Bots?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
benzviliran

Re: Bots?

#16 » Post by benzviliran » 19 Jan 2017 17:41

being banable in pvp should pretty much make it banable in pve specially in a world pve outside dungeons and raids.

+the amount should be limited, you cant tell someone its allowed in pve and expect some lvl 80 horde in icc to attack a dual boxer with more than 5 80 at the same time and that dual boxer will just use one of them, it wont happend.

it will automaticly be an abuse and even if the other 80 chooses not to attack cause he sees an army of 80s and be afraid to attack them because of that makes it an abuse.

its like seeing a woman unconcious and not breathing and not give her CPR cause rules touching her chest is sexual assault.

in other words ignoring details and the facts.

ill ask you another question:

do you prefer quantity over quality? or quality over quantity?
I am the swarm

Nyeriah

#17 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Jan 2017 17:48

Doesn't matter, doesn't matter. People talking about things they don't know about. Primal is PvE so people can't attack him/he can't attack others unless they are flagged.

We don't allow key cloning in PvP because it gets quite cheesy to go around one shooting people whereas on retail you have the limitation that you must pay for your accounts.

Furthermore, in a limited player environment queueing with multibox takes battleground slots from actual players and can prove to be a disadvantage to teams if you allow about anybody to do it. So we don't allow multiboxing battlegrounds.

Otherwise, he's not harming anybody nor breaking any rules. I don't see the point of this discussion, or any of the various discussions arising from this in particular.

Fastor

#18 » Post by Fastor » 19 Jan 2017 21:33

l only see one problem here, what would he do with 40 characters on 40 accounts, especially this year when realm would go TBC with up to 25man raids? Would he do something which is against rules?

Jiranthos
Admin

#19 » Post by Jiranthos » 19 Jan 2017 21:37

Fastor wrote:l only see one problem here, what would he do with 40 characters on 40 accounts, especially this year when realm would go TBC with up to 25man raids? Would he do something which is against rules?
He just owns 40 characters on 40 accounts here, I don't see a violation in that. I spoke to the player and it has taken them a very long time just to get them to level 7. I asked if he would raid with them and he said he would barely be able to clear trash, so I think the fun is in the experience/questing/levelling, so there would be no raiding done anyway, I don't see why we need to bother with it at all. I also don't see the reason in the comparison with TBC, for that matter.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nyeriah

#20 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Jan 2017 21:39

Why does it matter whether he has 25 or 40 accounts? Primal won't be TBC until 5 months from now. Also, so what if he wants to box 40 characters, why does it matter what will he do with them? So long he's not breaking any rules, we don't have any reason to be concerned. Why assume he'd abuse anyway? He has as much potential to do anything against the rules as about anyone else.

Eronox
MVP

#21 » Post by Eronox » 19 Jan 2017 22:03

I suppose it's just odd to see. And as the humans we are, we trigger by unusual events!
To you, my kind sir, I still apologize if I drawn out to be looking aggresive in a insulting way. Believe my honesty when I say that it was not even thought of :)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

ChosenValor

#22 » Post by ChosenValor » 20 Jan 2017 08:53

To me I have a issue with it. It manipulates the actual number of the population online where it says xx number when it''s really only xx number. People can falsely accuse True-WoW of faking population numbers.

Eronox
MVP

#23 » Post by Eronox » 20 Jan 2017 09:26

ChosenValor wrote:To me I have a issue with it. It manipulates the actual number of the population online where it says xx number when it''s really only xx number. People can falsely accuse True-WoW of faking population numbers.
This reminds me of a long post I made here :roll:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Kniteknite

#24 » Post by Kniteknite » 20 Jan 2017 09:47

"It's not like I'm multiboxing 1,000 or even 100. Just 40." ^_^
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Eronox
MVP

#25 » Post by Eronox » 20 Jan 2017 09:54

Kniteknite wrote:"It's not like I'm multiboxing 1,000 or even 100. Just 40." ^_^
Doesn't matter, still. Nyeriah is all correct in the meanings of not being harmful to anything or anyone. It's our minds who twitches, and dissapointment for new players as aforementioned.

I still stand by my point of disliking it all, but you know.. Can't always be pleased :D :tick:

- J.R Cash

ChosenValor

#26 » Post by ChosenValor » 20 Jan 2017 09:54

Kniteknite wrote:"It's not like I'm multiboxing 1,000 or even 100. Just 40." ^_^
Oh you ^_^

Glader

#27 » Post by Glader » 20 Jan 2017 10:20

ChosenValor wrote:To me I have a issue with it. It manipulates the actual number of the population online where it says xx number when it''s really only xx number. People can falsely accuse True-WoW of faking population numbers.
It doesn't manipulate it. It accurately reports the amount of connections. Nobody has accused True-WoW or Primal-WoW of false population numbers. The number isn't like Warmane's fake 12,000 or something.

Why don't you tell everyone to log off their alts and while they're afk in cities while you're at it. Seems counter productive for the server and nobody is claiming it. Just another hypothetical that will likely never come true.

The only thing I've seen people on the wowservers subreddit accusing True-WoW or Primal-WoW of is being low population. I don't think you have to worry about people thinking the numbers are fake when they merely shift 30 or so every once in awhile when I log in.

edit: Btw if you want to see true number manipulation I bet, with a bit of tinkering and effort, I could probably bump Primal-WoW up to 1,000 population depending on how they measure population. I don't really get this whole fake or manipulated population argument. 40 ingame characters is nothing compared to what could be accomplished intentions to actually manipulate the population counter.
40box Multiboxing Stream - https://www.twitch.tv/poe_hellokitty

Kniteknite

#28 » Post by Kniteknite » 20 Jan 2017 21:46

Eronox wrote:
Doesn't matter, still. Nyeriah is all correct in the meanings of not being harmful to anything or anyone. It's our minds who twitches, and dissapointment for new players as aforementioned.

I still stand by my point of disliking it all, but you know.. Can't always be pleased :D :tick:
I just think that hey, if it's legit , why quit ?
Image ^_^ :tick:
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

texasbubba1

#29 » Post by texasbubba1 » 21 Jan 2017 02:45

Glader wrote:
Eronox wrote:What a delusived world..
You've provided zero evidence that what I'm doing has effected anyone yet you call me deluded? Additionally I'm a player and can move between any server that suits me. I've been multiboxing since 2010 on retail and have always favored private servers that allow it. The only reason I didn't continue boxing on retail was Blizzard treated me poorly as a customer with the release of Scroll of Resurrection.

So instead of slinging insults why don't you bring something to the discussion instead? I don't really see how there could be too much discussion since I've not only encountered essentially nobody ingame but also, as a result, haven't effected anyone negatively.

So in what way should I consider the entertainment of other players? In what way have I not been considering that? You throw insults and half-baked vague suggestions but nothing tangible or useful. Very insulting.
I think some of us experienced multiboxers as I experienced that it is an unfair advantage to the multiboxer that can one shot every one during pvp and some that camped NPC's on purpose, not allowing people to turn in their quest. Allot of multiboxers in my experience were this way. I have however ran into one multiboxer that was always willing to help and not grief the community.

Eronox
MVP

#30 » Post by Eronox » 21 Jan 2017 12:13

texasbubba1 wrote:
I think some of us experienced multiboxers as I experienced that it is an unfair advantage to the multiboxer that can one shot every one during pvp and some that camped NPC's on purpose, not allowing people to turn in their quest. Allot of multiboxers in my experience were this way. I have however ran into one multiboxer that was always willing to help and not grief the community.

It's absolutely not allowed to MB in PvP scenarios.

- J.R Cash