[Rejected] Shadowmourne disable in PvP

Pivopija

Re: Shadowmourne disable in PvP

#121 » Post by Pivopija » 26 Apr 2015 18:51

This is a worst suggestion pvp wise i ever saw..all those ppl who QQ about sm in pvp go PTR or some server where u can get insta 80 and sm and try it out, i em sure it wont make u pvp God..there is so many player with Sm who just sux:P so i dare u all do your best get Sm and que arena..after u get owned from cloth teams like Spriest/fmage or some other combo..u ll see how Sm is not grant u 100% win..and about two same skill team, there is no such thing...This is big -1 imo :)

Nyeriah

#122 » Post by Nyeriah » 26 Apr 2015 18:56

Fivecapz wrote: also nyeriah we asked you to come check stuff out on IRC, you politely declined, i personally cannot use the bugtracked, cuz it's extremely unfriendly for those who see it for the first time IMO, so i rather just report bugs to a person as in, to a GM that could possibly take it further to the dev, since that's the easiest way i know of.
There's a brief guide here http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=11664 it should walk you through the most unfriendly parts of it.

People report things to me in person all of the time, and I end up forgetting about them. Because I get asked to do things from everyone, and while I know there's a list of things that I need to do, they end pilling up and I end up not feeling like doing anything. Once reported at the tracker at least I won't forget about it and will look into it when the time and my motivation allows me, and if I don't, then the other developers can tackle at it too if it's their wish to do so.

I couldn't come when you asked for me because I was at that exact moment working on something that had been neglected for a while already.

Fivecapz

#123 » Post by Fivecapz » 26 Apr 2015 18:59

Nyeriah wrote:
Fivecapz wrote: also nyeriah we asked you to come check stuff out on IRC, you politely declined, i personally cannot use the bugtracked, cuz it's extremely unfriendly for those who see it for the first time IMO, so i rather just report bugs to a person as in, to a GM that could possibly take it further to the dev, since that's the easiest way i know of.
There's a brief guide here http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=11664 it should walk you through the most unfriendly parts of it.

People report things to me in person all of the time, and I end up forgetting about them. Because I get asked to do things from everyone, and while I know there's a list of things that I need to do, they end pilling up and I end up not feeling like doing anything. Once reported at the tracker at least I won't forget about it and will look into it when the time and my motivation allows me, and if I don't, then the other developers can tackle at it too if it's their wish to do so.

I couldn't come when you asked for me because I was at that exact moment working on something that had been neglected for a while already.

i know that you could not come, hence me saying '' politely declined '' - cuz it pretty much was how it went, so theres no need to explain yourself. but still, i rather just report them in person. that's just how i am thats all.
He who say's he can, and he who say's he cant, are both usually right.

ItchyVortex

#124 » Post by ItchyVortex » 26 Apr 2015 19:04

Nobody said smourne is free win, its just unbalanced. The whole point of arena is to have competitive PvP with actual balance.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

x00er00

#125 » Post by x00er00 » 26 Apr 2015 20:53

When we start making NON BLIZZLIKE modifications in order for some ppls to be happy it spells doom.... i cannot even begin to describe how such a thing will create a very VERY bad precedent ..... ( i learned in time that ppls will never be content ) what is next ... let me tell you ... erm soon it will be no icc25hc weapons in Pvp ( because "unfair " advantages ) or soon they will say trinkets are bad if they happen to be Taj or Dfo or stuff like that .
I am somewhat surprised in the wrong way to see someone like Fastor to whom i have a lot of respect for not understanding why is very bad even to contemplate making NON BLIZZLIKE modifications .... this has the potential to do a lot of damage to a community .... while trying to "make things balanced " for some ppls who like to spend 24/7 time in arenas and bgs other big parts of the community will come forward very displeased by such modifications.
I will stress it again MODIFICATIONS of ingame items their effects ( no matter the level ) in one word the way they are supposed to work as in moving from BLIZZLIKE ( i define an item beeing blizzlike as it beeing possible to be obtained by a player during normal gameplay and the item being part of the current expansion ) to something that is for sure NON BLIZZLIKE should not even be considered much less discussed or finding ways how to implement such abomination.
Such things should be beyond the whims and wants of the player base.

Fastor

#126 » Post by Fastor » 26 Apr 2015 21:25

ItchyVortex wrote:Nobody said smourne is free win, its just unbalanced. The whole point of arena is to have competitive PvP with actual balance.
+ >9000!

Fivecapz

#127 » Post by Fivecapz » 26 Apr 2015 22:01

x00er00 wrote:When we start making NON BLIZZLIKE modifications in order for some ppls to be happy it spells doom.... i cannot even begin to describe how such a thing will create a very VERY bad precedent ..... ( i learned in time that ppls will never be content ) what is next ... let me tell you ... erm soon it will be no icc25hc weapons in Pvp ( because "unfair " advantages ) or soon they will say trinkets are bad if they happen to be Taj or Dfo or stuff like that .
I am somewhat surprised in the wrong way to see someone like Fastor to whom i have a lot of respect for not understanding why is very bad even to contemplate making NON BLIZZLIKE modifications .... this has the potential to do a lot of damage to a community .... while trying to "make things balanced " for some ppls who like to spend 24/7 time in arenas and bgs other big parts of the community will come forward very displeased by such modifications.
I will stress it again MODIFICATIONS of ingame items their effects ( no matter the level ) in one word the way they are supposed to work as in moving from BLIZZLIKE ( i define an item beeing blizzlike as it beeing possible to be obtained by a player during normal gameplay and the item being part of the current expansion ) to something that is for sure NON BLIZZLIKE should not even be considered much less discussed or finding ways how to implement such abomination.
Such things should be beyond the whims and wants of the player base.

obviously you havent read the whole topic, i urge you to go do that before making any more statements. thanks.

Folkk

#128 » Post by Folkk » 26 Apr 2015 22:04

gecko32 wrote:Could disable proc in arena then it's is about the same as lk 25hc weapon.
Most reasonable solution was suggested since page 1. +1 from me.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Longi

#129 » Post by Longi » 26 Apr 2015 22:25

Just look to the database and link them how many players get New sm per month :-D every noob have it now. AS anyone wrote already this is plate server with many SMs after all these years.

Wilcox

#130 » Post by Wilcox » 26 Apr 2015 23:04

even fjord has shadowmourne.. come on guys

Pivopija

#131 » Post by Pivopija » 26 Apr 2015 23:11

Well i would like to see all u guys( fastor, five .itchy..etc ) name me one warr wich u cant win 1v1 with sm and if he equip idk Wf axe maybe u will own him..so basically Sm is reason of hes win...to see that unbalance pvp with Sm..

Karter
Donor

#132 » Post by Karter » 26 Apr 2015 23:28

Pivopija wrote:Well i would like to see all u guys( fastor, five .itchy..etc ) name me one warr wich u cant win 1v1 with sm and if he equip idk Wf axe maybe u will own him..so basically Sm is reason of hes win...to see that unbalance pvp with Sm..
Anyday.
Samsung
Karter @Truewow - Private
Rotmaw @Karazhan - Retail
Foohy @Karazhan - Retail

ItchyVortex

#133 » Post by ItchyVortex » 27 Apr 2015 00:25

Pivopija wrote:Well i would like to see all u guys( fastor, five .itchy..etc ) name me one warr wich u cant win 1v1 with sm and if he equip idk Wf axe maybe u will own him..so basically Sm is reason of hes win...to see that unbalance pvp with Sm..
Thats actually not that hard, if a warr with half a brain and smourne gets nice RNG (crits and no procs for druid) he can burst feral out of nothing, the same is much harder to pull with wf axe.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Fivecapz

#134 » Post by Fivecapz » 27 Apr 2015 00:31

any warrior that knows what a warrior class is. and whats it suppost to do.

Rogue and Fire mage.

Longi

#135 » Post by Longi » 27 Apr 2015 02:02

Nyeriah wrote:If we're still alive it's because we're strict when it comes to custom things. We can't compete with fun servers, there's thousands of them. So no, in response to the previous post, changing things to please bored players will just help it briefly until the bored players get bored again (because clearly if they had enough of the game then doubtfully there's anything we can do to help it). Once we get to the funserver status or to put it less drastically: a 'server with fun features' then there's hardly a way back from there. People may get upset and leave and these won't be returning even if everything gets....
No this server isnt alive because of "blizzlike" we re still alive because all these merges and because you as stuff have more "free" mind dont be like blizzlike :-)