The price of maintaining this website.

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Crysicle
Honorary Member

The price of maintaining this website.

#1 » Post by Crysicle » 12 Feb 2015 17:48

A friend of mine is wondering what is the monthly fee for hosting a website on another server as well as the price of buying a domain? I googled this already and am just wondering what is the price for Truewow to maintain the webpage and what was it to buy it?
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

Roel
Founder

Re: The price of maintaining this website.

#2 » Post by Roel » 12 Feb 2015 18:17

This purely depends on the kind of host, how much resources you need. Our website is hosted on the same machine as the game server which is quite a beefy machine.

But if your friend wants to start a website without many visitors, he can do some cheap shared hosted for only a few euro a month. A domain typical costs around 10 euro a year.