[Rejected] Shadowmourne disable in PvP

Nyeriah

Re: Shadowmourne disable in PvP

#91 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Apr 2015 09:04

If we're still alive it's because we're strict when it comes to custom things. We can't compete with fun servers, there's thousands of them. So no, in response to the previous post, changing things to please bored players will just help it briefly until the bored players get bored again (because clearly if they had enough of the game then doubtfully there's anything we can do to help it). Once we get to the funserver status or to put it less drastically: a 'server with fun features' then there's hardly a way back from there. People may get upset and leave and these won't be returning even if everything gets reverted.

I think the intention of balancing things is a valid one but I also think it's striving the game from how it was supposed to be played (and that to me is death).

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#92 » Post by SyntaxError » 25 Apr 2015 21:53

Nyeriah wrote:I think the intention of balancing things is a valid one but I also think it's striving the game from how it was supposed to be played (and that to me is death).
Pretty much what I said in the arena-dampening thread without obfuscation. This is WoW people, WoW never makes concessions, either your eat your 'unbalanced' classes/items or you move to another MMO. Strangely enough whenever I speak to a retail player they're all like "Yeah this and this is really awesome, but PvP was best during Wrath".

Look at the bright side, at least no legendary dagger QQ like Cata had.

(Besides, no such thing as perfect balance has ever been achieved outside games like UT and Quake where you don't have predefined abilities and everyone has the same access to the same 'gear'. If you want something with stats, at some point something will become 'unbalanced', either that, or terribly boring.)
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!

Karter
Donor

#93 » Post by Karter » 25 Apr 2015 22:55

SyntaxError wrote:Look at the bright side, at least no legendary dagger QQ like Cata had.
Golad and TIriosh ftw.
Anyway, it's not as hard to fight a shadowmourne class as many people say it is. It definitely is difficult but not impossible.
I play a rogue, which funny enough is bugged in a horrible way (pls fix poison proc chance, it's been years already), and I manage to beat shadowmourne platers from time to time. All you need to do is pop your friggin cooldowns, and if you don't have any, you're fucked.

But yeah, shadowmourne is OP as fuck but it's in the game and it should be usable by anyone who managed to complete the difficult questline to get it.

The issue here isn't shadowmourne itself, it's the huge amount of shadowmournes that are currently in existance.
This patch we're on wasn't supposed to last this long, so people got (and still have) a lot more time to get the legendary axe than they should have, and that will become an issue later whether we like it or not, and something SHOULD be done about it.
Samsung
Karter @Truewow - Private
Rotmaw @Karazhan - Retail
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

ItchyVortex

#94 » Post by ItchyVortex » 26 Apr 2015 01:58

Karter wrote:
SyntaxError wrote:Look at the bright side, at least no legendary dagger QQ like Cata had.
Golad and TIriosh ftw.
Anyway, it's not as hard to fight a shadowmourne class as many people say it is. It definitely is difficult but not impossible.
I play a rogue, which funny enough is bugged in a horrible way (pls fix poison proc chance, it's been years already), and I manage to beat shadowmourne platers from time to time. All you need to do is pop your friggin cooldowns, and if you don't have any, you're fucked.

But yeah, shadowmourne is OP as fuck but it's in the game and it should be usable by anyone who managed to complete the difficult questline to get it.

The issue here isn't shadowmourne itself, it's the huge amount of shadowmournes that are currently in existance.
This patch we're on wasn't supposed to last this long, so people got (and still have) a lot more time to get the legendary axe than they should have, and that will become an issue later whether we like it or not, and something SHOULD be done about it.
Valid points but smourne itself is an issue... If there was a weap with 200 ilvl's higher than smourne but only one player per server could use it, would it be balanced?
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Karter
Donor

#95 » Post by Karter » 26 Apr 2015 02:31

ItchyVortex wrote:Valid points but smourne itself is an issue... If there was a weap with 200 ilvl's higher than smourne but only one player per server could use it, would it be balanced?
Nope, but that's the game we play and we have to accept it or play a different game if we really don't agree with that.
But our server is not the case, because like I said, this patch lasted way longer than it should have so everyone is getting too much time to get Shadowmourne.
On retail it wasn't such a huge problem because the patch lasted 10 months (10 months to do the whole quest chain and progress to killing the Lich King in 25n, first kill taking place around 2/3 months after the patch's release), after which SM became obsolete.
Plus we have to also note that their playerbase is way bigger, which allowed for more diversity in battlegrounds and not as big of a chance to face SM players everywhere, whereas we pretty much have a set PVP playerbase with the same familiar faces everyday.

I think the staff members should take note of what is happening and think of a solution, because this will get out of hand sooner or later.

And dare I say that this unbalance could destroy PVP on our server.
Samsung
Karter @Truewow - Private
Rotmaw @Karazhan - Retail
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

boomboom

#96 » Post by boomboom » 26 Apr 2015 03:39

SMourne gives +300 skill...you say there aren't many warrs in top 10...take sm away and see how further down they will drop.Atleast remove the proc make it less noob friendly,its ridicilous to not to be able to outheal/kite the dmg of someone that backpedals behind you. Sm carries to many ppl.

Watson1988

#97 » Post by Watson1988 » 26 Apr 2015 12:22

Regent and Boris already said it quite concisely. Disable SM's trinket component to make it on par with the other top end PvE weapons in arena and maybe even in BG.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#98 » Post by Hansrutger » 26 Apr 2015 13:38

boomboom wrote:SMourne gives +300 skill...you say there aren't many warrs in top 10...take sm away and see how further down they will drop.Atleast remove the proc make it less noob friendly,its ridicilous to not to be able to outheal/kite the dmg of someone that backpedals behind you. Sm carries to many ppl.
Then why make a class that is not topping too much suffer more? Not to speak of that paladins and death knights also will be affected by this. Blizzard didn't have any "no SM in PvP" rule so we shouldn't either. If we are going to be blizzlike in PvE with fixing for instance seals for paladins and other things for dks and hunters then we should act the same in PvP with trying to be Blizzlike.

Also stating that retail had only a few SM wielders well then we can go ahead and ban SM in pve too since there weren't many SM wielders there either.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

boomboom

#99 » Post by boomboom » 26 Apr 2015 13:49

Warrior in wotlk is quite strong,it does not need a weapon such as SM to pull his own weight. People here can't play this class without SM as I said it acts as a skill boost and Blizzard did not have Wotlk for 3-4 years or w/e and the population on their realms is...well you know much bigger. To have a few tens of people with SM on a realm with 3k or more people its ok, but to have this many people with SM in a server with our population its not ok at all. I'm just sayin.

Psychotic

#100 » Post by Psychotic » 26 Apr 2015 15:19

boomboom wrote:People here can't play this class without SM
Sure thing honey.

Dysphoria

#101 » Post by Dysphoria » 26 Apr 2015 15:45

Thing that bother me more is class imbalance on server .... Sure SM is powerful weapon , but I'm sick of all warriors ,paladins, DKs , they make majority of population and like on retail devs should somehow balance things.
Recken Destruction

x00er00

#102 » Post by x00er00 » 26 Apr 2015 15:59

Truewow as a server is and it had always been BLIZZLIKE all the many servers that became part of this project ( trough the merging process )that is home to so many of us where BLIZZLIKE all players are found of playing on Truewow because of in the end it beeing BLIZZLIKE .
Any item in game regardless if we talk about a certain legendary axe or a level 1 green item is part of WOW and is therefore BLIZZLIKE any modifications of any effect witch such items might have or affecting how they work in the PVE or PVP environment will create on the first hand a very dangerous precedent ( what will happen if lets say some part of the playerbase will decide that they want PNL or DFO or TAJ or .... modified next ? <--- or any other item really ) on the other hand any modification of the items that are obtainable by a player on the current WOTLK content puts us on the path of the fun servers path with custom NON BLIZZLIKE modifications.
I've seen many arguments that say WOTLK was not supposed to run for so many years <--- ( wake up ppls u play on a WOTLK private server ---- hint is WOTLK here ) the infinite duration of our current expansion shouldn't be a reason for witch the use of certain items in various PVP or PVE environment should be denied of a player.
I;ve also seen ppls saying retail had only a handful of ppls running around with certain legendary items during WOTLK expansion due to the size of retail and other things and how we should emulate the situation on retail here ( don't flame me for saying it but this is the conclusion that we can reach after reading those posts ) If a player had enough dedication to play here in order to get a legendary and he is still dedicated and he /she is still playing and being an active part of the community it goes without saying that the players should be entitled to use their items anyway they see fit in the GAMEWORLD ( yes both PVE and PVP parts of it ) as long as it is within the rules bounds.
We should be more attentive as a community with what things we bother the ADMINS and how we want their very valuable volunteered time to be spent .... striving to provide a custom modification witch is NOT BLIZZLIKE or instead spending the above mentioned time on many more important projects that i am sure will follow whenever they will think is the correct time for them such as The Ruby Sanctum 25 hc / a fix for Ring of Valor or Wintergrasp's scripting.
All the best ....
Aftermathzz

boomboom

#103 » Post by boomboom » 26 Apr 2015 16:07

Why do non pvpers keep posting here? Is it blizzlike for every melee to have Sm in 2s as default weapon? Everyone and his mom have Sm here and at this rate 4 out of 5 warr/dk u meet in arena will have SM.How blizzlike it is for everyone to run around with that weapon? We just ask to kill that proc in arena,nothing more.

x00er00

#104 » Post by x00er00 » 26 Apr 2015 16:18

I hadn't known this sanbox is opened only for the Pvp perspective. I Pvp when i want to but not in the way you do..
Now on topic... You are not asking only for its effect to be modified in arenas you are asking them to create a very dangerous precedent by making NON BLIZZLIKE modifications...the game should be played in Pvp as it is ... or the issue that steams here is the fact that some peoples cannot beat players using legendary items and they want the items modified so they will have a chance ?

boomboom

#105 » Post by boomboom » 26 Apr 2015 16:33

Ofc you don't pvp like we do...and when I say we I speak for all those guys out there who dedicate most of their wow time to arenas or bgs,you dont know frustrating it is to see both ur dps almost one shoted by one bs...you understand what I'm saying? to almost kill 2 ppl by a press of a button? Charge+BS is a trend here cuz it bloody works...they dont even bother to apply any debuffs sometimes.It's just ridiculous how a backpedal can force some cds out of you simply because he has that weapon.SM has an invisible stat saying"equip:300 skill".The team with SM will always have an advantage over those who havent got the weapon on an arena of equal skill.