RHC limit per day

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Aasamath

RHC limit per day

#1 » Post by Aasamath » 19 Aug 2014 15:06

I was thinking for a while that there may be a limit to the number of random heroic dugeons you can do per day.

I'm pretty sure i've encountered this limit once or twice on Truewow, and on an other 3.3.5 server. I may also have on retail wotlk.
I know this limit doesn't exist on retail anymore, and hasn't exist for a while, but i think there is one here.

This would explain the queueing problem, since some people would only have a small number of rhc left to do at the end of the day, and so it'd be harder for them to find someone who isn't locked to those one.
exemple: a heal locked for half the dungeons, and a dps locked for the other half would create two different queues.

Only source i could find is that; it talks about the max number of "emblem of triumph" you can farm per day.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Emblem_of_Triumph

bloodlover

Re: RHC limit per day

#2 » Post by bloodlover » 19 Aug 2014 16:25

Limited heroics? Because it isn't hard enough to find a tank already right?

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 19 Aug 2014 16:30

No.

Aasamath

#4 » Post by Aasamath » 19 Aug 2014 16:45

bloodlover wrote:Limited heroics? Because it isn't hard enough to find a tank already right?
I'm not sure if it's irony or if you just read the title of the post and thought it was a suggesiton

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 19 Aug 2014 17:27

random heroics done via random dungeon finder, should never give ID, they never did on retail, but they do here
so unless that gets fixed you will keep seeing these problems with queue

keep in mind that heroic dungeons done via specific queue will give ID
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Bluebell
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Bluebell » 19 Aug 2014 17:33

Blacklustersoldier wrote:random heroics done via random dungeon finder, should never give ID, they never did on retail, but they do here
so unless that gets fixed you will keep seeing these problems with queue

keep in mind that heroic dungeons done via specific queue will give ID

Doesn't the link provided go against that?
two from completing your second (and later) random heroic Lich King dungeon instances (the first awards Emblems of Frost) (max of 30 emblems)
Implies to me, you can only do the 16 dungeons once each, even if via RDF.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Aasamath

#7 » Post by Aasamath » 19 Aug 2014 17:37

Random finder GIVES an ID, if you do Gundrak on rhc you can't do it again on specific.
RHC also bypasses ID (on retail). But i'm not sure it was always like that, and this quote from WikiWoW about emblem of triumph says the same.

"Maximum per day: 100"

Bluebell
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Bluebell » 19 Aug 2014 17:39

WoW wiki says you can only do RHC 16 times a day, as is here.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Aasamath

#9 » Post by Aasamath » 19 Aug 2014 17:41

Yeah, i'm not saying True WoW is bugged, but the "bugged queue"' problem may not be one.
It's just that it gets harder to find group the more people have done dungeon during the day.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 19 Aug 2014 22:45

you can do RHCS, yes.... 16 yes... but it can be the same dungeon done 16 times in a row, and I believe you can keep doing, even though you won;t get any eots from rewards... I opened a bug report on bug tracker... will see how it goes.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Aug 2014 22:52

http://www.truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=746

I'm aware that RHC's should ignore ID's as I heard it from someone back on my first server (and retail was at wotlk back then). But the fact that they ignore ID's might have been a backfire from cross-realm dungeon finders, since it'd be much more troublesome to Blizzard to keep track of that, so they just plain made it ignore ID's while specifically going to the dungeon itself on your realm saves you. This is much the only explanation that makes sense to me, but I don't really get the part from that wowwiki link saying that it won't work vice-versa... as I said in the bugtracker report.

Aasamath

#12 » Post by Aasamath » 20 Aug 2014 04:03

I did a bit more looking around and found that quote:

"The random dungeon finder selects a random dungeon for you, unless another member of your party specifically queue'd for a certain dungeon. In that case, it is random for you, but not for them (you get the goodies [gold/xtra badges] at the end, they don't).

Once you complete a random dungeon, it is locked out for you (check /raidinfo or the specific queue, there will be a lock icon on that dungeon). Once you are locked for a dungeon, you are less likely to have it selected again (i.e. if all 5 members queue'd for a random dungeon, it should select one that none of you are locked to). However, if you are at the front of the queue, and are paired with another person who had queue'd for a specific dungeon, AND you are locked to that dungeon, you will put in it again.

It is highly unlikely that given that all 5 members queue'd for a random dungeon, and there are dungeons all five of you are not saved to, that the random dungeon finder will select one that at least one of you is already locked to.

You cannot specifically run a dungeon again you completed a random in. However, it is possible to run the same dungeon more than once if all you are doing is running heroics all day long."
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,23810459

This other page talks about kinda the same thing but with less precision http://www.wowgoldmvp.com/wow-instance- ... guide.html

Edit: But then if rdf has no limit, i don't understand why wikiwow talks about 100 emblems of triumph avaible per day.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Hansrutger » 20 Aug 2014 04:36

I'm happy with how it is. If I accidentally get CoS on RHC, I want an ID on it because I don't feel like doing it twice...
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Aug 2014 04:36

Well, I might try to get it fixed as I think it may increase our rdf basis... even if slightly, but no promises of any sorts.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Hansrutger » 20 Aug 2014 04:40

While you're at it, can you please disable CoS? xD That is just how much I hate that dungeon. I even like The Oculus more than CoS...
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster