Am I the only one who feels sick after reading this outcome?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Raxxo

Am I the only one who feels sick after reading this outcome?

#1 » Post by Raxxo » 08 Aug 2013 22:47

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=10352

I think you should judge situations like this one on a per case base.
You can't set up clear guidelines because every case is unique, so you can't follow a set couple of guidelines to process the case like a robot.
It's what Kindzaza and Myaoming did in this case. They quoted the rules, followed them literally and as a result Dan walked away unpunished.
Technically, they're right. But every other human being with a decent moral compass can feel than Dan is fucking rotten and despicable and should not get away with this.
Daryl said that temptations can lead to these actions, but I know from myself I would never abuse another human being's trust like this.
I'm sure many others are with me.

Besides, in this case Dan claimed that he traded the account. But he obviously didn't.
He then claimed that Siisz somehow had the e-mail adress (maybe because she's the rightful owner???) and stole her account back.
He lied to the community and the admins to try and get his 7(!!!!) accounts back. All of them of course have been acquired legally :| NOT (Seriously who makes 7 different accounts with more characters on them than one person could possibly maintain).
When confronted with his crimes, he proceeds to call Siisz dumb for trusting him (one of her guild officers at the time, who the fuck can you trust if a GM can't trust her officers anymore?) instead of apologizing.

I spit on you Dan. I spit on you despite the admins granting you lenience because they don't want to get swarmed by scamming reports.

I hope this will stirr up a heated discussion about the fact that we don't want our staff to be robots who follow some general rules somebody set up a long time ago.
And don't go all Sovjet-Russia on me and lock this topic. That would not be cool.

Vaen

Re: Am I the only one who feels sick after reading this outcome?

#2 » Post by Vaen » 08 Aug 2013 23:39

What scamming ? Go back and read the thread, look at the screenshot. Siisz gave him her (?) account info. There is no scam at hand here for goodness' sake. Moral compass ? Seriously ? This might not be real life but you should know better than to willingly trust anybody. I hope this topic gets locked since it is only a fruitless rant about something whose outcome you did not like. It does not seem that you understood the reasons for the situation to end up like this.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Raxxo

#3 » Post by Raxxo » 08 Aug 2013 23:51

Reason: admins don't want to deal with a gazillion scamming reports anymore, so they let Dan go to warn the community not to trust anyone. Amirite?
I didn't say it was a scam, Myaoming made the link to scam reports in his reaction.
In this case Siisz did make the mistake of giving her password to Dan.
But to claim he has no fault in this would be the same as blaming a girl who gets beat up by her boyfriend. Because she was, quote, dumb enough to have trusted him in the first place and hooked up with him.
Exact same situation, different gravity of abusing trust.
In either case, wouldn't you agree that Dan/boyfriend made a grave mistake?

Worst thing is, he showed his real personality by not apologizing but instead calling her dumb after the facts became public.
Ok, he can't get banned for being a total asshole but this is the part what probably hurt Siisz most.
Last edited by Guest on 08 Aug 2013 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

Vaen

#4 » Post by Vaen » 08 Aug 2013 23:55

No, it would be like giving 50 dollars to someone on the street then the next day demand that they give you back the money you gave them. A girl who is beat up by her boyfriend is suffering from physical abuse which she cannot directly stop or avoid by herself and therefore requires outside help, be it from outside people or the authorities.
Worst thing is, he showed his real personality by not apologizing but instead calling her dumb after the facts became public.
Ok, he can't get banned for being a total asshole but this is the part what probably hurt Siisz most.
lol, I agree it was an asshole move on his part, but assholes like thatr are everywhere. At least she managed to learn from her mistake and go on relatively unscathed, seeing as she recovered her account.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Raxxo

#5 » Post by Raxxo » 09 Aug 2013 00:08

Fine, then make my example like:
- random man and random woman meet
- random woman trusts guy because he's a nice bloke who gets shit done (raiding together)
- they get into a relationship (here: manage a guild together)
- man plunders woman's savings account and gets the fuck out
- woman reports theft to authorities
- authorities don't give a fuck because they're busy and suspend the case
- man gives one last FUCK YOU by calling her dumb for trusting him

Is this how we want our community to be?

Intervention
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Intervention » 09 Aug 2013 02:26

There is no reason for this topic and these topics won't be tolerated.

And just for your minds eye. Both broke the rules. I've had several cases like this and all the cases I didn't ban either party. Don't ever share your details. If you share your details willingly it's not a hack or a scam and siiz essentially lied telling us it was a hack and Dan behaved unethically toward siiz. I will say again, if you want to willingly give your account info away, you risk forfeiting the rights to your account. This means you could lose the account completely and it is not a hack or a scam.

Locking the topic.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!