Swiftmend logic

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Bloodshade

Swiftmend logic

#1 » Post by Bloodshade » 23 Aug 2021 14:14

The Spell Swiftmend consumes the Effect of either Rejuvenation or Regrowth with the least duration remaining. If it consumes Rejuvenation however it heals about 20% more than Regrowth. The interesting thing comes when you have the Glyph of Swiftmend, which doesn't consume the effects, but it still uses the effect with the lower duration instead of the effect that would heal more.

I looked around but I can't really find any information about it, there is a single comment on wowhead from TBC (where the glyph did not exist) which confirms that it does consume the effect with least duration, but there is nothing for WoTLK and with the glyph. Considering there is nothing more mentioned we could maybe assume it's the same, but doesn't it feel kind of pointless that it would still prefer the effect with lower duration when it does not get consumed?

Any thoughts on this?
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

chickenbutt
Donor

Re: Swiftmend logic

#2 » Post by chickenbutt » 24 Aug 2021 04:52

Doesn't it consume the one that lasts the shortest amount of time? From my experience, it always chooses Rejuvenation regardless of whether Regrowth is on the target or not. Only if Rejuvenation is not on the target will it choose Regrowth
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Bloodshade

#3 » Post by Bloodshade » 24 Aug 2021 10:45

It chooses Regrowth if the duration remaining of Regrowth is lower and both are present, but the stupid thing is that it heals less from regrowth.
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Brennus

#4 » Post by Brennus » 25 Aug 2021 18:13

Bloodshade wrote:
23 Aug 2021 14:14
The Spell Swiftmend consumes the Effect of either Rejuvenation or Regrowth with the least duration remaining. If it consumes Rejuvenation however it heals about 20% more than Regrowth. The interesting thing comes when you have the Glyph of Swiftmend, which doesn't consume the effects, but it still uses the effect with the lower duration instead of the effect that would heal more.

I looked around but I can't really find any information about it, there is a single comment on wowhead from TBC (where the glyph did not exist) which confirms that it does consume the effect with least duration, but there is nothing for WoTLK and with the glyph. Considering there is nothing more mentioned we could maybe assume it's the same, but doesn't it feel kind of pointless that it would still prefer the effect with lower duration when it does not get consumed?

Any thoughts on this?
WoWWiki - Archived in July 2010
Looks like that's how it's supposed to be.
WoWWiki wrote:Glyph of Swiftmend does not change the proc off shortest HoT mechanic. So, if Rejuvenation does more healing in 12 sec then Regrowth does in 18 sec (as is typically the case), but Regrowth has less time remaining on the target, then Swiftmend will proc off the Regrowth and provide less healing.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •