RHC limit per day

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: RHC limit per day

#16 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 20 Aug 2014 05:14

Nyeriah wrote:Well, I might try to get it fixed as I think it may increase our rdf basis... even if slightly, but no promises of any sorts.
it will increase it a lot
imagine this

tank locked in 6 dungeons
healer locked in all other dungeons
both of em queue, but can't get toghether in a dungeon because none of them can meet a common non locked dungeon
reason why you see tanks in queue, and healers and dps, but rhc not popping up, because people are locked for too many of them, which makes it harder to find common ground

I believe that if this fix is going to happen, the rdf queue will explode in a good way, with rhcs poping more often
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

perka

#17 » Post by perka » 20 Aug 2014 14:54

Im curious if anyone here can provide information on something i was thinking.

Obviously RDF ignores any id you might have from a dungeon to make the system really useful by reducing the group matchmaking part significantly because of that change.

As pointed out, there is a limit on how many instances you can do per day - same instance once per day and 16 instances per day via the RDF. However, does this mean those 2 are separate, like being able to do all instances once per day then queue rdf to do 16 more, thus resulting in double the rewards ?
Or it is possibly working as i believe:
- If you queue RDF you can do 16 instances per day, even the same one more than once.
- If you premade group and go into an instance normal way, clear it, get id and then queue for a new one via the RDF, you will get 1 less available instance in the RDF for the day. So pretty much system acknowledges you already have id on an instance when joining the queue and thus resulting in you being able to do 15 instead of 16 instances. This means that if you all instances without RDF you shouldn't have any room left to do more via the RDF.

I don't really know how it works, but im pretty sure there are some additional limitations somewhere to prevent extreme farming. There always are !

Aasamath

#18 » Post by Aasamath » 21 Aug 2014 06:38

"If you premade group and go into an instance normal way, clear it, get id and then queue for a new one via the RDF, you will get 1 less available instance in the RDF for the day. So pretty much system acknowledges you already have id on an instance when joining the queue and thus resulting in you being able to do 15 instead of 16 instances. This means that if you all instances without RDF you shouldn't have any room left to do more via the RDF."

That part is the acutal system of truewow.
You can do the dungeons only once per day, via specific or RDF.

The present system on retail (and maybe the retail 3.3.5) is different. Doing an heroic with RDF or specific gives you an ID, but the RDF ignores those ID's, it's just "less likely" to propose you a dugeon you have already done.
In practice, you can spam RDF all day, but if you've done and heroic once today (whatever the way), you can't queue for it specificely anymore.

The problem i have is that i don't know which of the 2 system was in place at 3.3.5, since some website talk about daily emblem limit, but on the other hand i can't find any change log about limitation for RDF

Relina

#19 » Post by Relina » 21 Aug 2014 07:26

The staff might want to look into this article.
17, 2009 by Xerin wrote: There is something you should know about random dungeons, specifically heroics. If you are saved to a heroic then the tool could still allow you to replay that heroic you’re locked to. It makes its best attempt not to place you into an instance that you’re not already locked out of, but there will be instances that you’ll rerun the same heroic in the same day
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Teal Deer

#20 » Post by Teal Deer » 21 Aug 2014 15:45

17 CoS's per day?
fuck yeah!

perka

#21 » Post by perka » 21 Aug 2014 16:14

I think we all agree that there are some bugs with RDF that needs to be fixed, ignoring ids being one of them.

However i still can't find any information if there is some correlation between regular instance limit and RDF one. I see there is a nice info of maximum badges earned per day (100), but how this translates into actual limitation ? Surely bosses don't suddenly stop dropping or quests not rewarding emblems.