Biggest suggestion in terms of PrimalWoW management

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Ragnorak
Donor

Biggest suggestion in terms of PrimalWoW management

#1 » Post by Ragnorak » 06 Aug 2015 22:35

As the topic states this is a topic about our sister server PrimalWoW and it's management and therefore doesn't concern TrueWoW and it's players so there isn't much reason to read this at all unless you want to read it for readings sake or are in someway invested/concerned about PrimalWoW. Why am I posting a topic like this on the TrueWoW forums? Simple, because the community on PrimalWoW has reached an extreme level of toxicity where any post gets drowned out in a sea of useless name calling and anger and the only place left to post this suggestion was on our very own forums.

As to the suggestion... Someone on the staff team needs to fucking get off their asses and fix the situation on Primal. Every single day world chat and the forums are getting fucking flooded with the constant toxic PvE vs PvP debate. And the staff team has given very little input for the community to go on. Roel has stated "If an overwhelming majority of the players want the server to be changed to a PvP server then it will happen" or something along the lines of that. Well there is one gigantic poll on the forums with over 500 votes and the result is freaking dead even. The vote is split 50-50, so it's not an overwhelming majority so the staff won't act on it. But by doing that the staff team is basically disregarding HALF of their population and that is why half of the fucking population is constantly arguing with the other half about the server's status because they're not satisfied.

You guys have essentially split the server in half and placed each half on opposite ends of a fucking boxing cage and are now just waiting to see which side survives the fucking bloodbath. This fight has been going on for over a week, all the jabs and punches that each side can throw at each other have been thrown and it's time to make a decision. Make a statement that either states once and for all whether the server will be PvE or PvP despite what the other half of the server wants OR fucking settle on a REALISTIC compromise that BOTH sides will be happy about. Im putting emphasis on realistic and both because there are currently numerous ideas of compromise that have been floated around in the sea of toxicity that are neither of these things.

Main point is that the fighting needs to fucking stop today. Make a decision now, there has been enough community input already. Atm all I see is a good server that is struggling with identity issues despite being the only server of it's kind, however all newcomers see is a WoW server that has 2 factions that fucking hate each other which is fine and all except for the fact that the two factions aren't called the Horde or the Alliance.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

marko1984

Re: Biggest suggestion in terms of PrimalWoW management

#2 » Post by marko1984 » 06 Aug 2015 23:01

Ragno is pretty much right about this...
I've been playing on Primal past few days (not much i know) and i noticed that community on it is nonexistent...
Constant flame wars and name calling beyond reason and 0 action taken to calm the situation
The most major point is that Primal ppl will get used to things the way they are atm and when the time comes to fix it, it wont be possible
Toxisity of the community over there is beyond reason... IMO at least :s
Three mages!

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Aug 2015 23:20

Roel is already working on it. He just needs the time to get everything set and an announcement will be made, likely.

Ragnorak
Donor

#4 » Post by Ragnorak » 06 Aug 2015 23:27

^ can you make this statement on the PrimalWoW forums maybe then it'll shut them up for at least 20 mins. They've been ranting about some fucking italian restaurant for the past half hour that somehow relates to the debate...
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

Justicelight
Donor

#5 » Post by Justicelight » 06 Aug 2015 23:35

This is why I dislike the idea of merging the two servers, separate realms. Primal WoW needs to evolve on it's own, not being changed by TrueWoW intermediates (people that play on both servers).

If they are bad, let them be bad on each other, things will balance eventually, merging is not the solution to anything except maybe a different level of confort provided for the staff to handle all the players, issues, updated.

About PvP vs PvE thing, all of this things started when the population breached 300 players cap, and it's not like they are at 1k players now. So my point is to keep it as it is and explain to "other half" that switching to PvP will become a "future change" along final patch.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Ragnorak
Donor

#6 » Post by Ragnorak » 06 Aug 2015 23:44

I'm glad Roel finally shut PrimalWoW up on the forums... I don't know what will happen on world chats but the one thing i strongly disagree with his statement is the following underlined part...

"To summarize: The realm will stay PvE. The only thing we might consider in some way is this, as it seems the best compromise that wouldn't affect anyone who doesn't agree with it. Obviously only if we can implement it in a good way and it's definitely not high priority."

In my opinion the implementation of this feature should be considered one of the highest priorities for PrimalWoW since half the server is asking for it. While you may have appeased one side in this debate the other side might feel disregarded and that again will lead to hate on the public channels. You gotta give the PvPers a bone to chew on otherwise peaceful coexistence between those 2 factions may not happen or it may cause people to leave or repel newcomers looking for some sort of world pvp

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 07 Aug 2015 00:08

I believe the community can only get better over time. The population boom includes quite some bad apples from the social media but that's only to be expected. If it had grown like TrueWoW did 5 years ago, it would be peaking at like 50 (nice) people online right now.

I have also slightly adjusted the announcement to show what's of higher priority. I am certainly not going to overwork to meet all wishes, all due time.

Unless someone wants to say more here, this suggestion will be moved to Accepted soon.

Kainoni

#8 » Post by Kainoni » 07 Aug 2015 07:49

Hello all, this has been an important topic that caught my attention and I felt the need to voice my opinion on the matter!

I believe that it is a good choice for PrimalWoW to stay as a PvE realm for the players who do not wish to deal with being on a PvP realm. Many of the other private servers out on the market are all PvP, with very limited options for PvE realms that are as stable as this one is. I myself have scoured for PvE realms, only to come up empty-handed due to the over-saturation of the PvP private server market out there.

I feel that by leaving PrimalWoW as an option for those who enjoy a PvE server type realm, it will attract those who are desperately searching for that next-to-non-existant PvE realm that simply does not seem to exist in the private server community. If I may propose a suggestion, could those who do not wish to remain on the PrimalWoW realm possibly be offered transfers to this realm? It would satisfy the desires of both sides (those who want to have open world PvP, and those who do not) without dividing the playerbase, and most importantly, allows the freedom of choice to the players that would be unique to this server. The transfers could be done via donation, vote points, or even as a limited time offer for the first few months or so.

I understand that the servers are on different content patches, and this "solution" could occur as a penultimate move to ensure that the playerbase remains moderately content with the realm type options offered before the servers are linked or merged (but as someone above said, merging the two servers doesn't seem to be like a wise move given the divide).

I can imagine that the pro-PvE realm players would likely stop playing on PrimalWoW altogether or try to go elsewhere who can supply their needs for a PvE realm if PrimalWoW becomes yet another PvP realm, which we know that finding another PvE realm isn't likely to occur due to the high prevalence of PvP servers on the market already. Also, those who have joined PrimalWoW realized that they have rolled on a PvE realm, and to alter the server type to one that the pro-PvP half of the playerbase wants (by the looks of it, regarding the divide) and disregard the possibility of the pro-PvE players that may have joined in the first place for the PvE realm type would not instill a good attitude towards the community or staff and their decisions. After all, growing the playerbase is one step, the other is maintaining/retaining the playerbase. ;)

Thank you if you took the time to read this, I apologize if I seem rude or out-of-line regarding my suggestion - I simply fear that one of the rare, great PvE realms of private servers will fall to the wayside in favor of the PvP mentality of private servers that reduces choice and potential players. I do love this realm and the community, so keep it up for the future! :)

For those of you in a hurry or do not wish to read the whole thing:

TL;DR: Keep PrimalWoW as a PvE server, and TrueWoW as PvP for player choice and satisfaction, offer transfers via any method from PW to TW for those who want open-world PvP once the patches on both servers are the same.

EDIT: Fixed a typo, added more thoughts.

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 07 Aug 2015 09:41

Like announced at the homepage, there are plans to allow special transfers from PW to TW. However it can still take quite a while before that gets implemented and no kind of transfers will be offered until then.

Kainoni

#10 » Post by Kainoni » 07 Aug 2015 09:49

That sounds wonderful, and thank you once more for acknowledging the suggestion! Best of luck with the progress of the servers! :D

belendor

#11 » Post by belendor » 07 Aug 2015 14:58

awsum, another paladin for my belendorian guard :3
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'