(Primal) Black Morass

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Dreadnought101

(Primal) Black Morass

#1 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 20 Aug 2017 11:55

(Caverns of time) Black Morass is probably the thee most boring dungeon/heroic to run and something needs to change about it.

-Currently it seems portals are on a preset timer and the dungeon lasts 30-40 minutes no matter how quickly or slowly you clear the portals.
-Time Keeper dragons last infinitely, and can be spammed by going back to to the dealer to get more Time Keeper Tokens, leading players to imbalance the dungeon/heroic by placing 1-3 Time Keeper dragons in each portal location.

Suggested Changes

-Rename the dungeon to Mor Blackass
-Reduce the time Time Keepers are up to something like 2-5 minutes, and also possibly remove the ability to get more then 1 token from the dealer.
-Change portal spawn times from statics to scaling, the more quickly you clear portals, the faster new ones spawn faster if portals are spawned quickly, this way it will not punish slow groups for progressing slowly but reward faster groups with a better pace
-(for fun) also make portals spawn much more quickly on the last 2-3 portals of a 6 portal black, allowing the chance of multiple portals spawning in even faster groups, requiring fun, stressful decision making.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Owlcapwn

Re: (Primal) Black Morass

#2 » Post by Owlcapwn » 20 Aug 2017 14:32

From what I can see BM doesn't actually have any bug reports in the bugtracker, which we should make for atleast the time keeper uptime timers (if that's really a bug, I did not come across anything yet that said that timekeepers only exist for an x amount of time) and chrono beacons being unlimited. I'd guess that putting the time keepers on a limited timer would in turn also make it more annoying to keep getting new beacons, and if you combine that with faster portals it would make it impractical.

I think that making portal spawn times depend on a set amount of time after the previous one was killed could make the dungeon faster for fast groups, i.e. for the first 6 waves a 20 second timer, 6 after that a 15 second timer, and maybe for the last 6 independent of how the time when the previous one was killed and with preset timers so you can balance for overlap?

loveable

#3 » Post by loveable » 20 Aug 2017 14:40

baecons yes they should disapear after a time
but portals are fix and they r working as well , u fell it has long respawn time cuz u use baecons x3 4 or mroe on each portal and they kill mobs fast , other way , it will take enough time to kill mobs so after u r done with 1 porta, other one will come after few sec , but can tell u how timers are
first portal summon after 15 sec of start
timer between each portal is 90 sec until 13th one , 13 to 18 timer is 120 sec
when a portal is up next one will come out on timer , it doesnt matter u killed it or no , but at boss , timer will start after boss is dead
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Dreadnought101

#4 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 20 Aug 2017 23:10

Owlcapwn wrote:
20 Aug 2017 14:32
From what I can see BM doesn't actually have any bug reports in the bugtracker, which we should make for atleast the time keeper uptime timers (if that's really a bug, I did not come across anything yet that said that timekeepers only exist for an x amount of time) and chrono beacons being unlimited. I'd guess that putting the time keepers on a limited timer would in turn also make it more annoying to keep getting new beacons, and if you combine that with faster portals it would make it impractical.
I dont know how time keepers work in live, but having them up permanently seems weird, imbalances the map and refreshing chrono beacons IS annoying already as people tend to use 2-3 time keepers, and bosses instantly kill them so they need to be refreshed. I wouldnt like having unlimited beacons either, as it would make the situation worse, I would prefere each player having access to just 1 beacon over making time keepers a limited time as well.
loveable wrote:
20 Aug 2017 14:40
but portals are fix and they r working as well , u fell it has long respawn time cuz u use baecons x3 4 or mroe on each portal and they kill mobs fast
Which is why I dont like how time keepers currently work, they imbalance the map, they only do about 20% damage for fast groups but can be somewhere up to 50% damage for slower ones, and so if we suddenly remove them or limit them without any balance or failsafes for the map it can be a an even greater pug destroyer then shattered halls.
Owlcapwn wrote:
20 Aug 2017 14:32
I think that making portal spawn times depend on a set amount of time after the previous one was killed could make the dungeon faster for fast groups, i.e. for the first 6 waves a 20 second timer, 6 after that a 15 second timer, and maybe for the last 6 independent of how the time when the previous one was killed and with preset timers so you can balance for overlap?
That works well but dungeons need to punish extremely slow groups, and its fun to have get more then 1 portal up at a time.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 23 Aug 2017 22:10

Dreadnought101 wrote:
20 Aug 2017 23:10
I dont know how time keepers work in live
Next portal opens 10 sec after current closes, unless boss kill where l think its 120 sec. Will run BM tonight on retail.

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 23 Aug 2017 23:24

Just did BM HC run.
After you kill guardian of portal, second portal spawn instantly but not its guardian. Instead it takes 16 seconds for guardian to come out.
Mediv start talking = 1st portal open > 16 sec guardian come > guardian dies = portal closes = 2nd portal open > 2nd guardian comes .... and so on.
Bosses also comes out 16 sec after guardian dies but it takes 30 seconds for next portal to open and additional 16 seconds for guardian to spawn.

I did this on current retail 7.2.5 which means it might not be same as it was 2.4.2, this timer would probably be too hard for people on TW.