[Pending] Add Website Main Page: Current Realm Progressions

androx

[Pending] Add Website Main Page: Current Realm Progressions

#1 » Post by androx » 06 Aug 2015 09:46

I was thinking that Primal might benefit greatly from implementing a progression bar somewhere on the web-site. This bar will show where we are in terms of content (raids, dungeons, patches, etc) and what is coming next. As the server gets older new players might want to check where we stand in terms of progression and this feature will allow them to do so easily. It might even include first boss kills, or any type of "world firsts". It wil keep track of things, as this will be a long journey ahead of us. :D

mazzuru

Re: Progression bar

#2 » Post by mazzuru » 06 Aug 2015 12:26

good idea!

Rockmaster

#3 » Post by Rockmaster » 06 Aug 2015 13:38

Nice idea!
I imagine some kind of graphical time line which shows the important milestones as new raids, expansions, arena seasons and other released content.
It should show available content in color and future content in gray.
This might help to make the timeline:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)

.doctorwho

#4 » Post by .doctorwho » 06 Aug 2015 14:01

Sounds like a fantastic idea. :tick:

Hatson

#5 » Post by Hatson » 06 Aug 2015 14:24

Nope, and nope.

Dangerous idea. You're toying with the power of special privileged people now. There's a reason why Blizzard always says "when ready" or as they coined the term: Soon™

Show a timeline, and everyone will take it as absolute fact with no possible ways of ever deviating from the plan. Almost religiously so. People become fanatical and act absurdly on ALL privates (Trust me, I have played on way too many of these, everywhere the community is the EXACT same, no difference here).

Putting up a timeline is like prematurely creating gallows for your playerbase to later hang you with their special privileged needs and insults from a f2p server managed by people in their free times for no money.

This happens EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. on every single private I have ever played on. Do NOT prematurely hang yourselves, devs. Take this as a warning, because doing everything the community asks you for is a horrible idea and only leads to a slow and insidious death.

Some related prime examples of this: World of Warcraft retail & Corecraft.

androx

#6 » Post by androx » 06 Aug 2015 15:32

The Staff can just put somewhere on the bar "Everything is subject to change." and all will be fine. Future content might even not have specific dates for release. It's more important to know where we are now than exactly what is coming next.

Cleofatra

#7 » Post by Cleofatra » 06 Aug 2015 16:19

I don't think they should have datas or even guesstimated dates :p. Just show us what's been implemented and what's up next. Would be kinda cool to see even if you kinda know what's come anyway =]

TrixShadow

#8 » Post by TrixShadow » 06 Aug 2015 16:57

I wouldn't mind if they made a page for guild progress along side it. Unless you can use something like wow heroes for that. This is my first time playing on a private server so I'm not sure how that all works.

Roel
Founder

Re: [Pending] Progression bar

#9 » Post by Roel » 06 Aug 2015 18:20

Marked as pending because it can only help people. However this is definitely low priority, it might take a long time before we get it. At the moment you can see release dates at the homepage.

androx

#10 » Post by androx » 06 Aug 2015 19:02

Thank you, Prime! I do agree it's very low priority, however it can be very helpful in the long run.

Rockmaster

#11 » Post by Rockmaster » 07 Aug 2015 09:57

I don't think there should be dates on this timline at all.
It should just show what is available right now and what comes later. Just show the order of content release.

night

[Pending] Add Website Main Page: Current Realm Patching

#12 » Post by night » 15 Jun 2016 20:59

This site merger + nost going down was the worst timing possible and people are still getting lost on what is what. The sites front page is basically all Truewow except the server info 6 lines on the right. The transfer and RAF pages are all True specific, forums need some True/Primal organizing..
Mostly, we are still getting lvl 5's in chat asking what server they are on, the features, state of patches, etc.

Eronox
Honorary Member

Re: The front page needs to be organized. New people are confused...

#13 » Post by Eronox » 16 Jun 2016 14:57

night wrote: Mostly, we are still getting lvl 5's in chat asking what server they are on, the features, state of patches, etc.
I can confirm this, on the TrueWoW side. I've been assisting a countless of players by informing them what TrueWoW and PrimalWoW features for the gamer.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Chillmaster

#14 » Post by Chillmaster » 16 Jun 2016 18:02

Well anything about this game is kinda hard to understand when you are new at it, anyways do you guys have any suggestion for a more organized platform? I can`t think of anything

Eronox
Honorary Member

#15 » Post by Eronox » 02 Mar 2017 20:58

Bump!

One's first impression and sense of understanding is a crucial point for the newcomer!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash