[Rejected] Add New Command: .gy - Teleport to Spirit Healer when Dead Only

Fastor

[Rejected] Add New Command: .gy - Teleport to Spirit Healer when Dead Only

#1 » Post by Fastor » 14 Mar 2014 15:52

Function of it would be teleporting to nearest fraction related spirit healer in case when you are dead.

Location of using this should be available everywhere. Bg, raid, dungeon, open world.
- If in bg than spirit healer would be selected from within that bg.
- If in open world than spirit healer would be selected from near (see rest conditions).
- If in instance (raid and dungeons) than nearest open world spirit healer would be applied. Problem would be found for Stockade for horde and RFC for ally as their spirit healer are far, and they would need to run more.

Proper situation for using it would be:
- When player is dead and did release and is in ghost form. As ghost he can also move and use this command due to case of falling under texture or similar.
- When player is dead and did not released because sometimes release button is grey unclickable until /reload or similiar.
- Not able to use if user is alive.

Spirit healer chosing:
(a) First need to check on fraction:
- If player is ally than get ally spirit healer or neutral
- If player is horde than get horde spirit healer or neutral
(b) Second depend on distance:
- First closest available spirit healer is selected. Availability condition is explained above (a).

I am really sure this command would be most welcomed especially in current PvP when opposing fraction takes over graveyard and force you running to other gy or waiting for someone retake current gy.

I thought of this as replacement for removed .st command which did same but also moved corpse to spirit healer, this command wont do that.

perka

Re: Create and insert command .GY

#2 » Post by perka » 14 Mar 2014 16:58

Isn't /script RepopMe() doing that already for most of the cases (Proper situation paragraph is fully covered by it) ?

I do understand there are some issues with GY in BGs which need to be addressed. A fix seems doable, but it may require a lot of work unless our devs, or someone else, can figure easier way.

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 14 Mar 2014 18:03

Yes, but, in some cases it does not help as do anything or set to proper gy.

Also lot of people dont know for that "/script RepopMe()".

This way we would have both proper working command and short and wide known.

In worst case you can put .GY to do same as player would typed /script RepopMe().

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 18 Mar 2014 22:20

Ok back to this.

99% of time Repopme command not working in bg as l would like that .GY work. Also sometimes in open world also wont help until relog. So yes, +1 for .GY since Repopme cant handle all.

Iniyam

#5 » Post by Iniyam » 18 Mar 2014 22:35

Maybe it can be added to website's unstuck tool, to choose if you wish to unstuck to Starting Area or Graveyard, but its up to devs :)
I have a feeling that command for it can be abused :/
Cheating is bad. Using an item to cheat is bad. Regardless of how said item was obtained, use of said item is bad. Bad people will be banned.
Iniyam                                      Inimin

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Mar 2014 22:41

Iniyam wrote:Maybe it can be added to website's unstuck tool, to choose if you wish to unstuck to Starting Area or Graveyard, but its up to devs :)
I have a feeling that command for it can be abused :/
Emsy had suggested making the unstuck tool at website teleport to graveyard instead of home if I'm not mistaken but after some discussion it was shot down as it can be abused.

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 18 Mar 2014 22:49

Well, actually main point here is to be ingame. Even more, l wanted to be as assist for bg when other fraction take gy, like in AV and screw whole bunch of people to run.

As for abuses please name me them and l think something to avoid them. l really want this to work.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Mar 2014 22:57

Since there's nothing in-game that actually can be used to judge if someone is stuck or not it could be freely used by players to achieve objectives faster e.g unstuck with flag to base which would be rather funny and so on that's why the command would be a no go. Don't have time to remember our discussions about the website side of it I'll post later when I get home.

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 18 Mar 2014 23:17

lf you mean to use this command while he is alive, than you are wrong as l pointed not to be able to use it than. Ok talk later.

Arockalypse
Donor

#10 » Post by Arockalypse » 18 Mar 2014 23:20

We used to have .st command and it worked perfectly...
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Fastor

#11 » Post by Fastor » 18 Mar 2014 23:30

True but, due to lot of abuse of it, it has been shut down. Now lm trying to force out solution that is not abuse and works.

Heihachi
Developer

#12 » Post by Heihachi » 19 Mar 2014 12:37

I think creating a command that is only usable when dead/wisp form, teleports to nearest graveyard but doesn't rez. I think this would be close to how they made the tele to spirit healer.

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 19 Mar 2014 14:02

Heihachi wrote:I think creating a command that is only usable when dead/wisp form, teleports to nearest graveyard but doesn't rez. I think this would be close to how they made the tele to spirit healer.
That is something l ment when creating this topic.

Belthezar

#14 » Post by Belthezar » 19 Mar 2014 14:36

Yeah I can't see how using this command while dead could be abused...and I'd love to have it, there are alot of places when you die that have no spirit healer which are really irritating since you gotta either use unstuck (and find yourself eons away to starter area) or find another spirit healer by walking in spirit form.
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

Fastor

#15 » Post by Fastor » 19 Mar 2014 15:55

Adition to prevent "explore" abuse.

Location of spirit healer selected on location of corpse.