[Pending] Increase Call to Arms Availability

Dreadnought101

[Pending] Increase Call to Arms Availability

#1 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 19 Feb 2018 01:42

Its very annoying having a week of useless call to arms in isle of conquest or strands, also the only call to arms that gets any consistent activity is wsg (because its 2v2) which comes to far few and in between.

I suggest adding a second call to arms, that way we can get more call to arms for our favorite battlegrounds, yet still getting call to arms on weeks for eye of the storm and alterac valley and having the community still push for them.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

lrctgl
Donor

Re: Have 2 Call to arms a week

#2 » Post by lrctgl » 19 Feb 2018 12:21

something along those lines or just make the call to arms last all week

either way +1

myichael

#3 » Post by myichael » 19 Feb 2018 22:25

^
This is our revised ultimate suggestion, we know the dev’s hands are full and as far as I’m aware nobody in the community would be against having Call To Arms every weekend (as it should be).

Sometimes you go 3 weekends without having bonus honor, this is the most simple suggestion we can think of to fix the majority of PvP related issues, which is simply a lack of players because of a lack of gear.

The 2nd idea is to have all created arena teams start out at 1500 rating (as it was in retail). This would cause players to take arena seriously and try to climb the ladder instead of grabbing whoever they can find to get in 10 quick losses for 300 points.

Again, these are the 2 most simple suggestions we can come up with although I am not aware the difficulty of coding that translates into.

Simply put, the lack of Call To Arms is a bug because of mimicking TBC on the WOTLK server. If somebody has a bug tracker account they should post this there and attempt to have it classified as a major bug.

I’m not sure if starting out at 0 rating is how it was in TBC but it’s not working here and I’m prettttty sure Blizz let teams start out at 1500 at some point.

+1

cts17

#4 » Post by cts17 » 22 Feb 2018 00:35

I'll 2nd that whole starter at 1500. Being dragged into the arena to help someone get their 300 points by losing 10 times in a row to the same team sucks. A lot. I do it occasionally because I want to help, but if there's a solution that means I don't have to do that for my guildmates, I would love it. Having Call to Arms proc more often would certainly help the BG's! BG's are way better than Arenas for a small population anyway, as it allows for something besides the honed skill/gear of 2 PvPers ganking inexperienced and unequipped players.

~Lighthammer

Dreadnought101

#5 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 23 Feb 2018 16:25

I dont know how I feel about changing arena from 0 to 1500. When S3 comes out I think you can adjust for arena gains most people get by making S2 gear/weapons 300-700 points so they can gain a piece every 1-3 weeks while adjusting S3 gear to those who have grinded out to 1500+ and making those gear be 1000-2000 and weapons even more.

1500 could make things more chaotic, with people dropping their teams and resetting if they loose a lot and drop below 1500 which will happen often. Where as you wont see any drops from consistent lower end teams as you dont loose even -1 rating until around 800 and losses dont hurt until 1400 or so if you have a significant negative win/loss ratio
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...