[Accepted] Allow Acquisition of Vengeful Gear {TW}

Vaen

Re: Add Vengeful gear to Meminnie at the Circle of Blood

#46 » Post by Vaen » 19 Apr 2016 17:32

Any ETA on the items doc? Regardless of whether they will cost APs or not. I'm guessing you'd need to change the previously existing items that already cost honor to costing APs if you actually do decide to switch all vengeful to APs.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Doctor_J
Developer

#47 » Post by Doctor_J » 19 Apr 2016 18:27

Well as for s4 prices that is already live since was simply a matter of purging vendor list and readding default items to revert prices back to tc defaults.

Missing S3 hands, shoulders and weapons could possibly be added for tomorrows restart but maybe not.

Doctor_J
Developer

#48 » Post by Doctor_J » 19 Apr 2016 19:36

Ok missing s3 items will be added live after restart, all items cost arena points some require arena rating, as already said prices of s4 items have been reverted to require ap/rating again too

Nyeriah

#49 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Apr 2016 20:26

I don't see a reason why it would cost ap, seeing the other used to cost honor only. The ones I had added followed the prices that already were (34000 honor or whatever).

chickenbutt
Donor

#50 » Post by chickenbutt » 19 Apr 2016 20:27

^TY <3... This thread was about adding the VENGEFUL items to the npc and it kinda feels like Doc hijacked it and turned it into his "time to change tbc pvp gear back to arena points and require high rating while dealing with this guy's suggestion" thread...
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Gnurg

#51 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Apr 2016 21:02

It would encourage people to play more arena, which is kind of needed. :/
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#52 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Apr 2016 21:03

If people don't play arena as it is, then it's unlikely that they'll do it for tbc gear even if just for the looks.

chickenbutt
Donor

#53 » Post by chickenbutt » 19 Apr 2016 21:13

Exactly what Nyeriah said. Lol. Especially. Not even.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Doctor_J
Developer

#54 » Post by Doctor_J » 19 Apr 2016 23:25

the other items from that vendor already cost ap,

it was only s4 which was previously made available for honor, what was available for s3 (gloves/shoulders and some weapons were missing where always for ap has I never changed s3 prices)

and the only reason why s4 was changed from ap/rating to honor after a long and lengthy debate somewhere on forums was that they it was argued that the items were useless for level 80 pvp , and could not be obtained at level 70 as could not obtain ap @ level 70 but items been wanted for transmog has changed that and im pretty sure the people who actually do pvp have plenty of ap which they dont need by now anyway. prices are believe what they was meant to, the only thing I have done really is added the missing hands, gloves and weapons using data from old gc database, other s3 items were for ap anyway but no hands or gloves.

and have simply reverted s4 prices to default , these items did not cost only honor on retail until 4.3

Vaen

#55 » Post by Vaen » 19 Apr 2016 23:52

what was available for s3 (gloves/shoulders and some weapons were missing where always for ap has I never changed s3 prices)
They were sold for APs according to the DB you consulted (which was GC's I think?). What Nyeriah says is that in Truewow only the weapons costed AP and required no rating which is fine tbh. You could just add honor prices to all s3 hands/legs/shoulders/helm/chest items accordingly to what they cost now on truewow (warrior items are all for example available now and cost honor). I see no reason to make vengeful cost APs except weapons since they already costed AP on both servers.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

skyx

Vengeful Gladiator Gear (s3)

#56 » Post by skyx » 24 Aug 2016 18:16

Can the Vengeful Gladiator Gear set be made available for honour points like how the Brutal Gladiator Gear set is for transmog please?

Ratmout
Donor

Re: Vengeful Gladiator Gear (s3)

#57 » Post by Ratmout » 24 Aug 2016 18:53

Agree with it, do it Plz!

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#58 » Post by Hansrutger » 24 Aug 2016 18:55

Moving to suggestion section, please use that section next time.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Doctor_J
Developer

#59 » Post by Doctor_J » 24 Aug 2016 20:47

reason s4 was made available for honor was not for transmog purposes but so that set could be obtained at level 70 when it still has some use rather than getting level 70 at level 80.

S3 is older than S4 and dont see reason why this should also be available for honor,

If you want those items for transmogs do arenas and get them that way then you may actually keep players who want to do arenas happy too.

skyx

#60 » Post by skyx » 25 Aug 2016 15:28

Three points:

1) S1/S2/S3 gear was made available for honour relatively after transmog was introduced on retail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaz86XQxzrU

2)
Doctor_J wrote:... you may actually keep players who want to do arenas happy too.
No thank you.

While I have multiple characters with the 2200 arena rating achievement from my previous server infested with Shadowmourne randoms, the significant time investment (finding reliable partners, queuing, maintaining skill level,etc) is no longer worth my time, especially the lack of variety and limited number of skilled teams (Top 20 atm is mostly SM warrior+healer which is sad and unappealing).

If anything, there should be a ban on some "offending" PvE items in arenas in order to encourage people to play warrior+healer counters but someone below will probably respond with "it is not blizz-like hurr durr".

3) s3 gear currently costs too much arena points to be worth it (rather buy s8 shoulders with the arena points).
Last edited by skyx on 25 Aug 2016 15:53, edited 1 time in total.