run to the other persons starting zone before we can level? If I do RAF I'm doing it from the start, not after 10-15 levels till we get to xroads.
This ^ :tick: .
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter

.night

#50 » Post by .night » 26 Aug 2015 01:09

can there be any retro active in this? Not missed experience, but just getting into the RaF bonus. Have someone that just started with me last weekend...

austen260

#51 » Post by austen260 » 31 Aug 2015 23:02

EbonTopaz wrote:
ceh789 wrote:
EbonTopaz wrote: There is no reason to rush leveling to 60 in the server's current stage, when all there is to do is PvP and raid.
So don't.
Exactly. That's my entire point.

We are playing Vanilla content. Not WotLK content. People can scream "we are playing WotLK!" as loud as they want, but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't.

And in Vanilla, it wasn't about rushing to max level. It was about the journey there. That is why there was so little to do at level 60 besides raiding and PvP!

So, for the last time, I repeat: Implementing RAF is a bad idea, because the people who rush themselves to level 60 will find nothing but dissapointment, because they didn't bother to try and enjoy the leveling experience itself. Sure, being level 60 isn't neccesarily boring depending on how you choose to spend your time, but compared to all other expansions there is very little to do at max level, and so RAF will most likely flood World chat and the forums with (even more) unhappy players who rushed to level 60 as fast as they could and were left with nothing to do.
Enjoy leveling to 60? Yes, leveling through the dungeon finder to 60 is just so much fun and completes my immersion. I would hate to be able to raid log.

EbonTopaz

#52 » Post by EbonTopaz » 01 Sep 2015 09:30

austen260 wrote:Enjoy leveling to 60? Yes, leveling through the dungeon finder to 60 is just so much fun and completes my immersion. I would hate to be able to raid log.
If you choose to level with the dungeon finder exclusively and rush to level 60 as fast as possible without bothering to read the lore, then it's your own fault when you're bored at level 60 with nothing to do.

It's like picking up a book and only skimming through it, and calling it a boring book at the end.

.ithril11

#53 » Post by .ithril11 » 01 Sep 2015 10:44

EbonTopaz wrote:
austen260 wrote:Enjoy leveling to 60? Yes, leveling through the dungeon finder to 60 is just so much fun and completes my immersion. I would hate to be able to raid log.
If you choose to level with the dungeon finder exclusively and rush to level 60 as fast as possible without bothering to read the lore, then it's your own fault when you're bored at level 60 with nothing to do.

It's like picking up a book and only skimming through it, and calling it a boring book at the end.
I've read this lore more than you to be completely honest. After my 30+ time to 60-70-80-90-100 and combine that with the fact that this game has been out for 10+ years. I'd like to fast-track myself sometimes.

Hotah

#54 » Post by Hotah » 01 Sep 2015 11:31

I think RAF is good idea. I have firends on retail who want to play old, vanilla/tbc content, but they are afraid about slow leveling.
But! Like shibli09 wrote:
shibli09 wrote:I think Raf is a good idea but only if boosted experience is what you got from it. No boosted levels, no mounts or special items. I do however think the summon your friend ability should stay. If I went undead and my friend went orc, than you are telling me one of us has to run to the other persons starting zone before we can level? If I do RAF I'm doing it from the start, not after 10-15 levels till we get to xroads.
In my opinion RAF will increase population on our serwer and it should be implemented as soon as posible.

EbonTopaz

#55 » Post by EbonTopaz » 02 Sep 2015 09:26

ithril11 wrote:I've read this lore more than you to be completely honest. After my 30+ time to 60-70-80-90-100 and combine that with the fact that this game has been out for 10+ years. I'd like to fast-track myself sometimes.
Well, I don't know about reading the lore more than me, but I guess it's understandable if you've leveled so many times already.

However, it pays to keep in mind that there's not a lot to do yet once you've finished with rushing. Due to the long queues you'll have to find other ways to keep you busy, and a significant amount of players don't seem capable of that.

adolphjlj123

#56 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 05 Sep 2015 23:54

bumpppppppp was promised RaF. Add please, sever slowly dying

adolphjlj123

#57 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 10 Sep 2015 19:07

weekly reminder that RaF was promised to us, if you cant fix instances atleast use that time on implementing raf

Cleofatra

#58 » Post by Cleofatra » 10 Sep 2015 19:48

Man people so demanding... I agree RAF should be added but keep in mind they are doing this server FOR FREE. They don't owe you anything, try to act more appreciative.

Also whatchu mean "cant fix instances?" they add fixes almost daily if you check the bugtracker matey.

rage209

#59 » Post by rage209 » 10 Sep 2015 20:57

adolph is complaining like he's pay's a sub lol.. kid prolly doesn't even donate...