TBC - Wotlk set bonus changes (Revert to TBC)

masteve

TBC - Wotlk set bonus changes (Revert to TBC)

#1 » Post by masteve » 18 Apr 2017 03:46

I have noticed that alot of the TBC set bonuses have changed with the wotlk patch. For instance mage T5 (see pictures below)

Has had a huge nerf to make T5 not viable in wotlk content. I rly do believe to keep the essence of TBC we need to keep the original tbc item bonuses. This keeps the item progression true to how it was in TBC a lot of people will look forward to specific upgrades like mage T5 and I believe having a lesser version of the gear would only damped the fun of TBC!

Nyeriah

Re: TBC - Wotlk set bonus changes (Revert to TBC)

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Apr 2017 04:02

Some things can be changed, like flat values. But if there are complex bonuses like procs they might not be able to be changed. Overall, I don't see a problem with this, but the fact that players will already have a huge damage boost compared to TBC should be considered as well.

Vaen

#3 » Post by Vaen » 18 Apr 2017 09:41

I don't think it'll be necessary to tweak it. At 5% the bonus remains useful enough that arcane mages will want it possibly up to some point in t6, but it will be obsolete in wotlk.

Additionally, arcane might still be having mana problems in t5 gear, so having a 20% mana cost increase could also prove problematic.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Gadoschi
Donor

#4 » Post by Gadoschi » 18 Apr 2017 11:45

Wow, nerf from 20% to 5%. That's something.

Mana cost is actually decreased in the nerf. So, you won't have any issues in the mana department due to these changes.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm