just few fun events :)

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Longi

just few fun events :)

#1 » Post by Longi » 28 Dec 2014 02:32

Hello Truewow !

Few days ago I saw one topic about Hide & catch event which I do not like, but doesn´t matter :D ... here is few fun events you can do in your guilds as social activity. Hope so you will enjoy them and who knows maybe you will try it :)

1. Run Gnome Run ... !
You all know Forest Gumb. He did one long run around Usa. In this event players do something similarly. Players will create lvl 1 gnome. Start is at gate to Ironforge. Finish is at gate to Boody Bay. The player who gets there first will win. No mount, NO portal, NO Boat, NO speed potions. Only you and your legs. Be careful, you will meet many enemies on your trip !

2. Dodgeball
6 players will make 3 teams - for example Blue , Red and Green. Team color will be created with colored T-shirt. Every team will get 10 Heavy leather Balls at start. 5 balls per player. Your task is to throw as many balls in a certain time to the enemy team. One round will take 5 minutes. The team with less balls at end will win.

3. Toc 10Nm/Hc - 5 man speed run
This event is simple and classic guild event, Two or more teams re doing Toc10 as 5 man. The team who will kill Last boss as first is winner. Why Toc10 ? Because Toc10 hc as 5 man is challenge and there is no place for mistake if you want to do it as quick as possible

4. Lvl 60 - Sholomance Speed run
Players have LVL 60. The team who will kill Last boss as first is winner. Why Sholomance ? Because you have to do few task before you can summon last boss. So its not only direct run to Last boss.

5. 1vs1 - Tournament
This is the hardest one to organize, but its nice for Guild pvp event. Its classic arena tournament, but you do not need arena partner. There will be few rounds. Players do duels, dude who won duel will access next round. After few rounds last two players will fight for absolute winner. There is usually special Guild rank for the winner - like " Gladior of guild name "

6. Screenshot trip
This is event for long run and can be done if guild has forum. At start there will be one screenshot from the game. Your task will be guess where it was taken. Player who did answer good as first will add new screenshot. Players can guess again .... and so on and so on.... This event has not real end. It will show you some great places of game, which you maybe don't know ... :)

thanks for reading and feel free to add more events :)

Frostbolt

Re: just few fun events :)

#2 » Post by Frostbolt » 28 Dec 2014 09:31

longi wrote:
1. Run Gnome Run ... !
You all know Forest Gumb. He did one long run around Usa. In this event players do something similarly. Players will create lvl 1 gnome. Start is at gate to Ironforge. Finish is at gate to Boody Bay. The player who gets there first will win. No mount, NO portal, NO Boat, NO speed potions. Only you and your legs. Be careful, you will meet many enemies on your trip !
We did it once in guild a few years ago, it was from human start, to lakeshire, to Booty Bay. The best part of it was using graveyards to your advantage
Avala - Level 80 Rogue
Paticrko - Level 80 Death Knight
Caladiirn - Level 80 Paladin

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 28 Dec 2014 10:02

All require significant resources but all nice suggestions.

One that always happened in private were the 1v1 tournaments. I remember we've even had some gnome events in the past, like level 1 raids to orgrimmar as an example, all good fun :) In a perfect world it would be awesome for them to be run as a scripted event with the server. Though technically 'not blizzlike' in a sense, it's great to see :)
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

keez
Donor

#4 » Post by keez » 28 Dec 2014 12:58

On GC we had 1v1 tournaments a lot and rewards were vote points so that gave a reason for everyone to be active :P

Koriach

#5 » Post by Koriach » 28 Dec 2014 13:17

keez wrote:On GC we had 1v1 tournaments a lot and rewards were vote points so that gave a reason for everyone to be active :P
I remember doing 2v2 arena events and 3v3 ones but I think that was on RC before we moved to GC. It was pretty fun and teams were made to fight each other based on gear and so on not just random teams with full WF camping new players w/o any gear.

keez
Donor

#6 » Post by keez » 28 Dec 2014 16:00

Koriach wrote: I remember doing 2v2 arena events and 3v3 ones but I think that was on RC before we moved to GC. It was pretty fun and teams were made to fight each other based on gear and so on not just random teams with full WF camping new players w/o any gear.
Yea, those were run by nye and nimor before RC died if I remember good, was fun times I remember playing vs your priest lol :D
Those events were weekend events and we would get arena points as rewards.
I miss my RC friends Nimor Gaul Marcio /cry

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Dec 2014 17:25

These events marked the darkest time of my GM life :(

7 hour long events, rushing everything, coordinating 3 people at all times, watching matches, drawing boards, inspecting teams, replying to whines...

keez
Donor

#8 » Post by keez » 28 Dec 2014 18:58

kori number 1 whiner :D

Koriach

#9 » Post by Koriach » 28 Dec 2014 20:44

keez wrote:kori number 1 whiner :D
Don't turn this into an off-topic flame war. You know that is not true.

And Nye there will always be someone complaining about no matter what people do...

keez
Donor

#10 » Post by keez » 28 Dec 2014 22:57

Koriach wrote:
Don't turn this into an off-topic flame war. You know that is not true.

And Nye there will always be someone complaining about no matter what people do...
was just messing with you :P