Stormhold

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
ItchyVortex

Stormhold

#1 » Post by ItchyVortex » 07 Feb 2017 16:06

I can't find a lot of information and I understand that not much has been disclosed but can we have an idea on what is it gonna be about? Should I be hyped?
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Gnurg

Re: Stormhold

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Feb 2017 16:13

From what I know it's a normal WotLK progressive server.

If you want to level to 80 once more to raid through WotLK from the start (Naxxramas, Season 5) and it actually gets a decent population, then you should be hyped.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Longi

#3 » Post by Longi » 07 Feb 2017 17:43

and you will search it under different name ;-) ( Is it true or nop :P :D )

Jiranthos
Admin

#4 » Post by Jiranthos » 07 Feb 2017 18:21

Flooded wrote: Our focus after PrimalWoW's TBC release will be a new 3.3.5 WotLK project, Stormhold. Here are some details I can share with you now:

Progressive Content release with a realistic schedule - You can expect more information about our release schedule very soon.
Blizzlike x1 Rates
No Cash Shop for items that would affect game play.
PvP Realm
Rescripted raids, questing, and leveling zones. - We aren't just stock TrinityCore like some of the other WotLK servers around.
TrueWoW and PrimalWoW will remain open - this is a completely new realm.

Here are some of the issues we are working on currently for the Stormhold Project:

Due to several changes coming from TrinityCore, we'll have to go through another core and database restart similar to the one we went through back in 2014. These changes will go live on both current realms: TrueWoW and PrimalWoW as well as Stormhold.
We are routing through all the WotLK zones/instances for potential exploits, bugs, and other issues that might impact the Blizzlike experience we attempt to uphold on TrueWoW.
We need your help to spread the word about our new realm! We have put hundreds of hours into developing TrueWoW/PrimalWoW's scripts into something to be proud of, lets show the private server community just what we've done!
That is all the information we are releasing so far.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gadoschi
Donor

#5 » Post by Gadoschi » 24 Feb 2017 11:31

Will there be options for TrueWoW realm player to eventually migrate to Stormhold if it has a decent population, and TW's population continues to decline to the point of no return?

Because if not, I may as well stop any activity right now and just start out fresh somewhere else. Doing anything would prove to be completely pointless.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Jiranthos
Admin

#6 » Post by Jiranthos » 24 Feb 2017 12:44

We're discussing such possibilities internally.
What the community could do to hasten a decision is discuss options on how to implement fair TW->PW or TW->SH transfers, such that the TW players don't get a massive unfair advantage over the original players of SH and PW. Suggest a fair rule system, if you will.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gnurg

#7 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Feb 2017 12:56

Jiranthos wrote:We're discussing such possibilities internally.
What the community could do to hasten a decision is discuss options on how to implement fair TW->PW or TW->SH transfers, such that the TW players don't get a massive unfair advantage over the original players of SH and PW. Suggest a fair rule system, if you will.
Give them a maximum level character 1 month after release. Give them sufficient items to start doing dungeons, i.e. some green set.

If you transfer their achievements, honourable kills, gear or gold people on PrrimalWoW and Stormhold won't be very happy. They'll merge with TrueWoW at a later point anyways, so I wouldn't call it a transfer, but rather a level boost (class of choice).
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE