Add Website Main Page: "About Us/FAQ"

YourStepDad

Add Website Main Page: "About Us/FAQ"

#1 » Post by YourStepDad » 07 Nov 2014 09:18

As the title says, I think you guys should make an an "about/general information/server features/what we offer" section for when you hover over the "server" tab on the site.

I think that it's without bias when I say I'm convinced you offer the most blizzlike and retail-like experience out there. The people checking out the website need to know this.

I think you should shamelessly boast with whatever the server has to offer in a nutshell, which something I personally check for first whenever checking out a server; to read up about the experience rates, working content, scripts, how bugfree it is etc. Basically all that it has to offer. (Especially that it offers transfers)

When I saw the playerbase(it was the polar opposite of peak times when i first did) and no features tab anywhere I got the wrong first impressions and thought that this was just another unremarkable server in a pit of many. I was not convinced at a first glance and have actually left, only to thankfully do my research two days later and find just how wrong i was.

I believe first impressions are unfortunately important and when like me people browse one of many wow top 100 lists something needs to grab their attention or they may just skip the server.

P.S.

On that note the website design, while it's quite nice and I like it, it's not a blizzlike copycat such as dalaran/molten and some other sites are. I believe attempting to mimic blizzard would better imply the quality the server has and better captivate people checking the site out.

Fastor

Re: You should add a "general information" under the server

#2 » Post by Fastor » 07 Nov 2014 09:22

Well we have server info on right side of first page truewow.org but l believe even that first page also need to be changed. Your idea is somewhat good and is also could pointed out for signatures on voting sites which also need change.

l will try to make some short info myself and let others see if fit.

YourStepDad

#3 » Post by YourStepDad » 07 Nov 2014 09:36

Yeah, putting it on the right under "New to the server?" is what I actually meant, but I was looking at the "server" as I was writing so I got confused.

The right side is good and generally is where most servers put their general info, and as of now general info is absent there so yes I think putting it there would be ideal. :)

Etro
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Etro » 07 Nov 2014 10:29

YourStepDad wrote:On that note the website design, while it's quite nice and I like it, it's not a blizzlike copycat such as dalaran/molten and some other sites are. I believe attempting to mimic blizzard would better imply the quality the server has and better captivate people checking the site out.
I don't think we should aim to ba copycat in that regard. We are a server that 'attempts' to replicate the WoW game experience Blizzard gave in WotLK, but we're not trying to be like Blizzard. Copying anyone in anything is lazy and implies lack of dedication, IMO.

We are not Blizzard, we are TrueWoW, and we should attempt to make WotLK better than Blizzard could. The "Blizzlike" adjective should remain in the rates and game mechanics only, otherwise it might stall us. At least that's how I think it should be...

In short, I'm tired of the Blizzlike fail argument to the bone...
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 08 Nov 2014 00:12

Ok l was lazy today so l will only write concept.

Four aspects of playing:

I PVE
II PVP

Ia PVE Solo: Questing, mobs on way, events, achievements, XP, drop rates.
Ib PVE Group: Dungeons, Raids, world bosses.
IIa PVP Arena: Arena points rate, activity, seasons
IIb PVP BG: Honor rate, number of working bg, activity, twinking.

Additional notes: Voting, Vote shop, Donations, GM activity, Developer activity, Spells and abilities, Time running, Location, Server info, population number, transfers, R-a-F.

Questing: Most of quests working (over 95%) and most of those that are bugged can be solved with Quest Completer tool. This is unique. Can point this out first as no one else have.

Mobs on way: behaviour as agro range, out of combat range, speed, abilities, talk if any.
Events: World events, battleground weekends, fishing contests, dark moon fair, RDF, RDF HC, Raid Finder, custom.
Achievements: number of working achievements and at which part bugged. We might point out that over 50 players earned "Its Over 9000!!!" on this server. General, Quests, Exploration, Professions, Reputation work completely, World Events and Dungeons and Raids missing few.
XP and drop rates: x1.

Dungeons: number of it working and how well scripted. All are working and few are with minor bugs.
Raids: number of it working and how well scripted. Most raids are opened, fixing of known bugs is in progress.
World bosses: well this is not anymore interesting but only one is making problem.

Arena points rate: x1
Activity: Arena on server is active, mostly 2v2 bracket.
Seasons: They last 6 months. When seasons ends all ratings are reset and top ranked teams are rewarded with titles and mounts.

Honor rate: x1
Number of working battlegrounds: WSG, AB, EoTS, SotA, AV are working with fixes needed for SotA and AV. IoC fixing is in progress.
Activity: Most active bracket is at lvl 80, usually in morning or at evening depending on online players. Of lower level 10-19 and 70-79 are active.
Twinking: On both sides of fractions there are active "Twink only" guilds making those who prefer twinking welcomed.

Voting are based per will of players, no player is forced to vote to be able to play on server or to have better status or items other than in Vote shop.
Vote shop posses only items that are not connected with drastic gameplay change such as endgame gear. Vote shop posses mount, companions, tabards, fun items and heirloom items for low levels to assist in leveling. They cost vote points which are awarded by voting or donations.
Donations are also based on free will of players which are not bound to do it. Donations are not used for getting endgame gear nor for other benefits. Donators will receive gift of Vote Points which can be used for trade in Vote Shop.
GMs are online most of time and mostly supervise players to follow rules of site, but they are also here to assist players if some help is needed via ticket system.
Developers are people on this server that are working on fixing bugs.
Spells and abilities, most of spells and abilities are working (over 90%).
Time running: this server has started in 2010 and is still running.
Location: current location is France but players from whole world are welcomed to play here. English is main language.
Server info: Server is based on Trinity Core, but custom fixes are applied to work better.
Population: population is changing during day with average of 500 active people per day.
Transfers: this server accept characters of players from other server under specific conditions.
Recruit a Friend: this system works and allow players bonus XP as it is on Blizzards server. It is also rewarding.

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 08 Nov 2014 00:13

This is all l could think of this server. l will attempt to short it for banners on vote sites.

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Nov 2014 00:51

About the design: explicit use of someone else's copyrighted intellectual property isn't cool. We had a "blizzlike" website once and it was covered of copyrighted images.

We need an "about us" page but I think none has worked on that so far, so this is mostly pending