[Rejected] Enabled Sealed Scroll Case to Balance Recipe Collection {PW}

Nyeriah

Re: Band-Aid Solution for Elusive Recipes (PRIMAL)

#16 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Mar 2018 16:38

As with everything related to drops, nobody knows what the chances should actually be. It's all educated guesses and speculation. Wowhead isn't reliable for that matter either. I agree with Eronox about the above.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

myichael

#17 » Post by myichael » 07 Mar 2018 17:16

+1 this would be cool!

Dunkelstein

#18 » Post by Dunkelstein » 07 Mar 2018 17:39

Isn't the uncertainty even more reason to use some kind of hack fix? Keep in mind that with ZA release these Scroll Cases will be easily available from trash mobs to anyone, anyway, so it's really only a matter of time.

As for the armory, I really don't know how it works. https://truewow.org/armory/item.php?item=22903&realm=p shows only very few mobs, in dungeons only, and the list is certainly not capped.
Then I look at https://truewow.org/armory/npc.php?id=21047&realm=p and the recipe is listed here, but these ogres are not listed in the list of the recipe. So I really don't know what to think or what to farm.

Also, before anyone says it, yes I am farming these mobs but there are only like 5 of them in the game and they respawn to slowly too grind them continously.
Aka Funkelstein

Nyeriah

#19 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Mar 2018 19:06

It's because of referenced loot templates https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/ ... t_template

It drops from a loot table that is shared among a group of creatures.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Dunkelstein

#20 » Post by Dunkelstein » 07 Mar 2018 19:23

Ok how can I find out what other mobs are dropping this item or other recipes? : x ty
Aka Funkelstein

crichelle

#21 » Post by crichelle » 07 Mar 2018 19:54

Absolutely in favor of the OP's suggestion. We have a couple hundred people playing on this server, not millions. Giving key recipes a 0.01-0.05% drop rate on random elite/dungeon mobs is the functional equivalent to removing them from the server entirely.

samoman21

#22 » Post by samoman21 » 08 Mar 2018 00:32

Skye wrote:
07 Mar 2018 16:38
As with everything related to drops, nobody knows what the chances should actually be. It's all educated guesses and speculation. Wowhead isn't reliable for that matter either. I agree with Eronox about the above.
I'm sorry. How is a bot able to talk on the forums? What is this meme?
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

Dunkelstein

Re: [Pending] Enabled Sealed Scroll Case to Balance Recipe Collection {PW}

#23 » Post by Dunkelstein » 05 Jul 2018 11:20

Recently more people have been having problems with unavailability of recipes, namely the Spellstrike Recipes:
https://truewow.org/armory/item.php?item=24309
https://truewow.org/armory/item.php?item=24312
1.4% drop chance off a boss that you can only do once a day, that has to be a mistake right?
I am sure that most people already know this, but when you look at a database like wowhead then most of the data is coming from end users who have their mods installed to gather data.
1000 Players kill one boss, out of those 14 get that item. But that is not taking into account the fact that you have to be a tailor to even see that item, so the chance can't be accurate and actually has to be much higher.

The longer we wait, the less value we're going to get out of the work that is put into such a custom change. Especially because Zul'Aman will be coming out soon after BT (hopefully) and these Scroll Cases will be introduced and solo farmable either way. But by that time people will have already out-geared starter gear like this or given up.

Judging by the sole fact that this is still pending after 4 months of inactivity I am assuming that this is still being considered.
If that is not the case then might aswell close this
Aka Funkelstein

natnat123
Former Staff

#24 » Post by natnat123 » 05 Jul 2018 18:24

Sorry for the delay, this suggestion is suppose to be getting done by me, but due to the recent hyjal release and other changes. I have not had time to Implent it, I will try my best to make some time for it soon.

flosr1
Donor

#25 » Post by flosr1 » 06 Jul 2018 19:20

+1

Relina

#26 » Post by Relina » 07 Jul 2018 13:53

+1 this sounds like a nice way to boost rdf/rhc activity in addition to making the rarer recipes more available.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.