[Pending] Wintergrasp Ownership Clock {TW} -- BG is Closed

Fastor

Re: [PenAdd Wintergrasp ownership and countdown near forum c

#16 » Post by Fastor » 15 Mar 2016 11:49

Just to be sure, l wanted this since its visible on every page:
Any other solution is welcome as bonus but not replacement.

Naxp

#17 » Post by Naxp » 15 Mar 2016 19:55

Maybe?

Nyeriah

#18 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Mar 2016 21:12

Naxp wrote:Image

Maybe?
No, that space won't be there on the new website design.

However I was thinking of it being placed to the right, yes

iceshock

Wintergrasp Countdown (website)

#20 » Post by iceshock » 03 Sep 2016 11:57

Hey there,

I have recently seen another's website and it had a wintergrasp countdown timer saying "Next wintergrasp starts in 2hr5min" etc.

I think this is quite neat, and it would promote wintergrasp a little more, one problem im having at the moment and iv recently started picking up PVP, is that there is a little lack of announcement or timers till next battle starts, the only way to know is by opening the honor tab and checking, and iv noticed that recently the battle is won in the first 2 mins of wintergrasp, and most people end up joining 10-15 mins into the actual wintergrasp when there is no point.

I my self and im sure a few others often have TW open in their web browser and having that timer would be quite handy.

Also announcements, i have to ask, maybe im getting a little blind in my old age, but you know how there is announcement "team qued 2v2" etc in the chat box, is there one for wintergrasp? if so i must have missed it sorry heh.

But if there isn't, or even if there is but only says it once, i think there should be Wintergrasp starting in 10 mins, then 5 mins, then 2, 1, wintergrasp has started. it sound's like alot of spam, but it really isn't, in 1 min, the chat box from the previous min is pretty much cleared and gone anyway due to people talking anyway.

Ty for reading :)
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: Wintergrasp Countdown (website)

#21 » Post by Errorista » 03 Sep 2016 12:34

iceshock

#22 » Post by iceshock » 03 Sep 2016 12:40

Erro, you always have to ruin my big plans ^_^ neh just kidding, but dang, feburary! that was so long ago, and still no wintergrasp clock
Bangarang - Inquisition - Guild Leader

Guild Inquisition Website: http://the-inquisition.enjin.com/

Chars:
Spoiler:
Bangarang, Dumont, Shotzfired, Moto, Banearang, Iceshock, Crosshatch, Gopro, SMS, Hdmi, Shotzrfired.
Anybody with a name like me but not listed here ISN'T ME.

Eronox
MVP

Re: [PenAdd Wintergrasp ownership and countdown near forum clock

#23 » Post by Eronox » 03 Sep 2016 14:38

Bump
Fairly easy to add aswell so why hasnt this been done yet :P

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gnurg

#24 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Oct 2016 01:03

Duplicate suggestion. @Errorista - When you find something dirty, don't shove it under the rug, clean it up.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Etro
Honorary Member

#25 » Post by Etro » 11 Oct 2016 01:21

This is not as easy as some of you imagine it to be. The data isn't saved in the DB and there's no core support for it to be fetched directly by the webpage, so that needs to be implemented before anything else is done. And even tho this suggestion is a nice idea, it's not quite on top of the prio list ATM.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Gnurg

#26 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Oct 2016 01:24

We shouldn't forget that there are two realms. Displaying information only relevant for one realm as shown above isn't very practical or astethic at all.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Longi

#27 » Post by Longi » 11 Oct 2016 01:30

you dont need collect informations from database or any core support, if you know that WG will ingame start at 12:00, just set up 4 hours timer on website starting at 12:00 and so on. I think there is no problem to add another clock , stopwatch, timer, something stupid for countdownin to the forum with some collored names :D

Etro
Honorary Member

#28 » Post by Etro » 11 Oct 2016 02:30

Longi wrote:you dont need collect informations from database or any core support, if you know that WG will ingame start at 12:00, just set up 4 hours timer on website starting at 12:00 and so on. I think there is no problem to add another clock , stopwatch, timer, something stupid for countdownin to the forum with some collored names :D
That's not the entirety of the suggestion.
Fastor wrote:Just add countdown clock till next battle but color of text should be blue if Alliance holds it currently or red for Horde.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#29 » Post by Hansrutger » 11 Oct 2016 02:36

Longi wrote:you dont need collect informations from database or any core support, if you know that WG will ingame start at 12:00, just set up 4 hours timer on website starting at 12:00 and so on. I think there is no problem to add another clock , stopwatch, timer, something stupid for countdownin to the forum with some collored names :D
Sadly, would only work in a perfect world where there are no server restart/crashes and all Wintergrasp "games" take 30 minutes to complete, hence would refill the whole 3-possible-hour timeline. Whilst in reality you can shorten the fight by 10 minutes which concludes the next battle to not start (from battlestart to battlestart) 3 hours later.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Longi

#30 » Post by Longi » 11 Oct 2016 02:40

Hansrutger wrote:
Sadly, would only work in a perfect world where there are no server restart/crashes and all Wintergrasp "games" take 30 minutes to complete, hence would refill the whole 3-possible-hour timeline. Whilst in reality you can shorten the fight by 10 minutes which concludes the next battle to not start (from battlestart to battlestart) 3 hours later.
hmm you are right, I didnt think about it from this perspective :( but anyway many servers have this option so it cannot be that hard to apply