25%
With some changes
4%

Total votes: 53

lrctgl
Donor

[Accepted] Enable Transmog {PW}

#1 » Post by lrctgl » 24 Feb 2017 15:47

i know this has been posted before but with how the system works on truewow i literally cant see any reason as to why this shouldnt be implemented on primal aswell

its turned off by default meaning you cant see the transmog npc or any of the players transmogged you would have to use the commands to actually activate it

also some reasons for the votes would be a good idea too so we can talk about eventual changes if the system how it is doesnt work for you

Theblomb

Re: Transmog

#2 » Post by Theblomb » 24 Feb 2017 16:28

+1 You can turn it on and off, so it doesn't hurt anyone really.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Feb 2017 19:21

There's a command:

Code: Select all

.set transmog on/off
If you enable it by writing ".set transmog on", you see yourself and others with chosen transmog.
[hide="Enabled"]Image[/hide]

If you disable it by writing ".set transmog off", you see yourself and others without transmog. The normal way, basically.
[hide="Disabled"]Image[/hide]

Every player can choose if they want to have it enabled or disabled.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#4 » Post by Wilcox » 24 Feb 2017 23:21

i don't play on PW, but I'm all for democracy no matter where. PW is a part of TW and this feature will eventually be added in far future when the realms merge. so why not have it now, right? just turn it off if you hate it so much and you can have the best od both worlds

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Feb 2017 23:25

Wilcox wrote:i don't play on PW, but I'm all for democracy no matter where. PW is a part of TW and this feature will eventually be added in far future when the realms merge. so why not have it now, right? just turn it off if you hate it so much and you can have the best od both worlds
Indeed, but they don't even have to turn it off. It should be disabled by default.

They'd had to enable it to be bothered by it.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Feb 2017 23:30

Last time this was suggested players didn't want this for more than just the visual reason but other aspects as well (like, the little relevance given the availability of gear, among other things).
Flooded wrote:...
Thoughts?

lrctgl
Donor

#7 » Post by lrctgl » 24 Feb 2017 23:40

Nyeriah wrote:Last time this was suggested players didn't want this for more than just the visual reason but other aspects as well (like, the little relevance given the availability of gear, among other things).
the little relevance was your point and thats frankly bs there is plenty of gear to transmog into so dont thinkt that point is very valid

and i dont think people fully understood the concept last time it was suggested

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Feb 2017 00:14

lrctgl wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:Last time this was suggested players didn't want this for more than just the visual reason but other aspects as well (like, the little relevance given the availability of gear, among other things).
the little relevance was your point and thats frankly bs there is plenty of gear to transmog into so dont thinkt that point is very valid

It's not my point but that's what people told me when it was discussed. I suggested adding this to PrimalWoW and these were the responses I got.

1) They wouldn't like to see people wishing gear just for transmogrify
2) They feel like it's immersion breaking
3) They feel like the amount of gear available doesn't justify a custom feature

lrctgl
Donor

#9 » Post by lrctgl » 25 Feb 2017 00:18

Nyeriah wrote:
lrctgl wrote:

It's not my point but that's what people told me when it was discussed. I suggested adding this to PrimalWoW and these were the responses I got.

1.people needing for no reason are everywhere this wont lower or increase the amount
2.its not immersion breaking when its turned off by default
3.and the amount of gear is quite enough to justify it and even more when tbc is just around the corner

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2017 00:27

The only valid point, I'd say. Though, most serious guilds and raiders wouldn't put transmog rolls ahead people's needs. I already /roll for fashion regardless of transmog, and of course, the players who actually need the item will get the item. Should you be in RDF, you can't really control who roll for what item, so someone might roll for an item as transog... but if they went to the specific dungeon to get a certain transmog piece and actually did just as much as everyone else in the group, then I say they deserve the item just as much as anyone else in the group.

They clearly couldn't have known that it's a setting you can set to your personal preference. If they knew and still said claimed this, it's like "I don't want to have it enabled, so no one else should get to have it enabled!".

This is just personal preference. If you're playing a class/role, which gets to walk around in a tier set, you look fancy. If you, however, end up as a rainbow DPS warrior, you don't look cool at all. :-( Also, we have 3 tier sets, ZG set, AQ set and 100s of green item sets that look good. Imo, there are more sets in Vanilla than what the later expansions bring.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

silverius

#11 » Post by silverius » 25 Feb 2017 00:42

Voted yes, this feature will help attract more players to the server. Its also disabled by default so why the hell not?! Just make the transmog npcs ethereals and name them as their cata counterparts and that should help with immersion.

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2017 00:46

silverius wrote:Voted yes, this feature will help attract more players to the server. Its also disabled by default so why the hell not?! Just make the transmog npcs ethereals and name them as their cata counterparts and that should help with immersion.
They already are. It's just a matter of enabling it.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Sinubis

#13 » Post by Sinubis » 25 Feb 2017 15:51

Personally having it so that you can transmog armor piece into another simliar, as long as u have once owned it would be nice aswell. Dont have to worry wheter or not u have/dont have the piece for epic visual set.

Fárlight

#14 » Post by Fárlight » 25 Feb 2017 16:13

+1, this give the 60s the a thing to do too and not afk in capitals waiting for raid time.
It's also nice for warrior dps and holy paladins, I've seen enough rainbow warrior dps in the raids ;P
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

oooooooooolde
Donor

#15 » Post by oooooooooolde » 25 Feb 2017 23:09

Maybe you should go and read that old poll.

Biggest argument against it for me is that it will make people put less effort into their appearances.
I like being able to see when competing raiding guilds get items - like war t3 shoulders, but a lot of the time you need a specific tabard, cloak or headpiece to go along with it.

I personally don't want it implemented. -1