which role is needed as of now?

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Diloss

which role is needed as of now?

#1 » Post by Diloss » 10 Dec 2016 17:24

so, i am a new player that would like to make primalwow my new server and looking to make myself useful. i can play all the roles, dps, healer or tank but i have not tried to heal or tank in this server yet. but i want to know which one people want to most so that i lvl like a priest to 60 and then nobody wants me in a grupp because there is a overflow of healers as of now

then if healer is in demand, what healer is not best but funish, shaman, druid or priest. if Tank is in demand, which tank is more fun, warrior or druid?

going to play mosly on the horde side

Sorry for bad english
Last edited by Diloss on 10 Dec 2016 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

Remix
Donor

Re: which role is needed as of now?

#2 » Post by Remix » 10 Dec 2016 17:41

Play whatever you think you'll have more fun with, but for tanks its Warrior. Druids are also viable but harder to gear. For healers Shaman, Druid or Priest are all good and wanted.

benzviliran

#3 » Post by benzviliran » 10 Dec 2016 18:23

Remix wrote:Play whatever you think you'll have more fun with, but for tanks its Warrior. Druids are also viable but harder to gear. For healers Shaman, Druid or Priest are all good and wanted.
i think for tanks its kinda almost always prot palas are mostly needed for a very simple reason: they are better tanks and give more usefull buffs to raid.
I am the swarm

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 10 Dec 2016 18:35

benzviliran wrote:
Remix wrote:Play whatever you think you'll have more fun with, but for tanks its Warrior. Druids are also viable but harder to gear. For healers Shaman, Druid or Priest are all good and wanted.
i think for tanks its kinda almost always prot palas are mostly needed for a very simple reason: they are better tanks and give more usefull buffs to raid.
He's talking about PW not TW, so definitely not.

Regarding tanks - its really nice as a tank to level in RDF and such, but if you're interested in raiding be aware that most of the tanks have regular, geared as hell tanks at this point. If you play a tank, you also need a off-spec for dps or heals because you will likely have to gear up quite a bit before you can really assist your guild in a tank role in raids.

You could argue DPS classes have this exactly reversed. Its a pain to get RDF groups at times leveling, but its much easier to break into raiding as a DPS class. There are more spots and the gear requirements are much lower.

In short: the "play what you want" advice is not just some warm-hearted ideal. There are spots available in raids on PW for any role, so play something you enjoy because otherwise it will just seem like work in raiding. If you want to play an in-demand class, let me plug my videos on class rankings:

[youtube]tAaePEtAdkU[/youtube]
[youtube]P-MxfPy89Tg[/youtube]
[youtube]2s2Zpv_Orng[/youtube]
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick