[Rejected] Shadowmourne disable in PvP

Longi

Re: Shadowmourne disable in PvP

#76 » Post by Longi » 24 Apr 2015 00:43

SyntaxError wrote:For the past three pages or so the same points have just been repeated over and over with different words... my suggestion is disable all PvP! No pvp, no pvp QQ, no problem (well maybe no server then, but hey! Problem solving can be funny like that).
+1

[hide]Yes, I read his hidden message[/hide]

Fastor

#77 » Post by Fastor » 24 Apr 2015 00:49

Well at least people went from idea of removing weapon from arena to lowering its effect down to LK25HC weapon which is same ilvl by removing proc.

Now which remains is to solve sort idea is it easy to get SM or not especially compared to LK25HC weapon, as that is final "problem" about having SM in arena.

@ those two above this post
As much as l hate arena l refer from posting stuff like that, please do same. Blizzard introduced it in WoW so we are stuck with it and cant run away and still possess Blizzclone title.

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#78 » Post by SyntaxError » 24 Apr 2015 00:55

Fastor wrote:@ those two above this post
As much as l hate arena l refer from posting stuff like that, please do same. Blizzard introduced it in WoW so we are stuck with it and cant run away and possess Blizzclone title.
Clearly you missed the underlying message of my post :P Which was: suggestion is silly, chances of it being implemented are slim.

This thread seriously looks like that twink shit that went on a while back (or is that still going on?) and everyone who seems so passionate about it should be ashamed. (You've dealt with it for what, 4-5 years? What's changed now that this is suddenly a priority? Oh hold on, we're just sticking to the annual SM QQ schedule)
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!

Fastor

#79 » Post by Fastor » 24 Apr 2015 01:01

My priority is that someone opened topic about SM without fear that would be locked like previous topics. Now its more important as SM is fixed to stack from abilities. Imagine how much l would be screwed if l do Mirror Images on DK and he do Pestilence on them?

Just please avoid topics from suggestion section that you consider funny when other staff members take interests.

Nyeriah

#80 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Apr 2015 01:12

Why would you be screwed if you Mirror Image a DK? Only AoE that DKs have that give shards is Howling Blast, you surely won't see a DK with shadowmourne howling at you...

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#81 » Post by SyntaxError » 24 Apr 2015 01:16

Fastor wrote:Just please avoid topics from suggestion section that you consider funny when other staff members take interests.
Missing the point again, I am openly mocking this whole spiel to point out how silly it all is. (Besides who are you to say that I haven't been following this since it's inception, just never thought it worthwhile to step in yet?)
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!

Ancestor

#82 » Post by Ancestor » 24 Apr 2015 07:45

Dont disable it...qq only ppl who cant get against SM wearers, example if 3 SM and geared retris attack u, ofcos ur dead in seconds, its not about SM whats inbalancing it, its pve/furi/rele vs wf gear and skills...seen SM warr having problems to kill rele geared disc...it not that OP :D

KEEP IT BLIZZ

Fivecapz

#83 » Post by Fivecapz » 24 Apr 2015 15:58

Nyeriah wrote:Why would you be screwed if you Mirror Image a DK? Only AoE that DKs have that give shards is Howling Blast, you surely won't see a DK with shadowmourne howling at you...

wandering plague. is a real thing. tested it yesterday.
He who say's he can, and he who say's he cant, are both usually right.

Sinnerly

#84 » Post by Sinnerly » 25 Apr 2015 01:49

that would be utterly unfair to people who earned it and stuff + it take the blizzlikeness away
Sinnerly - level 66 rogue (first char ever idk shit about rogues)
Sinnerx - level 80 warrior prot / fury
Maurelius - level 80 DK frost / unholy

Myaoming
Former Staff

#85 » Post by Myaoming » 25 Apr 2015 02:35

So as I can see, you want SM disabled in Arena, but you're fine with having other 284 LK25hc weapons. Which means that most of your SM complaints are related to its proc /be captain obvious.

Well, alright, it's unfair. A Shadowmourne is a 284 LK25hc weapon and a trinket merged together. So basically, people complaints are about Warriors, Paladins, and DKs having a virtual 3rd trinket slot that no other class can have. Isn't that somehow comparable to Human's racial that lets them equip 2 DPS trinkets? Sure, most classes can be played as Human, but not everyone will reroll Human because of that racial, just like not everyone will reroll Warrior, Paladin or DK because of Shadowmourne.

So seriously, I don't care what you think of what I'm saying right now, but you complaining about Shadowmourne's proc is just like complaining about Human's racial to me (except for the case of a Human Warrior, Paladin or DK, these have 3 DPS trinkets :D)
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

ItchyVortex

#86 » Post by ItchyVortex » 25 Apr 2015 02:51

Humans racial costs the ability to meld cc, remove bleeds, aoe silence, extra fear trinket, etc...
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Psychotic

#87 » Post by Psychotic » 25 Apr 2015 02:54

Also gives no resilience which everybody ignores like resilience doesnt matter at all.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#88 » Post by Myaoming » 25 Apr 2015 03:12

Even though my point was just focusing on the damage advantage of things, I admit the comparision was generally exaggerated :D

On a more serious note, +1 to Screwdis and his idea of removing the buff in Arena!

Edited.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

marko1984

#89 » Post by marko1984 » 25 Apr 2015 08:37

From this topic and the one about the new arena season its obvious that ppl cant be pleased here... and i dont mean some ppl, i pretty much mean everyone
I see ppl with SM complaining here but supporting 2v2 topic and ppl without SM complaining on 2v2 topic because of ppl with SM
WOTLK is outdated... it wasnt suposse to last more then a few months and we have it for so many years, das for we have way too many SM wielders, and it does make server PVP unbalanced. But is it fair to remove it or remove its buff isnt the decision that can be made by this community... Decision should be made by GMs or not made at all. If u keep asking ppl u are just gona keep making flame wars (even tho this is kinda peacefull topic)
IMO only way to balance the PVP on TW is to make everyone play in PVP gear only which is impossible.

Also i see ppl complaining how this solution is unblizzlike here and yet supporting topic for 2v2 awards which is kinda hypocriticall but meh
I changed my opinion...
-1 here and same on new arena season thing, leave it as it is again after all its only ''BLIZZLIKE''
Three mages!

Longi

#90 » Post by Longi » 25 Apr 2015 08:52

Why ppl call this server "blizlike" did you notice how many non-blizzlike things work here? :-D after all these years of wotlk every server will do same...
- Merge
- Close
- Non blizzlike things or events

Its all about marketing and bring more players. If ppl do same shit for years. It becomes boring and server will start lost players so they have to change rules, minds and so on :-) just to make server more interesting for New players. You cant stay on same shit long time or only option will be " close " .
So give them chance. Some of that New ideas re rly nice.. some no :-D