[TW] Offer Incentive to Clear ICC Without the 30% Buff

Regent
Tester

[TW] Offer Incentive to Clear ICC Without the 30% Buff

#1 » Post by Regent » 04 Dec 2018 14:59

Hi,

Just as the title states, I believe that TW can provide raiders with an incentive to partake in more challenging content.
ICC 10/25 heroic is already challenging enough and provides a plethora of rewards on heroic mode.

However, there is absolutely no material incentive to disable the buff at the moment when everything can be made 30% easier for a full clear (other than the fact that the option to disable the buff doesn't even work properly lately - from what I've seen, even with leader role).
No additional rewards exist to justify the severely increased difficulty that it would add to each encounter. Simply put, besides bragging rights, there's nothing in it for the players to invest their time and effort to achieve a full clear without their faction buff.

I suggest that TW offer some kind of reward that would be available to claim from the website (or available as a chest or from the final boss itself) once a full clear of the raid has been achieved without the buff.
A raid would group would have to enter and they'd have to pass checks on each boss with the criteria being that each of the 12 bosses were killed without the 30% Alliance / Horde buff on any player in the raid group.

Some of the possible rewards TW could offer are:
Currently unobtainable mounts (or like some of the mounts already on the shop).
X amount of extra items dropping from bosses for doing ICC on "hard mode".
X amount of extra Emblems of Frost / Gold.
X amount of 36 slot bags.

I welcome any feedback and discussion on this proposal to stimulate end-game raiding on the hardest difficulty possible.

EDIT: Normal mode can also be included in this if people think it's all right. Edited the title for this.

Regards.
Last edited by Regent on 04 Dec 2018 17:59, edited 2 times in total.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt

obolence

Re: [TW] Offer Incentive to Clear ICC (Heroic) Without the 30% Buff

#2 » Post by obolence » 04 Dec 2018 15:48

+1

Joh0239

#3 » Post by Joh0239 » 04 Dec 2018 16:45

Big +1, Would be really fun to do. Something I have wanted to do for a long time but not many felt like doing. Creating an incentive like the t3 system would be really great and fun.

This is something we expected when staff created events which you could earn certain tokens which you could buy 36 slot bag and an unique mount for. Since we were promised challenges in raid.

Edit: My +1 was doing this in normal or 10 heroic. We're far from doing it in 25hc atm.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Wilcox

#4 » Post by Wilcox » 04 Dec 2018 17:33

can also reward people with WP

but yes huge +++

Gadoschi
Donor

#5 » Post by Gadoschi » 04 Dec 2018 17:42

A very ambitious and interesting idea, but how realistic is it, though?
You can't even clear ICC 25 Heroic with the 30% buff active nowadays.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Regent
Tester

#6 » Post by Regent » 04 Dec 2018 17:50

Normal mode could probably be included in this suggestion, if people think it's acceptable.
Edited the suggestion and title to reflect this addition.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

Gadoschi
Donor

Re: [TW] Offer Incentive to Clear ICC Without the 30% Buff

#7 » Post by Gadoschi » 04 Dec 2018 18:17

How about simply doing a 25N achievement run? That's challenging and fun, and I'm positive that almost no currently active players have it, and would very much like to have it, both for the achievement itself and for the good-looking 310% mount.
Doing normal mode without the buff is so pointless - 30% less damage (and healing) and 30% less healing are basically the same as 30% more hp and damage on the boss, which is basically heroic mode, but with crappier loot.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

shajib

#8 » Post by shajib » 04 Dec 2018 19:09

+1

Andromelech
Senior Game Master

#9 » Post by Andromelech » 05 Dec 2018 00:40

This is interesting ... having something like a custom npc that would only activate if you would clear all of icc without the buff and he would offer the rewards... or a system in which they get sent via in game mail with a tag and a bit of lore attached.
So yes i look forward to see this suggestion coming to life , it has my support.

Gadoschi
Donor

#10 » Post by Gadoschi » 05 Dec 2018 16:16

For someone who clinged to your dear lives when people suggested anything non-blizzlike in the past, recently literally all your suggestions have been non-blizzlike.
Regardless, I wouldn't mind this happening - not right now, though.
As of now, I believe it would make much more sense simply doing 25N achievement run in search for challenge and fun for now, and then, if LoD with 30% buff is ever on farm again, consider implementing this (but certainly not yet).
PC

Regent
Tester

#11 » Post by Regent » 05 Dec 2018 16:47

Gadoschi wrote:
05 Dec 2018 16:16
For someone who clinged to your dear lives when people suggested anything non-blizzlike in the past, recently literally all your suggestions have been non-blizzlike.
Regardless, I wouldn't mind this happening - not right now, though.
As of now, I believe it would make much more sense simply doing 25N achievement run in search for challenge and fun for now, and then, if LoD with 30% buff is ever on farm again, consider implementing this (but certainly not yet).
If you're addressing me when it comes to non-blizzlike suggestions, then I can tell you right now what you just said is absolutely not true. My suggestions have always been aimed at what's best for the server and not what's necessarily blizzlike.
As for the rest of your feedback, achievement runs have nothing to do with doing raids without the 30% buff. They may share a vague similarity in difficulty due to the criteria of the achievements themselves and the conditions required to complete such achievements, but that's all still under a 30% handicap buff and that's all there is to it.
Doing a raid whilst dealing 30% less damage, having 30% less EHP, healing output & absorbs is worlds apart from doing an achievement run WITH the raid bonuses and thus drawing a comparison between the two is absurd.
I'm not just talking about 25 heroic runs or 25 normal runs but also 10 normal and 10 heroics as well (which are FAR MORE frequent).
Either way, thanks for your feedback.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

Gadoschi
Donor

#12 » Post by Gadoschi » 06 Dec 2018 23:05

My observation was not meant for you specifically.
The point was that most suggestions recently have headed in the non-blizzlike direction (or were of out-of-game nature), which is mostly fine by me, but note that something similar would be instantly dismissed for that very reason not long ago, when people (perhaps not in as good a favor with the GMs and the staff as you) would suggest them.
I get it, though. I'm pretty sure that, had Blizzard kept WotLK running for ten years, most of what we consider to be "blizzlike" for WotLK would be changed in some way by now to comply with running the same content for a decade, and to incorporate the many improvements done to the game through more recent expansions.
What I don't see from your suggestion is what exactly this measure would accomplish. Do you think that it would give veterans who might not have interest in the game at this time something to do?
PC