Ventrilo Server available

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
barelyalive

Ventrilo Server available

#1 » Post by barelyalive » 20 Nov 2010 12:40

Hi All,

Because I was bored and some-what upset over cooperation, the below is now available for the WHOLE server to use (dont care what side your on)

and for those who dont know what ventrllo is, Ventrilo is a proprietary VoIP program which allows users to talk to each other, similar to a telephone conference call, but the conference call is made via VoIP. A microphone and speakers, or a headset, must be connected to each person's computer to use the program (copied from some website). This program is mainly used for the gaming community such as WoW for organization mulit-user events (raids, pvp etc) and general random bantering / chatting

you can download the client here, and use the settings below
http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

HOSTNAME / IP = V56.DARKSTARLLC.COM
OR
HOSTNAME / IP = 202.60.88.172

PORT = 3879

There is no password enabled on the server, so ignore that field

or you can just follow this link to assist you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAeqfH4ZNSs

Max clients 50.

My name is reserved naturally.. so use it, dont flame it, and dont spread it (to other servers that is)

** If you are experiencing issues trying to connect, try to find me in-game (under Barelyalive / Getstuffed / Whyisitso (all are alliance)) and I will try to help you as best as possible

enjoy
Last edited by Guest on 21 Dec 2010 03:19, edited 5 times in total.

Universe

Re: Ventrilo Server available

#2 » Post by Universe » 20 Nov 2010 14:36

good job.. ;)

Si

#3 » Post by Si » 23 Nov 2010 06:20

Can we make our own channels on this or is it just one big room?

barelyalive

#4 » Post by barelyalive » 24 Nov 2010 18:02

if you want a specific channel added to it, just tell me and i can add it for you. as of the moment, i am the only admin for it till i find others to manage it on my behalf

i would surmise that one channel could be created for horde and one for alliance (assuming that is what you are asking for)

Si

#5 » Post by Si » 24 Nov 2010 23:57

That would be a good idea. But also maybe a couple of dungeon or group rooms that can be used when doing a group quest.

Not sure what the limits are on rooms.

Stryke

#6 » Post by Stryke » 25 Nov 2010 18:46

I can help you manage it if you want. Though there isn't much to manage since I rarely see anyone on it

barelyalive

#7 » Post by barelyalive » 26 Nov 2010 07:45

for now, there wont be anyone on it as socialization for vent needs to happen. that may take some time & of course some time to get used to

eventually id think it will pick up

as for assistance in managing the server, thanks for offer, but i will review requirements when traffic does pick up

barelyalive

#8 » Post by barelyalive » 26 Nov 2010 07:46

Si wrote:That would be a good idea. But also maybe a couple of dungeon or group rooms that can be used when doing a group quest.

Not sure what the limits are on rooms.
can use the 5 man channels for the quest stuff anyways. there is no population limit at all to any room just server capacity itself

Stryke

#9 » Post by Stryke » 27 Nov 2010 01:36

Was wondering if it was possible for me to have a passworded guild channel.

barelyalive

#10 » Post by barelyalive » 27 Nov 2010 04:35

but of course ..

if possible create a toon on alliance side (if you dont have one already) and whisper me in game so i can set that part up for you

Universe

#11 » Post by Universe » 27 Nov 2010 17:39

Universe joins the Vent :)

Stryke

#12 » Post by Stryke » 27 Nov 2010 18:43

barelyalive wrote:but of course ..

if possible create a toon on alliance side (if you dont have one already) and whisper me in game so i can set that part up for you
Can you PM me a list of your toons? I've been on the alliance looking for you and certain people have refused to tell me which chars are you.
Also I'm not the kind ofperson to ask in world chat. :P

barelyalive

#13 » Post by barelyalive » 27 Nov 2010 21:58

toon =
BarelyAlive (druid) <--- will be on this one mostly
GetStuffed (loc)

ask anyone from Eternity guild .. they can locate me or tell you if i am around or not

fenix13lade

#14 » Post by fenix13lade » 30 Nov 2010 02:35

seems like i cannot join for some most likely idiotic reason.....i was joining fine the last couple of days and today it just doesnt want to join....i have all the info right and i even reinstalled the program and still nothing. Bare mind helping me?

barelyalive

#15 » Post by barelyalive » 30 Nov 2010 02:41

just wanted to make sure that the server is operational and it is (i just logged into it)

I will try to assist you when in log into wow and we can go from there