Shadowmourne proc chance: open topic for discussion.

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Justicelight
Donor

Shadowmourne proc chance: open topic for discussion.

#1 » Post by Justicelight » 17 May 2015 01:24

Hello, in this topic I hope everyone who is interested in how Shadowmourne should work will post their reliable sources to prove a point. Meaning: you propose how Shadowmourne should work, you find a source and you post it and you add some comments to it.

Please do not make side and useless discussions, they will be removed.

So I will just start:

Paladin point of view (unclear videos, but watch them several times while tracking the Soul Fragments proc rate):

[youtube]yXJkrIygXXs[/youtube]

[youtube]tUL6GVDingQ[/youtube]

Warrior point of view:

later on the same page...
12.1621+30+12.1621+5.4729= 59.7971 fragments/minute, which is extremely close to the 1 fragment gain per second that I was observing in my testing.

link: http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/37 ... n/page-161

Also it should be noted that Flurry, Bloodlust and any other melee haste auras could also increase the PPM of Shadowmourne.

What I am trying to do is, instead of crying how SM should proc and how not, better come with counter proofs before saying "SM fix is not correct","SM does not proc as it should, they are getting too many fragments per second".

As for the staff, please be more diplomatic and don't listen to what anyone say without a proof, because some have worked to fix stuff on server and it is blown away by people which are too stressed because not winning the game as they should.

Requesting also assistance to clear any unsuitable comment posted here (express your opinion about what proofs other brought, bring your own if you have some and don't start useless discussions).
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Arockalypse
Donor

Re: Shadowmourne proc chance: open topic for discussion.

#2 » Post by Arockalypse » 17 May 2015 02:11

wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowmourne
scroll down to "Mechanics".

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=157707
PvP video uploaded in 2010, SM wielder Warrior, notice his procs.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Crymaker
Donor

#3 » Post by Crymaker » 17 May 2015 05:04

JIMI

Characters:
~ Jethrotull 80 LvL Troll Shaman PvE - Restoration
~ Gothicows 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Balance
~ Sykor 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Tank
~ Jimshields 80 LvL Troll Priest PvE - Discipline
~ Jimolocks 80LvL Undead Warlock PvE - Affliction
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

Justicelight
Donor

#4 » Post by Justicelight » 01 Jun 2015 12:28

More things about Shadowmourne, ackownledged on old forums aswell, fits pretty well much how it was working on our server.

Taken from: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/753 ... e-question! #8 comment

Also #7 comment is refering to the dps gain when canceling Bane, which means a 10 seconds 270 strength proc is outweighted by the damage of the Chaos Bane proc, which clearly proves that in order to do more damage than 270 (10s) bonus the chaos should proc several times during 10 seconds hence huge loads of shards per second generated.

This again proves the eligibility of the fix Nye made.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

exchanger1

#5 » Post by exchanger1 » 01 Jun 2015 13:59

Here is a source code from a simulator for death knights (Kahorie's) from 2 separate visual basic files:

Procs.vb
dim Shadowmourne as New WeaponProc(s)
With Shadowmourne
.ProcOn = Procs.ProcOnType.OnMHhit
.ProcChance = 1
.ProcValueStack = 30
.ProcValue = 2000
.ProcLenght = 60 ' Soul Fragment Duration
.ProcTypeStack = "str"
.DamageType = "Shadowmourne"
.HasteSensible = True
Try
If XmlCharacter.SelectSingleNode("//character/WeaponProc/MHShadowmourne").InnerText = 1 Then
._Name = "Shadowmourne"
.Equip
.InternalCD = 10 'Chaos Bane Duration
End If
Catch
End Try
Try
If XmlCharacter.SelectSingleNode("//character/WeaponProc/MHShadowmourneCancelCB").InnerText = 1 Then
._Name = "Shadowmourne (Cancel CB)"
.Equip
.InternalCD = 0.1 'Chaos Bane Duration
End If
Catch
Weapon Proc.vb
Overrides Sub ApplyMe(T As Long)
If DamageType = "" Then
BaseApplyMe(T)
Exit Sub
End If
CD = T + InternalCD * 100
dim tmp as Double
Select Case DamageType
Case "Shadowmourne"
If Fade <= T Then Stack = 0

If Stack < 9 Then
Stack +=1
CD = T
Fade = T + ProcLenght * 100
Else
Fade = CD
If Rng3 < (0.17 - sim.MainStat.SpellHit) Then
MissCount = MissCount + 1
Exit sub
End If
tmp= ProcValue * sim.MainStat.StandardMagicalDamageMultiplier(sim.TimeStamp)
totalhit += tmp
If sim.combatlog.LogDetails Then sim.combatlog.write(sim.TimeStamp & vbtab & Me.ToString & " proc")

HitCount += 1
AddUptime(T)
End If
Cataclym pre-patch went live at 12th of october 2010, so here is the link of wowwiki page just before that date:
http://web.archive.org/web/201010021841 ... adowmourne

Post taken from EJ about SM mechanics for DKs from http://web.archive.org/web/201009012031 ... wmourne/p8
From some quick training dummy tests:

-Refreshing diseases with GoD does not proc fragments.
-Icy Touch and the application of Frost Fever do not proc fragments.
-Both Plague Strike and the application of Blood Plague proc fragments, so 1 PS procs it twice.
-Spreading FF with pestilence does not proc fragments but spreading BP does, once for each target.
-Scourge Strike procs it twice, even if the target has no diseases and the shadow portion doesn't fire.

So in conclusion you do lose 1 proc with GoD (1 less BS and PS = 3 lost procs; 1 more SS = 2 gained procs). I still like using it in any of the fights that have me casting pestilence regularly though, that happens to be most of IC.
Crown aka Poslednji

Justicelight
Donor

#6 » Post by Justicelight » 01 Jun 2015 15:41

I recommend writing your conclusions about those simulator logs, like: "in this log, wep proc with this rate, has this cd" bla bla.

Better for everyone, if you have time.

Relina

#7 » Post by Relina » 08 Jun 2015 23:45

So all those people who were saying Nyeriah's fix to SM proc mechanic was unblizzlike, where is your proof & if they can't provide any proof, can we please get the fixed reapplied ??
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Kindzadza » 09 Jun 2015 11:54

Off-topic posts where you only complain what is fair and what's not were deleted. If you want to open yet another SM discussion create a different thread. This is for the proc mechanics only.

Justicelight
Donor

#9 » Post by Justicelight » 17 Jun 2015 10:16

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=160595

Tip: check top right list of buffs, and watch how paladin procs the weapon even after 2 seconds, retail vid.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Hansrutger » 29 Jun 2015 02:50

I don't heck know if this shit is relevant and I don't really know how this shit really works but I sat in front of the dummy and I started hitting it (heroic) without any changes on the weapon speed with LoLmourne. What I got was that I did 100 hits on a dummy and I in total got 12 souls. 8 + 4 (because at 8 souls it didn't proc for 1 minute (since souls is 1 minute buff) so it reset and I received 4 more souls before hitting 100).

66 hits : 8 souls
81 hits : 1 soul
100 hits : 4 souls
Total hits: 100
Total souls: 12
Weapon Speed: 3.59s (without buffs just PvP gear)

I therefore received 8.34 hits for 1 soul, which is about 29,9406 seconds for 1 soul buff.
The PPH formula is simple: PPH = weapon speed / (60 / PPM) where PPM is the amount of procs per minute.

PPH is almost 12% (a bit below).

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/1619 They mention that it should be 20% chance but it seems to be 12% when I tested it. The fact that I even lost the buff at one point shows that it might be lower than it should be.

Now idk if any of this is useful or not but here we go with the emotional again: I feel like I'm proccing less than video's shows and now that I tried on the dummy it didn't feel right so maybe you guys changed it a bit too much or idk. Hope it helped somewhat.
Last edited by Hansrutger on 29 Jun 2015 02:57, edited 2 times in total.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Jun 2015 02:55

Proc chance is the same currently as it was before any change was applied. And that's 20% for each hit

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Hansrutger » 29 Jun 2015 02:58

Nyeriah wrote:Proc chance is the same currently as it was before any change was applied. And that's 20% for each hit
In that case, how can it be so different? 0.o I mean from 12% to 20%? :o

Additionally, how it was showed in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXJkrIygXXs my retri paladin does not gain the same amount of souls in that pace. But since I don't have valid proof "heh ;D" -.-'
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

exchanger1

#13 » Post by exchanger1 » 29 Jun 2015 03:03

Nyeriah wrote:Proc chance is the same currently as it was before any change was applied. And that's 20% for each hit
So 55% less than it was on retail?
Crown aka Poslednji

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Jun 2015 03:08

[hide]ID - 71903 Item - Shadowmourne Legendary
=================================================
Description: Your melee attacks have a chance to drain a Soul Fragment granting you $71905s1 Strength. When you have acquired $71905u Soul Fragments you will unleash Chaos Bane, dealing $71904s1 Shadow damage split between all enemies within $71904a1 yards and granting you $73422s1 Strength for $73422d.
Category = 0, SpellIconID = 1, activeIconID = 0, SpellVisual = (0,0)
Family SPELLFAMILY_GENERIC, flag 0x00000000 00000000 00000000

SpellSchoolMask = 1 (SPELL_SCHOOL_MASK_NORMAL)
DamageClass = 0 (SPELL_DAMAGE_CLASS_NONE)
PreventionType = 0 (SPELL_PREVENTION_TYPE_NONE)
Attributes: 0x000000C0 (SPELL_ATTR0_PASSIVE, SPELL_ATTR0_HIDDEN_CLIENTSIDE)
AttributesEx3: 0x04000000 (SPELL_ATTR3_CAN_PROC_WITH_TRIGGERED)
Spell Level = 0, base 0, max 0, maxTarget 0

Category = 0
DispelType = 0 (DISPEL_NONE)
Mechanic = 0 (MECHANIC_NONE)
SpellRange: (Id 1) "Self Only":
MinRange = 0, MinRangeFriendly = 0
MaxRange = 0, MaxRangeFriendly = 0

CastingTime (Id 1) = 0,00

Interrupt Flags: 0x00000000, AuraIF 0x00000000, ChannelIF 0x00000000
Proc flag 0x00000014, chance = 100, charges - 0
02 Successful melee attack
04 Successful attack by Spell that use melee weapon
Effect 0: Id 6 (SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_AURA)
BasePoints = 20
Targets (1, 0) (TARGET_UNIT_CASTER, NO_TARGET)
Aura Id 4 (SPELL_AURA_DUMMY), value = 20, misc = 0 (0), miscB = 0, periodic = 0
SpellClassMask = 00800000 00000000 00000000

Effect 1: NO EFFECT

Effect 2: NO EFFECT[/hide]

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/1619

The spell has a 20% proc chance

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Hansrutger » 29 Jun 2015 03:23

Let's say that I make an experiment that is a lot more than 100 hits on a dummy and let's say it isn't any percentage points close to 20%. Will that testing just go to waste or will the staff/developers/whoever is in charge of these sort of things actually consider and check it out? Or will it be like "meh nah in the code it is put to 20%!"? Just curious sorry just trying to see if it's worth this or not ;/
Retired