[Pending] Learn All Spells and Get Starter Mount on Transfer

YNAbbas

[Pending] Learn All Spells and Get Starter Mount on Transfer

#1 » Post by YNAbbas » 16 Jun 2015 03:04

As someone who played here long ago and recently just came with a fresh transfered character, I found that it was a bit messy with the whole transfering system. Now, I know I just came back here and it is not my intention to critisize, it is purely for suggesting an improvement. :)

So when I first logged in on my transfered character (retail transfered) I was granted 6500 gold and 600 emblems of heroism. The issue, however, is that I found myself in problems almost immediately. What I first did was go train by the riding trainer to unlock flying and cold weather flying, which resulted with me only having 194 gold. That is when I came to realize that I wouldn't afford my class training costs nor afford to purchase a ground and flying mount. So I contacted a GM and was assisted with information that it wasn't intended for me to purchase artisan riding.

I later went to the emblem vendors and with emblems of heroism, I wouldn't be able to purchase equipment that would cover all my slots, which immediately removed the possibility for me to buy tanking gear (which was something I intended to be). I ended up deciding to just purchase basic DPS gear with a mixture of PvE, PvP and heirlooms; which still didn't cover all my slots.

So for the improvements...
  • 1. Players should be granted rare questing/crafted gear ranging from 79-80. I mean it should already be in the bags;
    2. Already pre-learned riding skills;
    3. Around 1000-1200 gold just for the sake of class training. And some extra to purchase glyphs, gems and enchants;
    4. pre-learned dual wield talent specialization;
    5. Northrend fully explored.

I think these improvements would've done it for me. I am no quitter, so I don't expect these to now be granted to me if this should be implemented. I am currently leveling a death knight and making my transfered a ore and herb gatherer, so I am all good.

I hope for some GM response or member discussion perhaps! Cheers. :roll:
Last edited by YNAbbas on 16 Jun 2015 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Lookin' good Cannonball Run!

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: Transfer "Improvements"

#2 » Post by Hansrutger » 16 Jun 2015 03:35

600 EoH = 30 gems (Red-Blue-Yellow) = 200g each (if we're being cheap) = 6000g (see calculation below)
600/20 = 30
30 * 200 = 6000

6000g + 6500g = 12500g for starting

For a paladin it took me 1200g I believe, to train everything.
12500 - 1200 = 11300g left

Mount expenses:
Apprentice - 4g
Journeyman - 50g
Expert - 250g
Artisan - 5000g
Cold Weather - 1000g
Total: 6304g

11300 - 6304 = 4996g left

Bottom line of badly written economic report:
You haz 4996g to spend on booze in Dalaran's Inn!

For real though, 600 EoH and 6500g is enough in my opinion lawl. You can probably get even more gold for selling the gems for like 300g. Also the heroism vendor does indeed not fill every slot, that is a bit depressing I know. I am still missing a chest piece on my paladin I transfered "Palatastic" (belendor please be jelly, I have 7 paladins now) and I had to put a tabard in front of it just to not get all the ladies attention away from Blackluster (hihi <3). But you know that doesn't stop you from trying to gather gear other ways. There is reputation gear, LFG premades for ToC5n etc.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Jun 2015 03:56

We are already discussing some of the changes here mentioned (mostly related to the spells and money).

YNAbbas

#4 » Post by YNAbbas » 16 Jun 2015 04:16

Hansrutger wrote:600 EoH = 30 gems (Red-Blue-Yellow) = 200g each (if we're being cheap) = 6000g (see calculation below)
600/20 = 30
30 * 200 = 6000

6000g + 6500g = 12500g for starting

For a paladin it took me 1200g I believe, to train everything.
12500 - 1200 = 11300g left

Mount expenses:
Apprentice - 4g
Journeyman - 50g
Expert - 250g
Artisan - 5000g
Cold Weather - 1000g
Total: 6304g

11300 - 6304 = 4996g left

Bottom line of badly written economic report:
You haz 4996g to spend on booze in Dalaran's Inn!

For real though, 600 EoH and 6500g is enough in my opinion lawl. You can probably get even more gold for selling the gems for like 300g. Also the heroism vendor does indeed not fill every slot, that is a bit depressing I know. I am still missing a chest piece on my paladin I transfered "Palatastic" (belendor please be jelly, I have 7 paladins now) and I had to put a tabard in front of it just to not get all the ladies attention away from Blackluster (hihi <3). But you know that doesn't stop you from trying to gather gear other ways. There is reputation gear, LFG premades for ToC5n etc.
Well, you make a valid point. I guess auctions and business has never ever been my territory in World of Warcraft.
Lookin' good Cannonball Run!

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 16 Jun 2015 13:38

Well yea. Some guilds also provide free enchants if you're in the right guild of course. So gems and enchants should not be that big of an issue.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster