[Pending] Add Website Main Page: "How to Connect" + Redirect After Account Creation

Nyeriah

[Pending] Add Website Main Page: "How to Connect" + Redirect After Account Creation

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Apr 2015 23:01

Fastor suggested creating a post registration page where it'd tell players what to do after registering, how to log in-game, how to create an in-game account, so on, so forth.

I guess it'd could also be set PRIOR registration and then lead to the phpbb registration page

I don't know, something that gets attention

Something that hopefully people will read

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Post Registration Landing Page

#3 » Post by Etro » 13 Apr 2015 23:39

LOL I was actually thinking of something like this just now, but it would be like an automated PM that would actually get their attention and read.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 13 Apr 2015 23:51

I noticed some people are not even reading the PM they get when we transfer a character... We can't force information on anyone who doesn't want to receive it. But we can try to give them the most important information, it's something that's actually quite challenging.

Etro
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Etro » 14 Apr 2015 00:06

Oh, you mean like make it part of the registration process? That is a good idea.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Apr 2015 00:11

There are times I answer the same question on the same thread on the same page three times and then yet someone shows up asking the same thing again :(

However I think it should be shorter than Fastor's sketch, somehow

But maybe it'd be the ideal... I don't know

Dymond
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Dymond » 14 Apr 2015 01:38

Sounds like a great idea
“In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.”

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 14 Apr 2015 01:54

@Etro, Nye and whoever it concerns. Yes registration process and nothing other then that. Reason is simple, to not give them chance to do mistake and complain later like many did already.

Five steps seems too long? Even with most simplified fourth step which is just require confirmation of user would he like same username for in game as for forum account? Well, we could skip step one which is welcome stuff to show we care for people, we could skip step two which shows people what we dont allow on this server (they could be on TW without accepting rules so legally they wont be obligated by rules), we could skip step three and return back to time when you didnt need to have forum account to enter game. Sadly we cant skip steps four and five.

So yea, no matter if five steps seems too long its currently what we actually ask from new users. Make forum account, make game account, have client and follow rules.

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Apr 2015 02:15

A single page can welcome them, tell them to follow the rules, and explain that in-game accounts aren't the same as forum accounts (we in no way need to go over that, no need for blabbling). Most of the important information has been literarily posted EVERYWHERE at forums by now anyway...

Fastor

#11 » Post by Fastor » 14 Apr 2015 02:19

Who read that stuff? l am asking from point of average new user. Mostly those who does not know eng.

Heihachi
Developer

#12 » Post by Heihachi » 14 Apr 2015 11:32

I am just going to say this. Add that would not be fun its alot of custom code to the (nearly) default forum install. If there is a simple way to do this (addons or something) would love to have something like that. I also agree with Roel most people dont even know you get a PM when you transffer a character. People just dont care.

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 14 Apr 2015 14:22

Other solution would be to make specially created program that would lead people trough that process and include acting as downloader for client. After all done could also act as wow starter that would auto log in selected account (Nye would know what l mean).

TLDR: TW version of Battle.net client.

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Apr 2015 15:22

Launchers? Hardly anyone will use it. Heihachi I don't see how editing the "register link" to lead to a second page, that will eventually lead to the registration page, would be a lot of custom code... that's why I said it doesn't need to work the same way in the sketch

Longi

#15 » Post by Longi » 14 Apr 2015 16:12

wohooo :D may we finnaly get it

what about something like that poperclip ( microsoft office :D ) but instead of clippy
there will be something close to Truewow. maybe gnone engeener or any cool NPC from game...

i think it´s possible to add this to page via java or so, and when players click on registration, it will show up and help them and after all steps it will say congrats and wish a nice day ... :D