Get out there on forums and tell people about TrueWow- People don't know about us!

The place for World of Warcraft discussions that don’t fit into any other forum.
Grimbor

Get out there on forums and tell people about TrueWow- People don't know about us!

#1 » Post by Grimbor » 11 Jun 2020 19:53

A perfect example is my post on Reddit's WoW servers sub-reddit page. I did a brief post about Truewow and got some responses and PMs stating they either never heard of us or they forgot all about us and did not realize the server was still up. Just from this one post, have several people saying they are starting up here.

If you look at my post on Reddit yesterday, one person had it right when he responded the low population is our own fault for not trying to advertise or inform people about this great server. The best way to do this without spamming Reddit subs with constant adverts is to simply make announcements on updates and upcoming events for Truewow on these various forums. This is a legit way to get more people here.

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Get out there on forums and tell people about TrueWow- People don't know about us!

#2 » Post by Axis » 11 Jun 2020 20:29

We make regular announcements for updates, changelogs and any relevant events in-game.
Our Facebook page is kept up to date with the latest news from the server.
All players have to do is stay tuned on our Discord and/or the forum.
Our Bugtracker is always abuzz with reports and discussions as well.
Simply paying attention to the in-game announcements helps too.
We also take the extra step of staying in touch with the current & active guilds on both realms on their guild Discord servers, regarding anything and everything related to the server.
We even gave players a peek into our development process here.

We generally don't like touching Reddit due to the sheer amount of toxicity that is prevalent there toward any server that has less than 1500 players on it.
In the eyes of that subreddit, any server with less than 1000-1500 players is considered "dead".
Our server was listed in the WotLK directory there for nearly a decade.
However, we were purged from that list simply because of our population.

The complete disregard for the blood and sweat of our developers, admins and GMs by that subreddit's team and most of its community is just appalling, to say the least.

The fact that nobody bothers to check out our main realm - TrueWoW (our pride and joy) and that everyone there judges us solely by PrimalWoW's rocky history doesn't help either (something that our new team has worked day and night to mend since October 2018).
We recently hit 128 people online on TW and nearly 100 on PW. Our team was quite thrilled to see this.
But when saw the level of skepticism that was directed toward our server (because 228 combined is still nothing in that subreddit's eyes), you can imagine our reaction.

Meanwhile, brand new servers with a population of just 50-100 are freely encouraged and discussed there while a server like ours is mostly shunned at the same time.
Suffice it to say, the double standards (which are used by that subreddit's community to judge servers) are quite evident.

While we are sincerely grateful for the effort you made here, I'm not certain that the folks on that subreddit will appreciate the subtleties, warmth and dedication of our community and our staff.
Based on my personal experience, most of the crowd there is only interested in seeing a 4 digit population and their flavor of the month class working as flawlessly as possible in either PvP or PvE.

Suffice it to say, our server has withstood the test of time.
Our main realm, TW, has been online for a decade. Our second realm, PW, has been online for half as long.
The fact that we're still around and have no intention of stopping anytime soon should mean something.
I just wish that more people understood that and saw things the way you do.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Grimbor

Re: Get out there on forums and tell people about TrueWow- People don't know about us!

#3 » Post by Grimbor » 11 Jun 2020 20:50

I agree about the staff at wow server sub and the MMO page is worse. However, I only care about the people who read the posts and find out about us and this is a process that will open the poster to abuse. I know I got some rage posting this on the MMO forum, however, I also got some positive and thank yous. Those are all that matter, the haters can all go to hell and ban me if they want.

Alone, I bet I can get 50 new people here. Imagine if most of our active players were doing the same on various forums. There is plenty of opportunity to mention Truewow without making a bunch of ad posts. Just a quick response to a post on recommendations can hit 100s of people.

Also, of note, my post on the wow server sub is at around 70% positive, so it is not so much the people on reddit that are toxic as much as some of the mods and a handful of vocal venom filled losers.

Elexias

#4 » Post by Elexias » 12 Jun 2020 08:09

We really to need to get more people for both realms, PW miss like 100 new players so dungeons, pvp queues gets reduced also AH is nearly dead on PW.
We only have few people voting so getting new players is zero from those sites as we're always on some 30+ number on Xtremetop100.
I'm pretty sure that we will get new players for PW onxe WoTLK is announced, but before that you could sponsor our server on instagram or facebook. I often get Ads on instagram or fb about some new servers and those servers often get a lot players on release (and yes those servers die fast), but still our realms are stable, so somehow we need to spread a word on higher instances.

Grimbor

#5 » Post by Grimbor » 12 Jun 2020 16:14

I do have one suggestion. Allow us to link any post on a forum regarding Truewow here, ours or someone elses, so we know it is out there. That way we can jump in and upvote and respond with our own feedback as well. Anyone that sees an active Truewow post, link it here and I will add positive support as well.

temper

#6 » Post by temper » 31 Jul 2020 16:04

This post made me realise I should vote more, so I just did it and will try to vote more!

Knewklear
Donor

#7 » Post by Knewklear » 31 Jul 2020 18:34

Give us the names of those forums and someone's bound to say something from here.

sakura2020

#8 » Post by sakura2020 » 13 Dec 2021 18:18

Hi guys,

Im a noobie at the game can you please give me a hand to understand how to start on the right foot?

Kniteknite

#9 » Post by Kniteknite » 16 Dec 2021 18:01

feel free, once You have started a character and levelled to 4 or 5 and joined world chat ( /join world ) to ask anything You want to help guide Your gameplay and help with different strategies concrning proffesions, levelling, zones, questing, gear, and any other questions more, or less specific, in game. This server community is great and helpful. See You there !
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Dewbacca

#10 » Post by Dewbacca » 07 Jan 2022 13:40

I name dropped us on a youtube video, remember the comment section can hyperlink to the truewow.org page.

Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

FrodoFragins

#11 » Post by FrodoFragins » 20 Oct 2022 06:31

Axis wrote:
11 Jun 2020 20:29
We make regular announcements for updates, changelogs and any relevant events in-game.
Our Facebook page is kept up to date with the latest news from the server.
All players have to do is stay tuned on our Discord and/or the forum.
Our Bugtracker is always abuzz with reports and discussions as well.
Simply paying attention to the in-game announcements helps too.
We also take the extra step of staying in touch with the current & active guilds on both realms on their guild Discord servers, regarding anything and everything related to the server.
We even gave players a peek into our development process here.

We generally don't like touching Reddit due to the sheer amount of toxicity that is prevalent there toward any server that has less than 1500 players on it.
In the eyes of that subreddit, any server with less than 1000-1500 players is considered "dead".
Our server was listed in the WotLK directory there for nearly a decade.
However, we were purged from that list simply because of our population.

The complete disregard for the blood and sweat of our developers, admins and GMs by that subreddit's team and most of its community is just appalling, to say the least.

The fact that nobody bothers to check out our main realm - TrueWoW (our pride and joy) and that everyone there judges us solely by PrimalWoW's rocky history doesn't help either (something that our new team has worked day and night to mend since October 2018).
We recently hit 128 people online on TW and nearly 100 on PW. Our team was quite thrilled to see this.
But when saw the level of skepticism that was directed toward our server (because 228 combined is still nothing in that subreddit's eyes), you can imagine our reaction.

Meanwhile, brand new servers with a population of just 50-100 are freely encouraged and discussed there while a server like ours is mostly shunned at the same time.
Suffice it to say, the double standards (which are used by that subreddit's community to judge servers) are quite evident.

While we are sincerely grateful for the effort you made here, I'm not certain that the folks on that subreddit will appreciate the subtleties, warmth and dedication of our community and our staff.
Based on my personal experience, most of the crowd there is only interested in seeing a 4 digit population and their flavor of the month class working as flawlessly as possible in either PvP or PvE.

Suffice it to say, our server has withstood the test of time.
Our main realm, TW, has been online for a decade. Our second realm, PW, has been online for half as long.
The fact that we're still around and have no intention of stopping anytime soon should mean something.
I just wish that more people understood that and saw things the way you do.
That subreddit is certainly toxic in many ways and downvotes most threads. But they do seem to embrace servers that bring something different to the table.

One is a vanilla server that offers new content and an optional hardcore mode, similar in some ways to your ironman. They managed to overcome serious skepticism towards who people think the owners are.

A second is a server that has an open source core and is progressing very slowly to wotlk. A third apparently uses a classless system to mix and match skills.

I think with classic now up to WOTLK, it's VERY hard to add players without offering something classic doesn't. Fresh servers can get a short term influx of players but it doesn't last if the server doesn't have a big enough pop.

The biggest strengths of this server, to me, are the nice community, the fact it's been around so long and the ironman mode. But the first two don't really attract people looking for an active endgame wrath experience. And I'm not sure what the demand of wrath ironman is, even though I enjoy it.

Personally, I haven't looked at a voting site to find a server in a VERY long time. I tend to check out dkpminus and look for PVE servers. I'm 99% sure I found this server from a post in reddit on the ironman mode though and after doing vanilla hardcore elsewhere i decided to return and try ironman here again.

guybrush
Developer

#12 » Post by guybrush » 24 Dec 2022 16:27

FrodoFragins wrote:
20 Oct 2022 06:31
Personally, I haven't looked at a voting site to find a server in a VERY long time. I tend to check out dkpminus and look for PVE servers. I'm 99% sure I found this server from a post in reddit on the ironman mode
Late to the conversation, but same. Not about to even attempt ironman though :lol: