[Pending] Split Donation and Vote Points + Allow Gifting Through Donation Points

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: Gifting people!

#16 » Post by Hansrutger » 30 Dec 2015 15:52

I wouldn't really mind having to press one extra button to be honest, if it could solve this lol.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Wilcox

#17 » Post by Wilcox » 30 Dec 2015 15:59

Nyeriah wrote:
Wilcox wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:Honestly, whatever we come through right now would be just a detour from what probably should have been done from the start, which is, splitting the points originating from donations and voting. From the amounts of work required, and how less intuitive it might be, I'm not sure now if we'd wish to do it at this point. So it needs some time to see what'd be the best approach to it.
so let's make it like this.

voting gives you vote points, donating gives you donation points

prices on the market are all the same, for example, faction change is 500 vote points and 500 donation points, but additionally you can use donation points to gift stuff to other players. however, with vote points you won't be able to

get me?
What you described is the clear assumption of how it would work if split. Which eventually is exactly what I said when I mentioned it should have been split from the start.

You're ignoring that whatever approach is decided, it'll still need to be put to work. I haven't even looked at the shop scripts yet to see how 'easy' would any changes bend in. However it's safe to assume a redesign won't come in easily.

I also assume vote points would have priority over donation points when consolidating a sale. Also, users would likely not be able to complete the points they're missing by mixing currencies (which might be inconvenient).

These are the two first things that passed through my mind when I wrote that. I guess more will show up once we start working on it, if we start working on it.

It's not the "go and do the obvious" kind of thing. Get me? [emoji14]
aye just saying

Doctor_J
Developer

#18 » Post by Doctor_J » 30 Dec 2015 16:24

ye sounds a good idea for donations only so that the vote points go to a different account of donators choice,
Play Chars

Demonscream 80 Blood Elf Destruction Warlock
Xora 80 Undead Shadow/Holy Priest
Betelgeuse 80 Undead Arcane Mage
Esteban 80 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin
Artfuldodger 80 Human Assasination Rogue
Makka 80 Orc Beast Master Hunter
Cheetara 80 Tauren Balance/resto Druid
Gloriosa 80 Troll Resto/Elemental Shaman
Blotto 80 Undead Fury Warrior

Angelscream 80 Human Warlock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gm's

Docmin
Docmina

Nyeriah

#19 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Oct 2016 05:54

Pending