Stay True

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Regent
Tester

Re: Stay True

#16 » Post by Regent » 07 Nov 2017 20:34

It was an honor playing alongside you and getting to briefly know you.
Please, do stay in touch. You were the last remaining beacon of hope that TW had.
Thank you for your service to this community.

Clear skies and calm seas, friend.
Best Regards.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

samoman21

#17 » Post by samoman21 » 07 Nov 2017 20:40

Truewow discord will never be the same without you. I will miss you bro :-( you were one of, if not my favorite GM and you and your memes will be missed. Thank you for everything you have done. Rest easy bro, for your watch has ended <3
Primalwow:
Nephthys
Camilla
Truewow:
None

m2oenergym2o

#18 » Post by m2oenergym2o » 07 Nov 2017 21:01

I didn't see that coming... anyways best of luck! Thanks for everything, mostly for the laugh we shared. Take care!!!

Mirramar
Donor

#19 » Post by Mirramar » 07 Nov 2017 21:24

Wish you all the best, take care!
TW
Mirramar Twinflower Freia Umami Mirramancer Mirrawr Mirr Marisha Mirrage Miika Idilia Josefin Melrose

PW
Curry

Kniteknite

#20 » Post by Kniteknite » 07 Nov 2017 23:10

Eronox, thanks for all Your work and play, You deserve the attention You have earned, the achievements legendary, Your considerations very much appreciated . I wish You the best of fortunes and with any luck fate will be kind to all of us, and We may see You again in the future, as Yours is a bright one. Keep on chugging, and stay true, You ! ~(Kk~ ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Floss

#21 » Post by Floss » 08 Nov 2017 06:58

Your energetic work pre and upon joining the staff team was phenomenal , i was positive that you didn't have a life.(/wink)

Thanks for doing all of that while maintaing a sense of humor.

Good luck.

kurthos

#22 » Post by kurthos » 08 Nov 2017 13:34

You have a certain social responsibility to this realm by taking up the mantle of a staff position. Each player who logs in daily depends on you to do good work.

You posted numbers of tickets, transfers, and bug fixes you've handled to show how much work you've done here. That work was commendable, but do you realize that you're burning down the house you just built by posting that in the same thread as your goodbye?

I understand that it might sound hypocritical coming from me as I've also quit, but I think you should consider the consequences of your actions when you do something like this if you choose to work on another realm in the future. You've salted the earth for those who would follow your footsteps into joining the staff team.

Overall, I want to thank you for your hardwork this year. I do really hoped you realize the consequences of announcing your retirement in this way and you do not take this message personally.

KohiiKaiju

#23 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 08 Nov 2017 15:00

kurthos wrote:
08 Nov 2017 13:34
You have a certain social responsibility to this realm by taking up the mantle of a staff position. Each player who logs in daily depends on you to do good work.

You posted numbers of tickets, transfers, and bug fixes you've handled to show how much work you've done here. That work was commendable, but do you realize that you're burning down the house you just built by posting that in the same thread as your goodbye?

I understand that it might sound hypocritical coming from me as I've also quit, but I think you should consider the consequences of your actions when you do something like this if you choose to work on another realm in the future. You've salted the earth for those who would follow your footsteps into joining the staff team.

Overall, I want to thank you for your hardwork this year. I do really hoped you realize the consequences of announcing your retirement in this way and you do not take this message personally.
I would be confident in saying that the staff does not share this sentiment. Staff is providing an often time-consuming, often thankless service simply for our love of the game, the server, and its community. We are not beholden to that job.

I find this sentiment reeks of juvenile entitlement, and frankly I would not have taken you for someone to take a low-class pot shot at someone on their way out. If you care to rephrase your comments, I will remove mine.

kurthos

#24 » Post by kurthos » 08 Nov 2017 22:25

My issue isn’t with him leaving, but how he chose to do it. I’m not going to change my opinion to appease anyone.

It isn’t his place to brag about how much he has done in the same place as the post where he hangs up his hat.

It will directly impact the confidence of the community by choosing to do it this way. I will never support a flashy exit like this.

ewriick

#25 » Post by ewriick » 08 Nov 2017 22:37

Heyyo kurthos. He isn't bragging, he is proud of the work he has done. There is absolutely nothing wrong in that. You are right in one way of him leaving TW but IRL is more important. Eronox has been crazy committed to this server, and instead of discouraging other actors they should be inspired instead. I am inspired but are not at all ready to do the work Ero has done. He really put his soul into this one.

flosr1
Donor

#26 » Post by flosr1 » 08 Nov 2017 23:41

i bet "Server Daddy K" was the one who said eronox is not trustworthy XD

I can see nothing bad in what Eronox wrote
Last edited by flosr1 on 08 Nov 2017 23:44, edited 2 times in total.

natnat123
Former Staff

#27 » Post by natnat123 » 08 Nov 2017 23:43

can we just delete these comments and be done with it? this is not the place to be arguing and eronox has done nothing wrong in the way he put this post up. this stuff is completetly uncalled for.

Nyeriah

#28 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Nov 2017 01:50

Kurthos was actually the first one to support me when I decided to invite Eronox to the staff if not the one who made me feel safe about doing so regardless of the disapproval of most staff members. I went out of my way and invited him regardless of what the others said and I am glad that he turned out to be one of our best staff members.

Kurthos has also been one of the ones who thought about the life of this project the most and contributed a lot to keep things on track and everything running, I respect his opinion and I think others should do the same.

With that being said... let's not argue here. We are all sad for Eronox leaving and we wish he'd change his mind and be with us. Even if wishing is all that there is for us to do... sorry I'm too emotional about this :(
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Longi

#29 » Post by Longi » 09 Nov 2017 03:33

Bye Eranox :)
... you were one of the staff member with the common sense ( rare :D )

Take care

Triblatri

#30 » Post by Triblatri » 15 Nov 2017 21:18

Even though I don't play anymore on Truewow (like i did before #nolifer) i do log time to time, and i log to see names, and everytime i see you online, i remember that TW is alive.You wrote "I know I've been a pain to some" NO this is not true, you are CORE OF TRUEWOW and only reason why Truewow is still playable.Man you are realy cool guy and im sooo happy i had chance to chat with you and make jokes with you :P.I wish all the best to our beloved HPala.And even if you already left i know for sure you will log Truewow forum page to check status and to check who is online. I LOVE YOU MAN DONT CHANGE AT ALL ,YOU PERFECT THE WAY YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!