Shortest time to 80

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Vaen

Shortest time to 80

#1 » Post by Vaen » 20 Apr 2015 15:23

Since a long time I've been a fan of speedrunning games, even if casually. I love to watch other people's speedruns and the tricks and routes that they use and modify over time to improve their results. I also like to partake in speedrunning myself when playing games. This is why I've been doing casual speedruns of 1 to 80 with all my recent characters (which aren't all that recent, or actually a lot).

The purpose of this thread is that you post your best /played times to 80 and a brief story of how you did it, the class and route used, etc. Obviously DKs go on a separate category. The rules I can think off the top of my head are the following:
-No RAF
-No help from higher leveled characters (unless for non-dungeon, non-raid quests that are exceptionally hard or impossible to solo)
-You may do dungeons, but only through RDF or with a group of characters (not necessarily 5) who would be allowed to queue for the dungeon using RDF.
-You may do raids but similar rules to dungeons apply (that means you cannot get carried through AQ20 or something by a level 80).
-You may use heirlooms from level 1.
-You may update your gear every time you so desire.
-You may mail your character quest items only if they require a primary profession to be crafted and are a quest objective(deadly blunderbuss, mithril casing, etc). You may also mail it BoE gear and glyphs, but not consumables such as flasks. Bags are fine as well, as are of course heirlooms and gold.
- (this one is obvious but needs to be said) You may log out and resume your leveling at a later time.

My latest and best time is a paladin whose final time you can see below:
I don't remember much about the Azeroth run, but it was far from being optimal. In Outland things started to speed up and as I went Hellfire Peninsula -> Zangarmarsh -> Nagrand after which I headed to Northrend. In there my path was Borean Tundra -> Dragonblight ->Grizzly Hills -> Zul'Drak -> Sholazar Basin. When I finished Sholazar I was at 92% experience and finally flew to K3 to do a few quests.

As I said, I believe this run was far from optimal but I was pretty happy with my time. I'm pretty sure sub 3 and much lower times are possible. Any personal bests and questions are welcome.
Last edited by Vaen on 20 Apr 2015 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Karter
Donor

Re: Shortest time to 80

#2 » Post by Karter » 20 Apr 2015 15:32

...9 days
Now I feel ashamed
Samsung
Karter @Truewow - Private
Rotmaw @Karazhan - Retail
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

belendor

#3 » Post by belendor » 20 Apr 2015 15:57

exclude the looms, make it a real challenge :3
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Lotros

#4 » Post by Lotros » 31 May 2015 09:44

Damn, that's pretty quick xD I've never tried speedrunning before, but I might when I feel I want an alt. Farm those BoA's first :/

benzviliran

#5 » Post by benzviliran » 31 May 2015 21:05

1 and half day with the help of ragnorak to power lvl me xd
I am the swarm

Ladon

#6 » Post by Ladon » 31 May 2015 21:37

How do u check how much time u played?

user101

#7 » Post by user101 » 31 May 2015 21:52