Transfer or start fresh?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Futuo

Transfer or start fresh?

#1 » Post by Futuo » 12 May 2017 16:59

I'm at work still but I have the client downloaded, addons installed and I've decided on Affliction Warlock so the only question I have is should I start fresh or transfer a retail character.

I like the idea of easing into the game however I'm afraid I'm going to miss the Vanilla fun. So if you are in my position what would you do and why?

Joh0239

Re: Transfer or start fresh?

#2 » Post by Joh0239 » 12 May 2017 17:50

well really depends, I would choose transfer in a heartbeat since leveling is a real drag, but if you don't mind it or may even liked it then start fresh. In my opinion it is about how you look at leveling, if you enjoy it or not.

I hope you enjoy the server!
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 12 May 2017 18:01

If you're concerned about missing vanilla, you should transfer as soon as you can. If you decide after trying your fresh 60 that you're jumping in too fast, you can always make a new character and work your way up. Once you have a transfer toon available, there's nothing stopping you from trying either approach. Though if you may make alts of different classes in the future, keep in mind only a single retail transfer is permitted per person.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Futuo

#4 » Post by Futuo » 12 May 2017 18:22

IronSharona wrote:
12 May 2017 18:01
If you're concerned about missing vanilla, you should transfer as soon as you can. If you decide after trying your fresh 60 that you're jumping in too fast, you can always make a new character and work your way up. Once you have a transfer toon available, there's nothing stopping you from trying either approach. Though if you may make alts of different classes in the future, keep in mind only a single retail transfer is permitted per person.
TBH that is exactly what I'm doing. I'm transfering my Affliction Lock and I'm going to level a Hunter (I was going to make a Druid but I want something easy to level), I should have thought of that before I made this thread

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 12 May 2017 18:55

No worries! It's still good to see some perspectives on how people are enjoying the raiding/leveling experience right now. :) Hope the transition here goes well for you!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)