TrueWow - Questions about what it is

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Silvher

TrueWow - Questions about what it is

#1 » Post by Silvher » 17 Aug 2017 03:35

Hey everyone,

I've narrowed down which private server I want to be on to 3 choices: Of course you guys will have a biased opinion towards TrueWow, but in all my google searches everyone tends to favour other communities so I figured I'd post here.

I don't really want to have to download multiple private servers and test them all, so I'd really like to make the correct choice the first time.

What I'm looking for is:
- Population: a decent population that will allow me to queue for PvP and random dungeons easily, and that is friendly for the most part (apparently TrueWow, with its age, has issues maintaining a high enough population)
- Graphics: WoD level graphics (even though it's a WOTLK server, I heard that another server has WoD graphics)
- Scripting and Bugs: I understand any private server is going to have bugs, but I would like to choose one with the best scripting and least game breaking bugs (which I heard Dalaran was notorious for, but has apparently fixed for the most part).
- This isn't necessary but I would also like an economy that isn't completely abused (I'll take what I can get, I'm not too picky, just describing the ideal situation I'd like myself to be in)
In summary I want a game with a good population I can fit into, WoD graphics on a WotLK server, and minimal game breaking bugs and scripting.

Really hope you guys can help me out, thanks!

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: TrueWow vs Dalaran vs Warmane (IceCrown)

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 17 Aug 2017 13:06

All servers you mentioned only requires the base Wrath client so you shouldn't need to perform a separate download to test out each. Only create separate game accounts. If this helps at all, feel free to come by for a test run around here, or consider transferring a character to get started at a higher level! This does not affect the original character so it's really more of a copy or compensation for being a long time player of the game.

Population is a huge downside to our TrueWoW realm at this point. If that is of primary interest to you, I will not lie to bring you in: we are currently averaging 15-30 people online. If you would consider a slightly higher 250-300 population on a Wrath client, but playing TBC emulated content, our other realm PrimalWoW might be suitable.

As far as I know the WOD graphics are a patch that anyone using wrath client can download and use, regardless of server. I've seen people say they use it here with success.

The majority of the bugs we have come directly from the open source core itself but I have seen many people saying that we do have better fixes for bugs than other servers. I'm sure this is subjective. Many people did come here despite the low population due to our stable environment.

I'm not completely sure what you mean by abused economy but our TW realm does currently have quite a bit of inflation compared to Primal because of how long it's been up (7 years) and the low supply of people willing to auction items.

Honestly, it is my sincere hope that people would come here to play despite population struggles. I consider it like the stock market. We invest, hoping the market will go up. But when people sell (leave) and everyone freaks out and does the same, it only forces the market to crash. Population getting low should be a time to buy and invest, because every person who is regular adds one more to the total, encouraging new folks to invest until population is large and stable again.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Xenitron

#3 » Post by Xenitron » 17 Aug 2017 15:27

-Changing server is not done by downloading another game, it is done just by changing few words in notepad its sounds crazy but it is really that easy, and ofc you need to register on every servers forum.Folders of game are unchanged,untouched,untampered since last blizzard patch for Wrath of Lich King(meaning 3.3.5 patch) so its same official game that blizzard used back in days.

-Models can be changed by simply copy and pasting additional folder inside of your Data wow folder,theoretically if you have official version of game you can paste some of folders to your 3.3.5 version folder.I highly encourage you not to download models from Warmane because they simply copied folder from official version of game and that causes crashes,some models dont have hair,dungeons are lottery will you be able to finish it till the end without crash.

http://www.modcraft.io/index.php?topic=10800 from this site you can download models for character.I can almost guarantee it will not cause crashes(i have never had one) however for NPCs models there are still some issues but person who is working on it posts updates every few months.

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Aug 2017 16:43

Discussing other servers is not acceptable in the forums

Ancestor

#5 » Post by Ancestor » 17 Aug 2017 17:27

from my own exp, tw is way better scripted that those others, only problem is pop

Eronox
MVP

Re: TrueWow

#6 » Post by Eronox » 17 Aug 2017 17:34

Edited title & main post as it involved to strike a policy of ours, see Nyeriah's post for understanding.
Now, TrueWoW is indeed unique in the amount and type of scripts but the main issue from my perspective would be that the content is not all too sought for as it used to be, which is likely to be the biggest factor to todays population.

Also a factor we cannot rubb away, since we tend to keep the realm blizzlike.
Despite the situation, the realm still is alive and raids do still occur. Realm is indeed not neglected either, staff side that is

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Kniteknite

Re: TrueWow - Questions about what it is

#7 » Post by Kniteknite » 18 Aug 2017 12:30

Position disclosure: long TW ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "