Why do people hate hunters?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
naisrod

Why do people hate hunters?

#1 » Post by naisrod » 23 Jan 2015 03:53

So, just dinging 70 and getting myself some new gear from the starting quests in Borean Tundra, I decide to queue for RDF. The Nexus. Great. Ran it 1000 times. But this time was different, after mind numbingly (that a word?) killing the trash, I woke myself up to show off this class' DPS. Being the lowest level DPS (others where +75), i out did all but a DK but +400DPS. For the rest of the run, all they did was talk trash about our class? Like what? We do strict DPS..... We are good at it... Why hate? I cant fly around as a bird and heal my teammates... every class has its ups and downs. I just don't get why people are hating on Hunters? I don't hate on Druids and Mages for their AoE...

Kniteknite

Re: Why do people hate hunters?

#2 » Post by Kniteknite » 23 Jan 2015 05:03

[youtube]L_Qsq9J3g8g[/youtube] ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Dr. Who

#3 » Post by Dr. Who » 23 Jan 2015 11:37

the hate for hunter is ancient.
since the beginning of times the hunter is target of jealousy by the other classes.
its DPS is not the best dps but is above average, he can place the so hated traps (hehehe), the pet that keeps damaging and keeps people from casting while we shoot or run from them (hahaha), we are the best class to Solo most of the dungeons and Raids (low lv ones ofc), etc... etc...
hunter is a bad ass class that's why we make so many jealously. just live with it and take proud of you for be so hated. xD

PS: AOE of hunter is prety good to, if you know how to use it, bether than the hunter AOE only the druid AOE.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Rascall

#4 » Post by Rascall » 23 Jan 2015 12:36

I wouldnt say hunter´s dps is above average only...in tbc times BM hunter was one of the top dps classes, in wotlk MM can top recount easily (I personally never had problems being in top5 as MM in wotlk...SV is slightly behind...and as a BM ive managed to do decent dps but it wasnt that epic as MM but its fault of blizzard for not optimizing the 3 specs)...in cataclysm SV is top dps again...and as was mentioned above BM hunter is ideal candidate for soloing old content...Regarding the hunter hate...I never experienced it myself...only think people dont like about hunters is accidently pulling bosses by their pets...Otherwise they are pretty wanted in every raid (BM bring +3% dmg buff...same as arcane mage or retri pala/SV bring replenishment for mana if lets say paladin isnt around/and MM bring +10% AP buff same as enha shaman or blood dk)...
Rascall Retribution/Holy
Rascallus Blood (tank)/Unholy (DPS)
Rascalluz Affliction/Demonology
Rascalles Feral (bear)/Balance
Rascallez Assassination
Rascallis Arms (DPS)/Arms (tank)
Razcall Marksmanship/Survival
Razcallus Fury/Protection
Razcalluz Feral (cat)/Restoration
Razcalles Combat/Subtlety
Razcaellez Beast Mastery
Razcaell Discipline/Holy
Razcaelllus Enhancement/Restoration
Razcaelluz Blood (DPS)/Frost (tank)
Razcaelles Elemental/Spellhance
Razcaellez Arcane/Frostfire
Rascaell Protection
Rascaellus Frost (DPS)/Unholy (tank)
Rascaelluz Fire/Frost
Rascaelles Shadow
Rascaellez Destruction

...and more...

Vyrath
Donor

#5 » Post by Vyrath » 23 Jan 2015 14:13

Not jealous of their dps, but when I see a hunter in the group in rdf (lower levels) 9 times out of ten it's some dumb fuck without MD shooting before I get aggro as the tank. I like to sit and watch the hunter get fucked up by the mobs (s)he pulls with his/her stupidity, it gives me perverse pleasure knowing they died as a direct result of them being bad at their class. Then I usually have to save the healer, because they were on their job healing the idiot hunter. Moral of the story? Don't fucking be a hunTARD, other then that? Haters gonna hate, brush that shit off.
Fuglyface lvl 80 Troll Shaman
Scourgelord lvl 80 Orc Death Knight
Misery lvl 80 Blood Elf Warlock
Hunk lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin
Furburger lvl 80 Tauren Druid
Dataxe lvl 80 Orc Warrior
Deadfugs lvl 80 Forsaken Rogue
Fugsy lvl 80 Troll Hunter
Fugs lvl 80 Troll Priest
Fugtastic lvl 80 Troll Mage
Furryfugs lvl 16 Tauren Druid

Doctor_J
Developer

#6 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Jan 2015 14:19

and how many ninja pulls are hunters responsible for in raids due to something to with auto attack oh ye and the trinket abuse which apparently 90% of hunters on tw do (fd to change trinkets while in combat to gain more than one trinket buff)

benzviliran

#7 » Post by benzviliran » 23 Jan 2015 14:29

Je Suis Hunter!

xd
I am the swarm

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 23 Jan 2015 14:40

Doctor_J wrote:and how many ninja pulls are hunters responsible for in raids due to something to with auto attack oh ye and the trinket abuse which apparently 90% of hunters on tw do (fd to change trinkets while in combat to gain more than one trinket buff)
I don't play a hunter, but I assume you have screenshots to back up these facts? or some sort of proof and not just numbers pulled from ass

also edit: trinkets buffs are lost when removing trinkets, just try it
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Doctor_J
Developer

#9 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Jan 2015 15:20

No I dont hence why nothing has happened but the have heard the matter bought up several times by players, also believe there have been reports of such to forum but its somethin thats not easy to catch and ive even heard of alliance hunters been kicked from raids for refusing to abuse it.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 23 Jan 2015 15:47

I'm just... speechless.
Like I said trinket buffs get removed when you remove the trinket. Please stop listening to ally haters cause FUCK ALLY!!! HORDE TRU FACTION LOLOLOLYOLOSWAGKEK. I can come with lots of false bullshit and fill the forums and say I heard from X and Y. It doesn't mean it's true or that it should be made public especially if you have NO EVIDENCE.
Sorry but this is complete bullshit. And it's very easy to catch such abusers if you really want to. Just be invisible, spend time in their raid. Watch the hunter's gear and buffs, get an addon to track certain buffs, configure it. And if you see he procs more shit than what he should have equiped, then ban him.
Yes it's time consuming, and yes it's that easy.
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Doctor_J
Developer

#11 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Jan 2015 15:54

unfortunately you are wrong as believe yesitsme or whoever fixed this for druid idols, etc but was never fixed and spells which procs from trinkets are not removed on remiving trinket, auras given by trinkets are removed but if trinket has already procced and spell from proc is active that is not removed and actually come to think of it the bit about hunters been kicked for refusing to abuse it comes from a pretty reliable source.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 23 Jan 2015 16:00

ask your reliable source to prove it via SS and report the raid leader, and punish them
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

benzviliran

#13 » Post by benzviliran » 23 Jan 2015 16:19

You are confused Blacklustersoldier, you cannot have any complains about Doctor_J.

He's not just a wow maniac he is also a scripting maniac and he have done more fixes than you know.

About hunters i can confirm i've seen some of them changing trinkets to benefit from their buffs, i havent seen raid leaders asks them to do that but i saw a few hunters do it in icc25hc and normal and even few times in warsong.

they had wfs buff dbw buff and also another +1000 ap buff from another trinket which i forgot its name all had been activated at the same time almost and were up.

I dont have proves cause i didnt know back than that it was an abuse or knew what exactly they are doing so i didnt bother on ssing that but yeah i saw a few hunters doing that
I am the swarm

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#14 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 23 Jan 2015 16:29

well, we got lots of gms on the team, provide some names for them and they could keep an eye out for those players, and if it's an abuse they could get caught and maybe have the trinkets removed from them or something
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

yubashiri

#15 » Post by yubashiri » 23 Jan 2015 17:05

Doctor_J wrote:and how many ninja pulls are hunters responsible for in raids due to something to with auto attack oh ye and the trinket abuse which apparently 90% of hunters on tw do (fd to change trinkets while in combat to gain more than one trinket buff)
that's possible??!! I have been living a lie all this time [emoji17]
Didn't knew about that and I main a hunter... maybe not after knowing this [emoji1]
You Are Not Prepared