Scripts to make SimCraft work for WotLK

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
mcheka

Scripts to make SimCraft work for WotLK

#1 » Post by mcheka » 24 Feb 2018 00:38

Min-maxing players may have noticed that using SimCraft on Rawr characters doesn't work correctly for WotLK. This is because SimCraft tries to retrieve WoWhead data, which has the post-stat squish version of items.

Several years ago, I wrote some Python scripts to glue together SimCraft and Rawr, allowing SimCraft to be used with the correct WotLK (pre-squish) item stats.

I've had several requests for these scripts, so I'm finally sharing them in case someone else finds them useful. They are poorly-written with lots of hardcoding, and not very friendly to use because I only ever intended to use them myself, so your mileage may vary. Item procs may be incomplete and there may be some bugs for the Naxx and Ulduar tiers, but it should be usable. For the ToC and ICC tiers, it should be quite complete and accurate.

I haven't touched these in years (except to use them to maximize my DPS, of course), and have no intention of maintaining or developing these further (but "never say never", right)? But, if anyone finds them useful, they are free to use these however they see fit (though, please do share any improvements with the community).

The scripts may be found at:

https://github.com/theo-angrathar/simc-rawr
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Relina

Re: Scripts to make SimCraft work for WotLK

#2 » Post by Relina » 24 Feb 2018 03:33

Nice of you to share, these will help anyone who is interested in using Simcraft in a WoTLK setting be it on TW or PW in the future :)
Someone get this man a :arrowd:
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.