[Pending] Allow Character Compensation from PW->TW

Deim

Re: Level boost on opposite realm upon reaching max level

#16 » Post by Deim » 08 Dec 2016 09:20

Gnurg wrote:
Fitzpatrick wrote:
gnurg wrote:I doubt PrimalWoW would mind if a bunch of pre-raid geared people showing up, same goes for TrueWoW. Afterall, they're not suddenly showing up with Scarab Lord and all achievements/gear unlocked like some transfers have.

Its bad enough with so many transfers showing up to raids undergeared, missing skills, eating loot, then vanishing never to be seen from again a week or two later.

Also, to put it bluntly, TW and PW are very different in atmospheres and there are plenty of TW players that I hope to never see on PW.
If this is a shared opinion among PrimalWoW-eers, I would suggest they write it here as soon as possible, as this suggestion is already pending.
I'm afraid Fitz is at lest partialy right. While Primal requires influx of new players. The transfer ones happen to get gear and never come back, or refuse to farm pBiS after getting one tier item ("Why would I do dungeons when I'm in raids already" said one guy recently >:| )
Ofc there is also a group of new players that stay, follow all gearing steps and perform very well.
Anyway recently we had discussion among few ppl how to treat fresh transfers not to discorague them from playing here while making sure they are going to stay and not leave after 2-3 weeks with gear wasted. However it is hard to find a perfect solution to this and we still disagree with each other.

The sword of destiny has two edges xD
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#17 » Post by MerelyASetback » 08 Dec 2016 12:59

Fitzpatrick wrote: -1

Its bad enough with so many transfers showing up to raids undergeared, missing skills, eating loot, then vanishing never to be seen from again a week or two later.
Deim wrote:
I'm afraid Fitz is at lest partialy right. While Primal requires influx of new players. The transfer ones happen to get gear and never come back, or refuse to farm pBiS after getting one tier item ("Why would I do dungeons when I'm in raids already" said one guy recently >:| )
Ofc there is also a group of new players that stay, follow all gearing steps and perform very well.
Anyway recently we had discussion among few ppl how to treat fresh transfers not to discorague them from playing here while making sure they are going to stay and not leave after 2-3 weeks with gear wasted. However it is hard to find a perfect solution to this and we still disagree with each other.

The sword of destiny has two edges xD
All you have to do is not give them any 'good' loot before they have proven to be reliable and willing to get preraid gear. This is an issue even with freshly levelled 60's that join/are in a guild.

If they have the mentality of "I'm already doing raids and I don't need to get preraid.", you should find a way to encourage them to actually still show up and farm their preraid gear.
Lootbanning, organizing guild gearing dungeon/ubrs runs, sitting them, just explaining it to them etc. are all ways to manage this issue.

This is more of a guildmanagement/lootmanagement/communicationmanagement-issue than a transfer-issue...
Moroes - Combat PVE / Subish PVP

Deim

#18 » Post by Deim » 08 Dec 2016 15:00

Moroes, it's not the place to discuss what each guild should do. Lets go back to topic of transfers itself. What I meant is that Fitz is not entirely right and its matter of treating fresh ppl properly.
Myself I'm not against enabling this kind of "transfer" betweem both realms (I doubt it would cause emigration from Primal to True, rather the other way round)
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Krex1992

#19 » Post by Krex1992 » 16 Dec 2016 15:54

Deim wrote:Moroes, it's not the place to discuss what each guild should do. Lets go back to topic of transfers itself. What I meant is that Fitz is not entirely right and its matter of treating fresh ppl properly.
Myself I'm not against enabling this kind of "transfer" betweem both realms (I doubt it would cause emigration from Primal to True, rather the other way round)
Moroes is 100% correct, it is a guild issue. So you can put that fucking VK smug away from this forum
Keo Nelf/Tauren Druid

Deim

#20 » Post by Deim » 17 Dec 2016 14:39

Krex1992 wrote: So you can put that fucking VK smug away from this forum
Oh gewd is it "Deim left Murmur cuz of reasons so I have to hate him right now ?"
Keo since you joined Primal I always knew you are cancerous retard. What you wrote added litteraly nothing to the topic that was imactive for some time.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired

VanillaPVE

#21 » Post by VanillaPVE » 17 Dec 2016 18:17

Guild management issues aside, I see no harm in this. Both these realms were already there. One could already make characters on both and play on both.

There are a couple of thoughts I have with the boost though.

1. I think about cannibalizing one population for the other. I want both realms to succeed. One PVP for people who like that and one PVE for people who like that.

2. Tourists. If you don't have to level you don't really have make an investment in your characters. I wondering if any bump in population from this would be temporary at best as the tourist would check it out, then go right back to the characters they have investment in.

TLDR: I am not actively for nor against this. These are just a couple of thoughts that I had.

Krex1992

#22 » Post by Krex1992 » 19 Dec 2016 08:32

Deim wrote:
Krex1992 wrote: So you can put that fucking VK smug away from this forum
Oh gewd is it "Deim left Murmur cuz of reasons so I have to hate him right now ?"
Keo since you joined Primal I always knew you are cancerous retard. What you wrote added litteraly nothing to the topic that was imactive for some time.
Least im geared bitch SIT DOWN
Keo Nelf/Tauren Druid

night

#23 » Post by night » 20 Jan 2017 17:10

VanillaPVE wrote: 1. I think about cannibalizing one population for the other. I want both realms to succeed. One PVP for people who like that and one PVE for people who like that.

2. Tourists. If you don't have to level you don't really have make an investment in your characters. I wondering if any bump in population from this would be temporary at best as the tourist would check it out, then go right back to the characters they have investment in.

I don't think there is any cannibalizing to be had. It would likely give True players an option to keep playing rather than never coming back again at all. Especially with BC on the horizon. Although I seriously doubt you are going to get much from Primal going to True. I have had a retail xfer there for a year and never really touched it because I want to keep it as new feeling as possible once Primal gets there.

All population rushes are only going to keep a certain percentage. Nothing wrong with a possibility/chance to grow.