Professions and other anoyyous tips for a newbie

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
lordrevenant

Professions and other anoyyous tips for a newbie

#1 » Post by lordrevenant » 18 Jan 2016 18:03

Ok so I am settling into the server (@ a whopping level 7 atm) and have ben asked quite frequently what professions I have... so yeah uhh any particular ones I should look out for? I play a dranei paladin(plan on going full protection for tanking purposes).

I am sure this one has been asked numerous times by players...maybe??... bag space. How I acquire more? I have the bag given at creation of character and a little cute 4 slot bag.

I also know, from experience on other games, that normally when you are a lower level you have better access to item drops ( base comparison due to higher lvls reduce drops on lower lvl mobs on most games). In the interest of making money aka gold here I presume are there any particular drops or items that I might find that are more difficult for higher lvls to find that I might want to save up for the purpose of gold?

When I have more questions I will add them as I think of them. Once again, thank you for reading

Xeye

Re: Professions and other anoyyous tips for a newbie

#2 » Post by Xeye » 18 Jan 2016 18:15

WoW has no differed drop rate based on level. The best way for you make gold would be to get a gathering profession (mining, herbalism or skinning) and get to work. But I have no idea if there is a maket for low level gatherables since I am also new on the server and the population is kinda lowish.

That being said, what I prefer to do is to sell every grey item to an NPC vendor (never delete gray items unless you need the bag space) and go to the auction house and see if there is a market for anything I might have in my bags. Gear pieces almost always sell, especially if they're blue or purple.

Now about bags, there are some bag vendors that sell some lower quality bags for cheap, but if I were you I'd ask my guild (if you are in one) for some bags, most likely there are some stored away in the guild vault. There are also a few quests in the draenei zones that reward bags, I don't remember which ones though.

EDIT: This thread should give you a basic idea of the benefits from each profession: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 02&t=11929

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 18 Jan 2016 21:51

As low level trying to get money, l suggest you to take mining, because on your way of leveling you will collect ores that you can sell or keep for self for blacksmith profession or engi.

However, l would more suggest you to skip all professions and focus on leveling and here is why:
  • lower time needed to get to 80
    all quests, when you become 80 are instead xp give gold
    its easier to skill up profession as level 80 than to try it as low level player
Also if you are really low on gold, ask guild. In the end you need 5 g for mount at level 20, and till you reach level 40 for 100g mount you will already have gold yourself for it.

Rascall

#4 » Post by Rascall » 18 Jan 2016 22:18

I would say it´s easier to level professions during your leveling time. If you plan to do be a prot paladin I guess jewelcrafting and blacksmithing is generally the best combo in this expansion. But you might try mining as primary one to get resources for the other one first. Ask in guild for further help regarding professions but there are also professions guides all over google if you want to level professions pretty fast. I believe there is someone in any guild willing to craft you better than 4 slot bags. Have fun and cya ingame.
Rascall Retribution/Holy
Rascallus Blood (tank)/Unholy (DPS)
Rascalluz Affliction/Demonology
Rascalles Feral (bear)/Balance
Rascallez Assassination
Rascallis Arms (DPS)/Arms (tank)
Razcall Marksmanship/Survival
Razcallus Fury/Protection
Razcalluz Feral (cat)/Restoration
Razcalles Combat/Subtlety
Razcaellez Beast Mastery
Razcaell Discipline/Holy
Razcaelllus Enhancement/Restoration
Razcaelluz Blood (DPS)/Frost (tank)
Razcaelles Elemental/Spellhance
Razcaellez Arcane/Frostfire
Rascaell Protection
Rascaellus Frost (DPS)/Unholy (tank)
Rascaelluz Fire/Frost
Rascaelles Shadow
Rascaellez Destruction

...and more...

lordrevenant

#5 » Post by lordrevenant » 19 Jan 2016 15:14

Fastor wrote:As low level trying to get money, l suggest you to take mining, because on your way of leveling you will collect ores that you can sell or keep for self for blacksmith profession or engi.

However, l would more suggest you to skip all professions and focus on leveling and here is why:
  • lower time needed to get to 80
    all quests, when you become 80 are instead xp give gold
    its easier to skill up profession as level 80 than to try it as low level player
Also if you are really low on gold, ask guild. In the end you need 5 g for mount at level 20, and till you reach level 40 for 100g mount you will already have gold yourself for it.

I looked up your character in the Armory... you make me want to play a mage.

Thank you everyone for the tips/advice. Much appreciated

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 19 Jan 2016 16:10

lordrevenant wrote:I looked up your character in the Armory... you make me want to play a mage.
^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Np btw.