Xavia

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
User avatar
Guided
Banned
Posts: 246
Joined: 08 Mar 2011 11:53

Re: Xavia

#31 » Post by Guided » 05 Apr 2011 20:03

Revernance wrote: I work on the idea that if i walked up to a police officer here in the uk and called them that word, how long id last before id be cuffed and arrested. I dont consider that unfair.
As much as i have heard from ppl that live in UK, the police can cuff you and take you in even if you dont say anything, it depends all on the officers mood, but usually they warn you for saying something like that by saying "mind your language" or "refrain yourself from saying it", but what can i say, when i look at the queen then no wonder >.>.

@marind, so you are saying that, whatever i do gms are always right?
The illusion of rebirth, false hopes making us feel even more desperate - it's spring.
Rain falls from the sky, blazing sun trying to purify us with its hellish flames - it's summer
The path of life - death, nothing remains when the grim reaper swings its scythe - it's autumn.
No light in the cold, darkness eating us with the fangs of eternal red ice - it's winter.

User avatar
narcissa
Donor
Posts: 2796
Joined: 04 Mar 2011 00:47

Re: Xavia

#32 » Post by narcissa » 05 Apr 2011 22:22

Guys, wth have policemen anything to do with mods, are we crazy or what? It's a crime even if you call a policeman an idiot, should you be muted if you call a mod an idiot? o.o
Hang in there, baby.

User avatar
Guided
Banned
Posts: 246
Joined: 08 Mar 2011 11:53

Re: Xavia

#33 » Post by Guided » 06 Apr 2011 06:40

Apparantly some gms cant handle the pressure and use their gm powers (in this case mute) to get rid of those players they dont like.
The illusion of rebirth, false hopes making us feel even more desperate - it's spring.
Rain falls from the sky, blazing sun trying to purify us with its hellish flames - it's summer
The path of life - death, nothing remains when the grim reaper swings its scythe - it's autumn.
No light in the cold, darkness eating us with the fangs of eternal red ice - it's winter.

User avatar
Vaati
Banned
Posts: 666
Joined: 01 Oct 2010 22:35
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Xavia

#34 » Post by Vaati » 08 Apr 2011 23:44

Alright, everyone, calm down. I agree that nobody should be muted for the word "bastard" but, you don't need to insult mods every chance you get. Make your point and you're done. You don't need more than that.

@Revernance, this server is currently based in the US. So, the laws of the US apply more than those of the UK. People don't generally feel insulted by words like "douche" or "bastard", therefor, you shouldn't mute for that. Also, the only person who would be yelled at for saying that is a 5 year old. If it's a 10+ year old kid, his/her parents probably wouldn't care.

I agree with Okwel completely. The things that people are being muted for is just getting out of hand. Muting for let's say, 5 hours for saying something like, "you're an immature moron who needs to grow up." That's ridiculous. When that is said to any normal player, a mod would usually say, "tone it down a little" or something similar. But when that is said to certain mods, the mod would usually mute them instantly, feeling superior to everybody else.

This last part should probably go within the staff review, but I'll say it here for now. The attitudes of many of our mods is ridiculous. Half of them seem to think that they're better than everybody else, calling them pathetic rule breakers who have no respect. But, the reality is, that many, if not all, of our mods use similar rude language and disrespect on a daily basis. I never threaten to mute with, "That's something that only immature 12 year olds would say" because I know that I, myself, have said the same type of thing. Instead I just say, that the only reason I mute for that is because I enforce the rules.

On global channels, I happily enforce the rules and warn people about their language, but in my guild chat, there are people using rude language left and right. This is because I don't really mind what others say, but I DO mind when people break the rules. Make no mistake though, I DO monitor the global channels and do it rather effectively in my opinion. I may let people say what they want in my guild chat, but on global channels, I wouldn't tolerate any of that.

That sums up my response to this topic and some of my opinion on staff. I'll happily repost that part on the staff topic if needed.
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Image
Image
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

User avatar
Guided
Banned
Posts: 246
Joined: 08 Mar 2011 11:53

Re: Xavia

#35 » Post by Guided » 09 Apr 2011 22:13

i didnt insult any gms, i only said the phrase " the word "bastard" isnt a swear word -.-" and bang! i was muted for 30 mins...
The illusion of rebirth, false hopes making us feel even more desperate - it's spring.
Rain falls from the sky, blazing sun trying to purify us with its hellish flames - it's summer
The path of life - death, nothing remains when the grim reaper swings its scythe - it's autumn.
No light in the cold, darkness eating us with the fangs of eternal red ice - it's winter.

User avatar
Warpath
Posts: 1099
Joined: 15 Sep 2010 21:35

Re: Xavia

#36 » Post by Warpath » 09 Apr 2011 22:25

I was muted for ''damn'' (wasnt in caps), but I dont complain about it. It was only 30 min :D
PS: damn isnt in the mature filter I think :D
Sometimes life seems so unfortunate, that's why I don't give a shit.
The poor stay poor, the rich get richer, it's just so disproportionate.
You don't know just what I've gone through, that's why I would rather show you
just how far that I can take it, every rule, I'm breaking it...



Good enough for you now ? Or u gonna start crying again ?

User avatar
Vaati
Banned
Posts: 666
Joined: 01 Oct 2010 22:35
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Xavia

#37 » Post by Vaati » 13 Apr 2011 01:49

Warpath wrote:I was muted for ''damn'' (wasnt in caps), but I dont complain about it. It was only 30 min :D
PS: damn isnt in the mature filter I think :D
It's not..
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Image
Image
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

User avatar
lexoon
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Apr 2011 23:42

Re: Xavia

#38 » Post by lexoon » 13 Apr 2011 12:09

Vaati wrote:Alright, everyone, calm down. I agree that nobody should be muted for the word "bastard" but, you don't need to insult mods every chance you get. Make your point and you're done. You don't need more than that.

@Revernance, this server is currently based in the US. So, the laws of the US apply more than those of the UK. People don't generally feel insulted by words like "douche" or "bastard", therefor, you shouldn't mute for that. Also, the only person who would be yelled at for saying that is a 5 year old. If it's a 10+ year old kid, his/her parents probably wouldn't care.

I agree with Okwel completely. The things that people are being muted for is just getting out of hand. Muting for let's say, 5 hours for saying something like, "you're an immature moron who needs to grow up." That's ridiculous. When that is said to any normal player, a mod would usually say, "tone it down a little" or something similar. But when that is said to certain mods, the mod would usually mute them instantly, feeling superior to everybody else.

This last part should probably go within the staff review, but I'll say it here for now. The attitudes of many of our mods is ridiculous. Half of them seem to think that they're better than everybody else, calling them pathetic rule breakers who have no respect. But, the reality is, that many, if not all, of our mods use similar rude language and disrespect on a daily basis. I never threaten to mute with, "That's something that only immature 12 year olds would say" because I know that I, myself, have said the same type of thing. Instead I just say, that the only reason I mute for that is because I enforce the rules.

On global channels, I happily enforce the rules and warn people about their language, but in my guild chat, there are people using rude language left and right. This is because I don't really mind what others say, but I DO mind when people break the rules. Make no mistake though, I DO monitor the global channels and do it rather effectively in my opinion. I may let people say what they want in my guild chat, but on global channels, I wouldn't tolerate any of that.

That sums up my response to this topic and some of my opinion on staff. I'll happily repost that part on the staff topic if needed.
100% agree!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 84 guests