Time to get some players to come to TW

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Nazz
Donor

Time to get some players to come to TW

#1 » Post by Nazz » 27 Jan 2015 13:56

http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=279910

Perfect chance to boost our sad TW population, don't you agree?

keez
Donor

Re: Time to get some players to come to TW

#2 » Post by keez » 27 Jan 2015 14:00

Yea, but what exactly do you think we should do?

Polkic
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Polkic » 27 Jan 2015 14:02

For starters we are removing molten from allowed transfer list.

.seba1322

#4 » Post by .seba1322 » 27 Jan 2015 14:26

This is so sad I was planning to transfer here from the Lordaeron x1 and this happens just before I can.

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#5 » Post by SyntaxError » 27 Jan 2015 14:32

Nazz wrote:http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=279910

Perfect chance to boost our sad TW population, don't you agree?
Totally, go and hack them, get all their players email addresses and send spam to them :evil: . Like gamer-district did to omega! Oh wait, we try to play fair, so scratch that.

Really, it's all nice (not really) and well to have the intention of profiting from someone else's loss, but what can actually be done? :P

If you think about it - the vast majority of molten players don't want blizzlike, they want free shit, a planet's worth of n00bs, bugged-to-hell content where everything is /faceroll and that the gms don't care about anything but getting payed... hold on, that sounds like a third world country.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!

Doctor_J
Developer

#6 » Post by Doctor_J » 27 Jan 2015 14:38

I bet you a considerabe amount of players who had been playing in molten for years will just quit wow rather than start from scratch xd

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 27 Jan 2015 14:58

General opinion about MC players is that all of them are idiots that does not know to play their classes. Well l doubt its all of them, still doesnt matter. After all, probably large amount of potential people are able to learn, that is to became better. That way we will do have benefit if we somehow point them to come to us. Rest of those who are less useful are bad side effect.

l know we will soon get Suggestions to make donations for item, to make x10 realm and some other stuff. But that will end up as before, No and lock.

After all merges and transfers (that were after left us due to big mouth cursing them), we do still can use more players online. Multiple reasons from low level bgs/rdfs up to easier PuG raid making.

l am for it to welcome them. To show them somehow that we exist and we can accept them to play here. Just how?

Chasity
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Chasity » 27 Jan 2015 15:11

I think even if people decide to start from scratch - those who lost thrust in the server will be what 10-50 not more. If you read the whole post which they made about it they wrote: What can we do to mitigate the damage?
Everything we can, such as refunding 100% of coins ever donated back to community accounts, instant levelups, starting gear, boosts etc. We are working to come up with a refund and boost system help us to mitigate the damage, and later today, open forums for feedback, backlash and answers to any discussions.
I have no idea what makes you to think that people who paid for those levels will go to x1 server without options like this when they can have it back. At least this is how I see it.
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

Myaoming
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Myaoming » 27 Jan 2015 15:14

Such Molten Core obsession, Fastor! I don't know why I'm picking on you today. I might as well want you to post your pic on Real Life Pictures topic /gay
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Fastor

#10 » Post by Fastor » 27 Jan 2015 16:16

@Chasity What if some of them dont wish to return there at all? All l am saying, idea is in place, this time is chance for us to increase population.

@Myo, about first part: because you sudden hate me, about second part: da fack?

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Jan 2015 16:19

The doors are open for whoever wishes to come, but I don't see a mass move of players to here or anything in that way, specially since they're giving free instant level ups and starting gear (which is both of the things their players care the most).

We got our good sides and these are the ones that should be pushed forward if we want to attract players, followed by some good advertising and promotional acts.

strikerz6
Donor

#12 » Post by strikerz6 » 27 Jan 2015 16:31

Insta-80? Cheaters gonna cheat! *howls*
Your friend/enemy, Twinfox/Isutan

marko1984

#13 » Post by marko1984 » 27 Jan 2015 18:20

How about we give them all naked lvl 80 gnomes named Moltenib1, Moltenib2, Moltenib3 etc... as a gift of welcome? :D

EDIT: OHHH OHHH and 50 vote points and they will have vote like crazy to change those names since they dont have enough points :P
By this time tomorrow TW will be first on all vote sites ;)
I'm a genious :O
Three mages!

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 27 Jan 2015 18:47

Offtopic

Marko why are you obsessed with word "nib"? You calling everyone like that and I found it disturbing since its insulting derivat of words New Guy.

SomethingWitty

#15 » Post by SomethingWitty » 27 Jan 2015 20:10

Addressing the question of how to do this.

Step 1: Go to molten Facebook page or whatever social network they use.

Step 2: Paste this comment:

"I have been play on the molten wotlk realm for the last 4 years and this incident has been a huge letdown by the molten staff. I lost all my precious time that i invested into this game. However, something positive did come out of this incident. Me and my guild have found a new server to play on 'insert Truewow', server pop isn't great compared to molten but just about everything else e.g. scripting, GM's, community is noticeably much better. I would recommend this server to all who are thinking of starting afresh and gl to the people restarting again on molten."

Playing devil's advocate ftw. Or write whatever you think will work.

Step 3: Wait for profit??
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015