banning in rbgs

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Myaoming
Former Staff

Re: banning in rbgs

#16 » Post by Myaoming » 07 Sep 2013 10:05

We don't hunger for bans or mutes. We always try to diminish them (not supporting account trades, thus not banning scammers can be an example of what I'm trying to say)
Players are banned when we think they should be banned. It's fair most of the times, and in case there was a misunderstanding, an unban could be considered. If you browse the old forums, you will understand what I'm talking about.

Straight answer to your doubts: for the situation you've mentioned, no, we're not banning for that.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Paradomix

#17 » Post by Paradomix » 07 Sep 2013 10:16

Well I was there on that bg and i can say that we warned the guy in order that he move and do something instead of being there jumping and doing nothing... Not only slar warned him... Me and Kamal did it as well and he stayed there doing nothing... just jumping around... I dont know how ppl could even think that the ban was not right. Cuz if staff dont punish for players doing it..soon or later players from horde (example) will be joing bg with ally toon and afking there just to take a spot from ally players that would do something on that bg and vice versa.

Chronic

#18 » Post by Chronic » 07 Sep 2013 10:52

i do understand that you guys may not want to ban all and whats goin on guys and again i completely agree with banning for afkers i see alli logging horde toons all the time and afking or join and leave intimidately to give them an unfair advantage wich is wrong for either side to do i feel that it should be fair and fun for all i cant stress that enough and yes maybe it was a big miss understanding these things happin i just feel that if some are banned for not resing ("not participating" or getting away from the objective) then those that are getting away from the objective of capping flags and doin nothing but camping graveyard making no attempt to take flag or standing at graveyard with flag camping making no attempt to cap it should also feel the wrath of a ban just trying to help keep it fair for all to have fun is all i'm trying to do guys ive been on this server for around 4 years or so and have refereed quite a few people to come play with us so please keep this in mind that all i'm trying to do is help keep things fair and fun for all :ugeek:
Death waits for no one, People wait for death and must keep themselves entertained while they wait

Chronic
Maldaki
Geekthefreak
Dameion

Justicelight
Donor

#19 » Post by Justicelight » 07 Sep 2013 13:55

Guys what the heck ? Slar you said blizzard invented Leave Bg option as an answer to Chronic words about being farmed. But, one question, for AFK`ers didn`t blizzard invented Report Player: Away option? What is this whole problem for... The guy afk`s he gets reported then he gets out of bg with a deserter buff. I consider a game breaker, and too much gm involving in bg issues. And if there is involvement on this side, it can be easily included on the other side which is being farmed like Chronic said. Who decides let`s ban players for afk`ing and not ban them for farming?

To be clear, I am saying about farming people in graveyards not because I want this to be banable too, but because banning for afk`ing is kinda wrong...

Oh and, the Report Player: Away I know it can be avoided by moving each time you are being reported, but this is Blizzard mechanics, even if is wrong we are trying to correct some things blizzard made look wrong and by that we can stop calling the pvp here Blizzlike x1. Ofc we don`t have same pvp here as on retail because of the bugs but still some things can be kept intact. I saw people saying, we need PvP gm, and i`m pretty sure they didn`t refeer to AFK in graveyard more than watching people who abuse flag carrying by los`ing.

I give a -1 for banning for AFK`ing and a +1 if you rather send the player out from BG with a deserter buff rather than banning him.

Cheers, JL
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

marko1984

#20 » Post by marko1984 » 07 Sep 2013 14:11

for offenders who repeat this just put 24hour deserter... other than that any ban seems lame :s
our PVP sux as it is... dont spoil it further...
just my opinion :P
Three mages!

Chronic

#21 » Post by Chronic » 07 Sep 2013 14:42

Justicelight wrote:Guys what the heck ? Slar you said blizzard invented Leave Bg option as an answer to Chronic words about being farmed. But, one question, for AFK`ers didn`t blizzard invented Report Player: Away option? What is this whole problem for... The guy afk`s he gets reported then he gets out of bg with a deserter buff. I consider a game breaker, and too much gm involving in bg issues. And if there is involvement on this side, it can be easily included on the other side which is being farmed like Chronic said. Who decides let`s ban players for afk`ing and not ban them for farming?

To be clear, I am saying about farming people in graveyards not because I want this to be banable too, but because banning for afk`ing is kinda wrong...

Oh and, the Report Player: Away I know it can be avoided by moving each time you are being reported, but this is Blizzard mechanics, even if is wrong we are trying to correct some things blizzard made look wrong and by that we can stop calling the pvp here Blizzlike x1. Ofc we don`t have same pvp here as on retail because of the bugs but still some things can be kept intact. I saw people saying, we need PvP gm, and i`m pretty sure they didn`t refeer to AFK in graveyard more than watching people who abuse flag carrying by los`ing.

I give a -1 for banning for AFK`ing and a +1 if you rather send the player out from BG with a deserter buff rather than banning him.

Cheers, JL
i was one who started a topic that we need a gm to monitor bgs for those who insist on bug abusing and hacking and in regards to this mess all i aim for is fairness so all can have fun thats what were here for aint it ^_^
Death waits for no one, People wait for death and must keep themselves entertained while they wait

Chronic
Maldaki
Geekthefreak
Dameion

Doctor_J
Developer

#22 » Post by Doctor_J » 07 Sep 2013 14:46

Ye Im sure I suggested this before a few months ago for such cases where players abuse in bg', simply banning from bgs maybe enough without completely banning player

eg: -

.deserter bg add 86400 gives player bg deserter buff got 24 hours and effectively bans that player from joining bgs for 24 hours
.deserter bg add 172800 gives player bg deserter buff got 48 hours and effectively bans that player from joining bgs for 48 hours
.deserter bg add 259200 gives player bg deserter buff got 72 hours and effectively bans that player from joining bgs for 72 hours.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#23 » Post by Myaoming » 07 Sep 2013 16:01

Well, I must agree that there could be better ways of punishing someone for this like what has been mentioned above: a kick followed by a 24 hours deserter debuff is a great idea. debuff duration increases if repeated.
However, since we never discussed such cases on our forums, I just had to take a decision on my own (based on the pyramid), and I'm pretty allowed to do that.

Anyway, thanks your input guys, it was appreciated, and the suggested idea will be greatly considered when dealing with next cases.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Chronic

#24 » Post by Chronic » 07 Sep 2013 20:22

a 24 hr deserter debuf seems fair enough to me and if they proceed to continue then a day ban

Chronic
Maldaki
Geekthefreak
Dameion

Alaunus
Former Staff

#25 » Post by Alaunus » 07 Sep 2013 23:15

Hmm , i don't usually post much in forums, but since its a pvp topic i would like to point out a few things. Nothing is fair in love and well you know war , and when you join in a bg its kind of a war that you join to fight. and in a war there are ups and down. in some cases horde wins in some alliance, and since when camping is and should be ban-able? its a PVP , part of pvp is camping , if you want to blame anyone i suggest you point out the finger at yourself for not being strong enough to break the streak of there camping. but i am also not supporting it, its indeed a shameful thing to do but its not a cause to ban as for the afk issue that is definitely not a part of pvp specially in bg's. as slar said there is a option implanted to "leave a battleground". where you or whoever it was was staying there simply to get the point and creating problems in the flow of the bg. yes again it might have been an unfair one but you cant make a flaw in the game play of others.

a simple example. everyone plays as they suppose to but when a hacker uses fly hack or other hacks he creates a flaw in the game play which gets into the way of others. for which case we ban them. in your case i think you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong idea about what to do.

Again this is not something you should do. To counter that kind of camping you can always group que with peoples you know and think will be able to help you camp them.

Alaunus
Former Staff

#26 » Post by Alaunus » 07 Sep 2013 23:22

Those being said and after reading justicelights post, ya now i just remembered there was a option like that too. good point.

Emcee

#27 » Post by Emcee » 08 Sep 2013 22:23

LOL PEOPLE GET BANNED FOR AFKING RBG NOW. OMG GUYS, IS THIS WORLD OF WARCRAFT OR LEAGUE OF LEGENDS???
/golfclap
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Intervention
Former Staff

#28 » Post by Intervention » 09 Sep 2013 00:10

Simply put, afking in a bg is not cool. I don't mind if a player goes afk for a few minutes or whatever but if they are standing there in a corner for a large portion of the game and then will simply jump for a second or two so they won't get kicked that should warrant a kick. Repeating of this would result in a 24hr ban in my opinion. I think that would be the best solution. Judging when to boot would be difficult to judge at times but excessive afk and lack of presence of the scoreboard that would resemble someone not playing throughout the entire game would then warrant punishment....
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Liebe

#29 » Post by Liebe » 09 Sep 2013 22:20

More importantly you should ban players who're ignoring objectives and just blindly farm honorable kills. They are often the reason why some better players decide to AFK or leave the BG. If you don't need honor it's better to leave, you do get the debuff, but it's not such a great loss, since in your next BG you'd likely be grouped with same idiots. But if you're one of those new players that actually need honor you're just killing your honor per hour income and it makes more sense to AFK to at least preserve some nerves.

Of course, it's harder to determine who's an idiot HK farmer than who's AFK all the time, so it would be very hard to actually pull off something like that. It's pretty much the reason why Blizzard barely bans BG bots - today's software is so advanced that it's impossible to tell a bad player from a bot :S.

Rehan

#30 » Post by Rehan » 09 Sep 2013 22:22

Not blizzlike