Cataclysm Discus

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
narcissa

Re: Cataclysm Discus

#16 » Post by narcissa » 10 Apr 2011 20:41

duh, they live for this.

Vaati
Banned

#17 » Post by Vaati » 12 Apr 2011 21:34

Doom wrote:You guys didnt have to bo so rude yknow.
The fact that there have been million topics made about Cataclysm, and that OHouse couldn't have simply used the search feature, or hell, ask somebody on his world channel, gives people a right to be somewhat rude. Not to mention it's on the FAQ.

Rudeness usually gets the point across in this type of situation. We could have responded in a different way but, most of us are sick of that particular question. Rudeness may not be appreciated, but you should expect as much.
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

Roel
Founder

#18 » Post by Roel » 12 Apr 2011 22:36

You know how often I heard this question? I would be ready to ban people asking it just because they don't deserve this server if they can't even search and read the FAQ.

lexoon

#19 » Post by lexoon » 12 Apr 2011 23:52

That might be true, but in my opinion Doom is right. Just give him a hint to read the FAQ, or if you are so upset because of a question, just don't answer, calm down and let others send him a message.

I'm new to this server, I like it and I think it would be cool if it would grow, with more players. But when I visited this Forum and read a few post, my first thought was that here is a very rude tone. This keeps me, and i would say also other people, from really "joining" this community. I get the feeling that here is an "Admin Crew" that know each other and they lead discussions and so on, so the thing is getting private and other people feel as outsiders. (sry for my bad english, hope you understand what I mean ;) )

It seems that the best you can do is play on your own, stay away from GM's so you can be sure not to make them angry and if you don't like something of have an idea, you better shut up.
I think this is the wrong way, you need a great community to get this server growing. But maybe you are glad with it as it is now, I don't know.

Just my few cents.
greetz, Lexoon

Kraith
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Kraith » 13 Apr 2011 00:58

Any rage I had for this question being asked yet again was calmed by the hilarity of the first 4 responses. :D
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Vaati
Banned

#21 » Post by Vaati » 13 Apr 2011 01:48

Kraith wrote:Any rage I had for this question being asked yet again was calmed by the hilarity of the first 4 responses. :D
^
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

OkweL

#22 » Post by OkweL » 14 Apr 2011 06:10

lexoon wrote:That might be true, but in my opinion Doom is right.
He is not. Question about Cataclysm is common on every WoW-related websites and forums. It means that if question is common, and there is something like FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), such question with answer should be there. And guess what, it is in this case. Thinking doesn't hurt.
lexoon wrote:I'm new to this server, I like it and I think it would be cool if it would grow, with more players. But when I visited this Forum and read a few post, my first thought was that here is a very rude tone. This keeps me, and i would say also other people, from really "joining" this community. I get the feeling that here is an "Admin Crew" that know each other and they lead discussions and so on, so the thing is getting private and other people feel as outsiders. (sry for my bad english, hope you understand what I mean ;) )

It seems that the best you can do is play on your own, stay away from GM's so you can be sure not to make them angry and if you don't like something of have an idea, you better shut up.
Yeah, we meet each other in @Roels house every 1st months weekend and talk who to mute and ban in the next weeks. :lol:

If what you said would be true, then your post would be already deleted or topic locked and your account banned.

Palos

#23 » Post by Palos » 17 Apr 2011 07:13

I would like to defend people like OHouse from this.

True that its no excuse for anyone not to read the FAQ but its also no excuse for anyone to be rude to other people. People are leaving an impression that this server is full of rude people which is not good especially in the forums and most especially in a topic like this.

As a player, moderator, gm etc we should all show respect to each and everyone.

By saying such rude gestures like throw ur pc out the window, or are you stupid, or I should ban people for asking such questions, and such, your just making clear what type of person/people you really are.

Nobodys perfect remember that so we should respect people even in the slightest mistake most esp in the forums.

OkweL

#24 » Post by OkweL » 17 Apr 2011 11:11

Respect is not a thing that you can demand. It's a thing that you have to earn. You earn it in this case by following sticky, rules or checking if your questions wasn't already answered.

Comments about throwing pc away or if he is stupid or not, were simply sarcastic.

Palos

#25 » Post by Palos » 17 Apr 2011 11:39

OkweL wrote:Respect is not a thing that you can demand. It's a thing that you have to earn. You earn it in this case by following sticky, rules or checking if your questions wasn't already answered.

Comments about throwing pc away or if he is stupid or not, were simply sarcastic.

Not everyone appreciates sarcasm and thats where respect comes in, which is being fair and not throwing sarcasm or rude comments. Anyhow this is a forum and everyone should at least try to be helpful and not sarcastic.

True that respect is something that you earn but keep in mind that each and everyone is entitled to be respected initially. Respect begets respect. To earn respect, you should also exhibit and practice respect towards any and other people. 'Nuff said.

Dumb

#26 » Post by Dumb » 17 Apr 2011 14:04

I Love how its called FAQ :D

Warpath

#27 » Post by Warpath » 17 Apr 2011 15:43

Virus wrote:I Love how its called FAQ :D
ahhaha I know what u mean XD