RAF

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
User avatar
shibli09
Posts: 194
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 01:32

Re: RAF

#31 » Post by shibli09 » 14 Aug 2015 18:16

Tomerant wrote:people these days...

"i wOnna play on x1 realm but I wOnna ding lvlcap in 2h"

just play the game.... if you are bored with it (like I am) do something different in it. Do "stupid" stuff, do unusual stuff...
I guess it's easier to cry on dev's shoulders.
Says the guy crying on dev's shoulders to not change the server to pvp or do any form of pvp compromise LOL

User avatar
saben
Donor
Posts: 61
Joined: 27 Jul 2015 18:31

Re: RAF

#32 » Post by saben » 14 Aug 2015 21:25

Maybe instead of RAF have a bonus XP week/weekend once a month or something? I didn't find leveling too bad, but I could see having a bump in XP being beneficial to people who want to try to get a little more into the server to try it out, but don't have a ton of time to invest upfront.
Saben - Undead Mage

User avatar
.renjiowns
Posts: 57
Joined: 03 Jun 2015 03:53

Re: RAF

#33 » Post by .renjiowns » 19 Aug 2015 03:35

shibli09 wrote:
Tomerant wrote:people these days...

"i wOnna play on x1 realm but I wOnna ding lvlcap in 2h"

just play the game.... if you are bored with it (like I am) do something different in it. Do "stupid" stuff, do unusual stuff...
I guess it's easier to cry on dev's shoulders.
Says the guy crying on dev's shoulders to not change the server to pvp or do any form of pvp compromise LOL
It's almost as if not everyone wants to level 1x every time they wanna play a new character or that maybe.. people want to PvP. hmmm...
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

User avatar
.night

Re: RAF

#34 » Post by .night » 23 Aug 2015 07:59

I was originally hoping for RaF too, but now that I've got some time in... with finder bonus xp and the current relative ease of lowbie dungeons I really don't think it's necessary.

User avatar
Swerfy
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 Jul 2015 15:29

Re: RAF

#35 » Post by Swerfy » 24 Aug 2015 03:50

Do we know whats happening with this? I originally joined the server with 6 friends and a few other guildies from retail seemed interested so we came on to play for a little while. They all seemed to hang around till around levels 5-10 before they started moaning about how slow it was. I Skype them to come play but they say "can't be bothered with x1" I am 60 myself and so is my other friend who stuck with me. If there was anything at all that increased xp rates it would give me a new pitch. Untill then ill just keep pestering them! If there is a plan let me know. My friend said he sent a ticket at level 3 asking about RaF and his response was it wont be added till Wotlk he then logged off..... because hes lazy.

So yeah if there is a new plan let us know :D

User avatar
Nyeriah

Re: RAF

#36 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Aug 2015 03:58

It should come on soon (sooner now than before).

User avatar
Fice94
Donor
Posts: 80
Joined: 14 Jun 2015 17:31

Re: RAF

#37 » Post by Fice94 » 24 Aug 2015 07:11

Will you get Rewards like on retail?
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE

User avatar
Roel
Founder
Posts: 6415
Joined: 17 May 2010 14:51
Location: Planet Earth

Re: RAF

#38 » Post by Roel » 24 Aug 2015 10:44

Fice94 wrote:Will you get Rewards like on retail?
Yes the rewards will be like at TrueWoW:
1 recruit - 250 Vote Points
2 recruits - Swift Zhevra
3 recruits - X-53 Tourning Rocket

Though the riding requirements would not be changed, but you obviously can't use the rocket until TBC.

User avatar
EbonTopaz
Posts: 89
Joined: 12 May 2015 14:52

Re: RAF

#39 » Post by EbonTopaz » 24 Aug 2015 10:51

Implementing RAF at this current stage is a bad, bad idea.

We're currently in the Vanilla stage of end-game, with WotLK leveling rates. These leveling rates already made the way to level 60 much faster than it would have been on a regular Vanilla server. However, many people find that once they reach level 60, there isn't much to do aside from gathering gear for/from raiding or doing PvP. And because all these people don't realise that until they reach the level cap, they get bored and start to complain to the devs on the forums and in World chat.

Remember, back in Vanilla days it wasn't about reaching level 60 as fast as possible. It was about the journey towards reaching level 60. And for anybody who would like to argue that this isn't Vanilla, the fact that all current content is strictly Vanilla still makes said point apply.
Image

User avatar
Fice94
Donor
Posts: 80
Joined: 14 Jun 2015 17:31

Re: RAF

#40 » Post by Fice94 » 24 Aug 2015 12:26

Prime wrote:
Fice94 wrote:Will you get Rewards like on retail?
Yes the rewards will be like at TrueWoW:
1 recruit - 250 Vote Points
2 recruits - Swift Zhevra
3 recruits - X-53 Tourning Rocket

Though the riding requirements would not be changed, but you obviously can't use the rocket until TBC.

How it will be checked? so the reffered Account needs to get 60 or login at least Login once per week for a month?
Also maybe we could get a workaround for Touring Rocket? Maybe for 5 RAFs The Grand Black War Mammoth (mammoth with out the vendors)

Anyways 5 friends will check out the server when raf hits so far since they all bored on wod (old guildmates)
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE

User avatar
Analya
Posts: 98
Joined: 27 Jul 2015 18:29

Re: RAF

#41 » Post by Analya » 24 Aug 2015 15:43

EbonTopaz wrote:Implementing RAF at this current stage is a bad, bad idea.

We're currently in the Vanilla stage of end-game, with WotLK leveling rates. These leveling rates already made the way to level 60 much faster than it would have been on a regular Vanilla server. However, many people find that once they reach level 60, there isn't much to do aside from gathering gear for/from raiding or doing PvP. And because all these people don't realise that until they reach the level cap, they get bored and start to complain to the devs on the forums and in World chat.

Remember, back in Vanilla days it wasn't about reaching level 60 as fast as possible. It was about the journey towards reaching level 60. And for anybody who would like to argue that this isn't Vanilla, the fact that all current content is strictly Vanilla still makes said point apply.

You are making same mistake like i did when i started playing here. This is WOLTK :)

User avatar
EbonTopaz
Posts: 89
Joined: 12 May 2015 14:52

Re: RAF

#42 » Post by EbonTopaz » 24 Aug 2015 15:59

Analya wrote:
EbonTopaz wrote:Implementing RAF at this current stage is a bad, bad idea.

We're currently in the Vanilla stage of end-game, with WotLK leveling rates. These leveling rates already made the way to level 60 much faster than it would have been on a regular Vanilla server. However, many people find that once they reach level 60, there isn't much to do aside from gathering gear for/from raiding or doing PvP. And because all these people don't realise that until they reach the level cap, they get bored and start to complain to the devs on the forums and in World chat.

Remember, back in Vanilla days it wasn't about reaching level 60 as fast as possible. It was about the journey towards reaching level 60. And for anybody who would like to argue that this isn't Vanilla, the fact that all current content is strictly Vanilla still makes said point apply.

You are making same mistake like i did when i started playing here. This is WOLTK :)
I think you completely missed my point and didn't even read my final sentence.

I repeat, RAF is a bad idea because we're currently in Vanilla content. Yes, we are playing with a WotLK engine, but we are not playing WotLK content. There is no reason to rush leveling to 60 in the server's current stage, when all there is to do is PvP and raid.
Image

User avatar
Fice94
Donor
Posts: 80
Joined: 14 Jun 2015 17:31

Re: RAF

#43 » Post by Fice94 » 24 Aug 2015 16:01

The fun begins at maxlevel.
And no one forces you to use raf anyways
Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2015 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE

User avatar
ceh789
Donor
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 May 2015 06:29

Re: RAF

#44 » Post by ceh789 » 24 Aug 2015 16:02

EbonTopaz wrote: There is no reason to rush leveling to 60 in the server's current stage, when all there is to do is PvP and raid.
So don't.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

User avatar
EbonTopaz
Posts: 89
Joined: 12 May 2015 14:52

Re: RAF

#45 » Post by EbonTopaz » 24 Aug 2015 16:12

ceh789 wrote:
EbonTopaz wrote: There is no reason to rush leveling to 60 in the server's current stage, when all there is to do is PvP and raid.
So don't.
Exactly. That's my entire point.

We are playing Vanilla content. Not WotLK content. People can scream "we are playing WotLK!" as loud as they want, but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't.

And in Vanilla, it wasn't about rushing to max level. It was about the journey there. That is why there was so little to do at level 60 besides raiding and PvP!

So, for the last time, I repeat: Implementing RAF is a bad idea, because the people who rush themselves to level 60 will find nothing but dissapointment, because they didn't bother to try and enjoy the leveling experience itself. Sure, being level 60 isn't neccesarily boring depending on how you choose to spend your time, but compared to all other expansions there is very little to do at max level, and so RAF will most likely flood World chat and the forums with (even more) unhappy players who rushed to level 60 as fast as they could and were left with nothing to do.
Image

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest