Staying with WotLK

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Webzlinger

Staying with WotLK

#1 » Post by Webzlinger » 31 Oct 2013 17:21

Will TrueWow make the transition to Cataclysm or is it staying on WotLK? Will there be a vote?

Polkic
Former Staff

Re: Staying with WotLK

#2 » Post by Polkic » 31 Oct 2013 17:28

At this time TC Cata project is far from playable and there is not much we can do about it.

ribbaribbahey

#3 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 31 Oct 2013 17:33

If it ever happens i suggest to not delete the wotlk realm and to copy the desired chars into the cata realm, so we wouldn't lose our 80s and won't need to level the same char again

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Arockalypse
Donor

#4 » Post by Arockalypse » 31 Oct 2013 17:36

imo TW should open a TBC Realm, there are 0 good ones around
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Oct 2013 19:41

The idea of having our population split isn't good so two realms, of whichever expansion, open at the same time isn't much viable.

Arockalypse
Donor

#6 » Post by Arockalypse » 31 Oct 2013 19:57

Nyeriah wrote:The idea of having our population split isn't good so two realms, of whichever expansion, open at the same time isn't much viable.
But it can aswell bring alot of people no?

Jarmen

#7 » Post by Jarmen » 01 Nov 2013 01:47

Population will increase a lot imo if more LK content is open in pvp and pve, rather than advancing to other expansion or opening 2nd realm. I am sure pvp players will be very happy if all 5 arenas r working and all 6 bgs + wg r scripted right or pve players like me would enjoy to see all closed pve instances to be playable (like toc5, hor, and uldu bosses).

Arockalypse
Donor

#8 » Post by Arockalypse » 01 Nov 2013 02:59

i was talking about a TBC Realm...

Arraj

#9 » Post by Arraj » 01 Nov 2013 22:00

Arockalypse wrote:i was talking about a TBC Realm...
I have to say that I dont agree with you on this... population is just low for 2 realms. Further more when Scripcraft launches I doubt anyone will be able to beat them on tbc realms.
And I think if this server ever goes cata it will just loose population.
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Nyaneve

#10 » Post by Nyaneve » 02 Nov 2013 03:39

Arraj wrote:
I have to say that I dont agree with you on this... population is just low for 2 realms. Further more when Scripcraft launches I doubt anyone will be able to beat them on tbc realms.
And I think if this server ever goes cata it will just loose population.
Although 2 realm might potentially increase our population, it might not be viable. One reason is afaik there is no public access core for TBC (such as TrinityCore, MANGOS, etc.), so all the realms like Feenix and whatnot have their own custom cores, which for obvious reasons they will not be sharing.

The second reason is, as Arraj said, the ex-ScriptCraft team is releasing CoreCraft (although it has been delayed due to a few problems on their end) pretty soon. They claim to have already finished scripting the first tier of end-game content and are polishing up Outland questing. A LOT of players are looking forward to this server and as far as I can see no one can compete with them.

Jarmen

#11 » Post by Jarmen » 02 Nov 2013 11:40

And i was talking about Webzlinger's topic.
If we open 2nd realm with no matter what content this will probably attract some people and push away others. Even if server population increase, realm one will decrease imo.

Zipper

#12 » Post by Zipper » 06 Nov 2013 07:40

Jarmen wrote:Population will increase a lot imo if more LK content is open in pvp and pve, rather than advancing to other expansion or opening 2nd realm. I am sure pvp players will be very happy if all 5 arenas r working and all 6 bgs + wg r scripted right or pve players like me would enjoy to see all closed pve instances to be playable (like toc5, hor, and uldu bosses).
+1 with this guy. All instances ftw! Is great to see 10 players in the same place trying to rape a monster. Uhuhuhu.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#13 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 08 Nov 2013 03:27

RS well... idk if we will see that this year.
Gunship from icc and various other icc buggs... maybe they will be fixed in time, since ICC seems to have the biggest priority on scripting... although I doubt gunship will ever work here.
Well only toc5, and HOR are closed.
Ulduar is buggy and nobody is working on it at the moment because of various reasons.
EoE 25... I don't know why it's closed if it's closed.
Sunwell, well... I guess devs put more priority on raids that people actually do every week for gear, and not something for looks.
Black temple... akama event has been bugged since wow private servers have been invented, illidan fight not starting that's a new bug, and recent, and it has been on the server for about 3 months but still not fixed.
And many others from TBC or vanilla...
From the pve point of view majority of the end game content is working.

from the pvp point of view.... you are missing one arena, and 3 battlegrounds, which sucks I agree
but with WSG, AB, and EOTS having their requirements set to 3 players in queue on each side in order to start, you will NEVER see other bgs pop from random queue even if they were to be open, unless they made the BG queue actually blizzlike, meaning 5 people for WSG? 10 for EOTS? 10 for AB? and so on for the rest of them...

I am not a pvp-er so the numbers I listed here MAY be wrong. But I know for a fact that the queue was lowered in order to start bgs.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Liebe

#14 » Post by Liebe » 16 Nov 2013 20:15

Feenix Archangel is very populated, even though it has it's issues.
But more importantly, check out Corecraft - it's not released yet, but looks super promising.

Personally I probably won't be playing BC again, it's pretty unpolished and clunky compared to Wrath, speaking about PVP. Hell, every comp on BC servers these days is disc rogue.

Also, ty mods for locking all my topics, not because of my posts, but since you can't be bothered to handle a few spammers (they don't deserve being called "trolls"). It just feels so underwhelming when you spend a certain amount of time and energy writing, and then some guy won't even bother to do a few clicks, removing the spam comments/banning those that spam.

Rehan

#15 » Post by Rehan » 16 Nov 2013 20:42

Using other people's threads to continue your arguments I see, there is no "too low" for you is there Liebe?
I think we can both agree than when you trinket a sap in a 1v1 you aren't qualified to talk about PVP unbalance.

Anyway to stay on-topic, I have checked the realm list of the server and there is a Cata test realm.

Idk if this has been announced already, but this might mean the opening of a cata realm or maybe upgrade (if you can even call it that considering how bad of an expansion it is) to the primary realm.