Best PVE players on TrueWow.org

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Cryptonite

Re: Best PVE players on TrueWow.org

#406 » Post by Cryptonite » 28 Aug 2011 15:27

lol Roel I used to be a hardcore pvp player so I know the way they think. but to be honest most of this server hasn't even begun to reach the potential fun raids have to offer. the reason most people prefer PvP is because they can manipulate enemies, pwn noobs, call themselves great with no real effort, yea I've seen pvp at it's best. if people give up on 3 tries at bloodqueen no wonder so many people cry about battlegrounds. all I can say is LOL!

Roel
Founder

#407 » Post by Roel » 28 Aug 2011 15:33

LOL PvP is all about arena not battlegrounds...

Fenris

#408 » Post by Fenris » 28 Aug 2011 15:46

Isn't it about both? :D
Fenris - the ultimate tank

The angels sang out... in an immaculate chorus
And down from the heavens... descended Chuck Norris

Roel
Founder

#409 » Post by Roel » 28 Aug 2011 15:53

Battlegrounds are like dungeons in PvE if that helps you understand better, it's to get the first gears so you can continue to the more serious part :P

Tia

#410 » Post by Tia » 28 Aug 2011 16:02

Roel wrote:horde = PvE
ally = PvP
PvE = for new players to get some gear for PvP and learn to play the class (leveling process included)
PvP = more like end game content

If you want to see a more detailed explanation, read this. Don't get stuck in PvE or you will quit the game after doing 100+ ICC runs, move on to the real part of WoW :P
Okay, one little post before I leave this topic serve its original reason. :lol:

Both PvP and PvE have an end-game content that requires you to absolutely know your class if you want to perform well and devote a lot of time to it(no matter if you spend hours in arenas or 500+ wipes on end-game boss). Apart from that they are completely uncomparable. However, PvP seems a more obvious choice for many players, because they can accomplish many things by themselves and rely on max 4 other players when doing 5v5 brackets, whereas PvE players have to rely on 9/24 of whom none may screw up in the run for the realm first :).

Currently you cannot do any end game content here since there are no arena seasons nor a scripted Arthas. IMO, the real end game content will begin if there is a new arena season with ladder reset and a fight for Realm First Lich King 25 man HC... till then play whatever you want :lol:

Roel
Founder

#411 » Post by Roel » 28 Aug 2011 16:13

This is not retail.

Cryptonite

#412 » Post by Cryptonite » 29 Aug 2011 00:33

Roel wrote:LOL PvP is all about arena not battlegrounds...
well I didn't add arenas because they are most boring of all, I mean seriously c'mon all people do in arena is pwn nabs, and well sometimes sure u get a challenge, but it's mostly the same people. Whereas in PvE you keep experiencing totally different experiences with different people, gota explain some things to those people but that could be fun as well. I think the main reason people prefer pvp is because it boosts ego way more than PvE can. trust me after a bunch of arenas you'll get fed up aswell, till some new meat arrives, then it's fun again, for a while.. seriously. I've been there and I've done that. I might do a bit of pvp again once my druid is up and running around amongst 80s but I won't ever return to being a pure pvp player.

partially I feel that sometimes the reason people rather get angry at newer players that still suck in PvE rather than help them is because these "PRO's" are afraid of some fresh real competition to them, ally(duno abt horde) don't see themselves as team members, each and every one of them are a threat to one another in both pvp and pve, people would rather boost their own ego than drop the egocentric nonsense and help someone else learn.
yea sure come with the comments about "I play for myself I don't have to teach others" yea yea. then don't cry about the low pop in skilled people as well! I know the comments against me are coming so I guess let me hear it and get it over with.

Roel
Founder

#413 » Post by Roel » 29 Aug 2011 10:34

It's more like the other way around for me, PvP is dynamic with different players each time and your rating makes sure you can fight the ones of your own skill instead of pwning nabs. PvE are the same bosses each time but it's interesting to hear that you see it as dynamic because of different people in the raid, personally I would raid with mostly the same people each time because I know I can trust them. Anyway I have no more reason to continue about this, play the PvE game if you like it but there is no use complaining about the lag of PvE freaks.

dziubeks

#414 » Post by dziubeks » 30 Aug 2011 01:10

hmm i think ur kinda out of topic! but its only my opinion...
well all i can see there is how much dps/heal u can do while raid, just awesome
no1 says about knowing tactic and what is more important following it, im just owned when i see that people take it as dps contest... i often see that people stay at boss just to get higher dps in recount instead killing adds, spikes, run with spores or whatever, (yes i know, my recount tells me evrything u lying bastards) other thing is reading skill, many people just cant read or use brain, to be honest idk, maybe even both, i know only few good PVE players and they rly dont have highest dps/heal, they just do their job well, thats the reason why we still didnt down queen, this is the only boss which requires all 25 skilled players. We just cant do it with 10 man like others, one guy can wipe whole raid. i hope this reply wasnt to long and u read it all:)

P.S.
get back to the topic or gtfoh

Regards
Behindu

Spidro

#415 » Post by Spidro » 30 Aug 2011 01:32

Behindu said it all :D
The thing I like the most about PvE ppl is when they can make a new tactic for a boss out of nothing.. like if you're short in ranged ppl you change the wholle tactic.. stuff like that

I like how me and frozendeath came up with an awesome tactic for OS title run that no one have ever thought before... now I see lots of ppl using it xD
You can't hit what you can't see.

Spidro - LvL80 Orc Rogue
Happymeal - LvL80 Tauren Druid
Cheeseburger - LvL80 Tauren DeathKnight

i'm lovin' it

I will be back.

Intervention
Former Staff

#416 » Post by Intervention » 30 Aug 2011 02:34

And the tactic is?

Both PVE and PVP require lots of teamwork. I'd say PVE is harder though, fighting the AI can be challenging and everything has to go right. You tend to have more room for error vsing humans....

Just thought i'd put in my two cents.

Anyone got any up and coming good PVE players? :D
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Tassadar

#417 » Post by Tassadar » 30 Aug 2011 03:23

No, but I heard a noob called T + ass + tard was in Truewow !

Guided

#418 » Post by Guided » 30 Aug 2011 05:14

Well, what if all the moves and spells on the bosses were randomly timed with each encounter anew, would that spice up the PvE content and make it more popular? Well, sure it will, but the saying "Expect the unexpected" goes for both PvE and PvP =).

Roel
Founder

#419 » Post by Roel » 30 Aug 2011 10:42

Bosses should ignore tanks, attack healers and weak melee or CC and silence them, disarm melee and reflect caster spells :D

Intervention
Former Staff

#420 » Post by Intervention » 30 Aug 2011 11:41

Roel wrote:Bosses should ignore tanks, attack healers and weak melee or CC and silence them, disarm melee and reflect caster spells :D

If you think about it, they do all those things, just not every boss. But if you think about it, that would make it very challenging but too 'PVP'.

I think what Guided was getting at was mixing up the phases and/or not casting something every 30 seconds or something. That would be cool, keep you on your toes.

But i think that people doing ICC every week (the same bosses over and over again) is enough proof that PVE is still fun, challenging and can be addictive.

I'd like to say that Wodin - Rogue (Alliance) seems to be a pretty good up and coming rogue with some leadership skills. :D
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!