/r/wowservers on Reddit

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
heartlesshound

/r/wowservers on Reddit

#1 » Post by heartlesshound » 30 Aug 2015 05:05

So, I've been bopping about on reddit for a while and I stumbled upon this subreddit. Reading through some of the posts it seems TW doesn't get much love there. I feel we're missing a chance to grab some players from the likes of Gamer District and DalaWow, so guys, if you have a reddit account go subscribe to this subreddit and give TW some love. The server deserves it. I'm ex Spermik and I can tell you, of all the servers it could've merged with I'm glad it was this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/

ItchyVortex

Re: /r/wowservers on Reddit

#2 » Post by ItchyVortex » 30 Aug 2015 13:58

Its weird because primal gets love there... But that subreddit is very toxic and i feel like nobody goes there to find out servers, people only go there to upvote everything related to their server and downvote everything related to other servers.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Vaen

#3 » Post by Vaen » 30 Aug 2015 15:45

ItchyVortex wrote:Its weird because primal gets love there... But that subreddit is very toxic and i feel like nobody goes there to find out servers, people only go there to upvote everything related to their server and downvote everything related to other servers.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Aug 2015 16:10

Last time I checked that thing people were copy pasting our PTR threads to claim we were a bugged server along other made up things. No idea, I think it would require a vast effort to overthrow the bad weeds that are already installed there.

thequinn1485

#5 » Post by thequinn1485 » 03 Sep 2015 22:53

I learned about it from YouTube. DodgyKabaab's channel. And he gives this server a glowing review. As a matter of fact the idea to play on a private server for me began on youtube. Players like myself who really enjoyed up to WOTLK would never visit reddit. That is unless we want to give several hundred trolls a rise. Reddit is a cesspool plain and simple.

heartlesshound

#6 » Post by heartlesshound » 16 Sep 2015 22:46

Tumblr is worse lol. But ye, that subreddit is pretty toxic. I just thought maybe we could change some opinions if we hit it hard. And no, I'm not here because of Reddit, or Youtube for that matter. My history with this server goes way further back than that ^-^

mikespad

#7 » Post by mikespad » 20 Sep 2015 08:00

Here is prof that people use the subreddit to find servers. (I censured his name because I didn't ask his permission before posting)

And here is a new topic concerning TrueWoW: https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... is_better/
Maybe we can promote it a little.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Myaoming » 20 Sep 2015 23:40

PETNE PLS
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Sep 2015 00:06

mikespad wrote:Here is prof that people use the subreddit to find servers.
Well, that's nice, very nice, but also very rare. Just like finding good Abathurs Illidans in Hero League.