Work in progress, not complete yet!
Glyphs; Judgement(%100), Seal of Righteousness(%100). You can choose between Salvation and Turn Evil afterwards. Salvation is just an extra def cooldown which comes in handy for duels and battlegrounds, on the other hand Turn Evil is more of an arena-oriented glyph, in my opinion. Both are useful.
minor glyphs are for fags
Just a couple of things that are useful to watch for during duels;
- Keep sacred shield up. It's what makes retribution paladins so durable.
- Make good use of your Art of War talent. Don't waste mana, but don't waste procs either.
- Try to land your heals on the proc of your sacred shield (the one that increases flash of light crit chance by %50). This will significiantly increase your effectiveness in 1 on 1 fights.
- If you're expecting a stealth attack(feral druid, rogue etc about to attack you), put on sacred shield & wait with a 1hander + shield.
- If you're fighting a class that can dispel, make sure to keep your Righteous Fury up at all times. You can spam this ability endlessly, it has no mana cost & it's an instant cast. It makes the removal of your buffs much harder- impossible even, at times. Some people will just give up and hit your face.
- Stunning at the start of a duel is not a bad idea, if you have at least 1 point in the Improved Hammer of Justice. It may trick your opponent into using their trinket, allowing you to do whatever you want in the next stun. They won't be able to trinket that one.
- Dispel, dumb fuck, cleanse is like fucking amazing. Use it whenever necessary to avoid taking further negative effects.
- If things go real bad, you can always switch to a 1h+shield with spellpower and heal yourself up way faster.
- Enemy pets have no resilience. Think of ghouls, gargoyles, hunter pets, shaman puppies etc. This means you have at least %10-15 higher crit chance when attacking pets, and therefore means that your chances of getting Art of War are much more likely. Whenever you can't hit something else, at least melee a pet. It's a good habit.
- Keep in mind that you move %15 faster due to Pursuit of Justice talent.
- Keep Hand of Reckoning(yes, the taunt) among the pvp abilities you use. It's handy for keeping rogues / druids in combat so they can't stealth away so easily.
Let's go slowly with classes.
Fighting arms warriors; warriors are the next meaning of cancer on TrueWoW. When I compare their damage to what I've seen in many other servers, they seem to hit much harder here. I think the win conditions here are;
a) utilizing your defensives well during their attacks
b) burst-healing yourself when mortal strike is off you
c) denying them a charge by not getting too close and not getting too far
d) bursting them in a long stun that they cannot trinket out of
e) simply outlasting them by being a faggot, using a 1h+shield for the entire duel AKA going full Justicelight mode (this is what I always do! c: )
Three important notes.
1) Hide your Hand of Freedom for two things. Either to avoid a slow to prevent a charge/intercept, or to get out of intercept.
2) Defensives during bladestorm.
3) Repentance during Enraged Regeneration. This will make them unable to use Berserker's Rage, and therefore prevent them from deleting your incapacitation.
Protection, on the other hand, well. Pretty easy fight. JoL once again, use HoF to get out of one of those long stuns (shockwave or cranium bash) and simply hit them until they die.
Retribution paladins; In close gear, the one that gets more Art of War procs will always win. Not really a skill matchup if you ask me. Both of them will keep doing the same, hit him and heal yourself. Just a couple of things to watch out,
1) Don't use your stun foolishly. It is ALWAYS avoidable by Hand of Freedom. HoF cd is shorter than HoJ cd. Hide your trinket for their repentance instead.
2) When they use wings, use JoJ on them & start running away to waste their burst. Feel free to stall them further with stun and repentance. This may seem like a cowardly way of fighting, but what matters is the winner, right?
3) Pay extra attention to your sacred shield procs, you are much more likely to catch them during these fights due to lack of consistent damage from paladins.
4) Pay attention to THEIR sacred shield. People tend to forget what status their sacred shields are in, and if you catch them without a shield, well.. Abuse them like you were born to do it.
Blood death knight; If you have like 40 minutes, fight him. Cleanse Mark of Blood. If you don't have time, either don't fight, or forfeit. It's better to preserve your sanity. Neither of you will die for a loooooooooong ass time.
Frost; just hit his face. They suck ass. You can trinket Piercing Cold (their AoE freeze) if you wish, you don't really need to use your trinket for anything else. If they use Lichborne, you can even cast Turn Evil, Holy Wrath; and gain extra %1 damage from Sense Undead if you have the glyph for it.
Unholy; these duels are harder compared to other specs, however still in your favor. First thing they ALWAYS do is, they wanna chain you as soon as the duel starts. As a smart man, you want to be running away for a few seconds while bashing your cleanse button to waste their frost runes. After dispelling two chains, turn back and fight him. The trick to beating unholy death knights (in my opinion) is slaying their pet before they burst you down. So, fight leads on, they will do the following:
As soon as you hear the gargoyle screech, use your -%50 defensive cooldown and start hitting his gargoyle. You can use Holy Wrath to stun the gargoyle and deny two attacks for him. Once the gargoyle is down, make sure that your health is in a safe state. After that, just bash the DK's face down. Pretty easy fight from there. Remember that pets have no resilience!
Rogues; I think we are some sort of ultimate counter to rogues. When the duel is beginning, equip 1h/shield and wait for them to attack you. Make sure to refresh your sacred shield if it's at like 20 seconds remaining. The trick here is, DO NOT use HoF for cheap shot. Hide it for kidney shot. And use it after you make sure that kidney shot was used. Some rogues like to test your defenses by using cheap shot and then stealthing again. Don't fall for this. To ensure a win, you may even fight this entire duel with 1h/shield. The rogues will just freak out at the sight of a shield. Use JoJ constantly so that they may not sprint away. If they cloak / vanish, you may still unstealth them with divine storm. Rogues can NOT heal in any way, so use this to your advantage & outlast them.
Balance druids; Run up to those fat motherfuckers and smack their shits down. Use HoF on Nature's Grasp. Stun them during starfall to minimize their damage. Pretty easy fight.
Ferals; these duels tend to last long. Like the rogues, wait for the duel to begin with 1h/shield. Use JoJ on them as they passively move %30 faster from talents. Use HoF on Maim, the 5 sec stun. Keep hitting them until they decide to get out of cat form. Note that you can't use repentance while they are in cat form, but when they get out of it to heal themselves, you can do this because they are considered humanoids by that time. When you repent them, heal yourself up and go full retard on them. Duel ends, after that.
Hunters; another form of extreme cancer that dwells TrueWoW. But they are actually pretty easy to beat. There are 3 key points to beating a hunter;
1) Kill his pet.
2) Hit his pet until you reach him so you can still proc Art of War and not die in 5 seconds.
3) Don't run in a straight line when you get close. Strafe sideways instead. They will put down all their traps. You HAVE TO avoid those traps if you want to win the duel. Get trapped and you're as good as a dead man.
Enhancement shamans; they are pretty weak against you, but they can spam purge on you. In return, you can spam Righteous Fury whenever you got nothing else to do. They will burst you down with puppies. It's like a 40 second term cancer that you have to endure. Switch to 1h/shield and heal yourself like crazy. Remember that each second they use purge on you, is a second that they cannot deal damage to you. After the dogs are gone, hit his fucking face and kill him.
Extremely important, watch out for GROUNDING and EARTHBIND totems. Melee those down if you have to, don't let your stun/repentance get absorbed by grounding totem and don't get slowed the shit out of your brains by earthbind totem.
Elemental; it's pretty much chase me-hit me sort of fight. Watch out for totems like above, use cleanse whenever necessary, righteous fury etc. When their thunderstorm is on cooldown, catch up to them & stun them and burst them down. They are pretty vulnerable to that. Shamans are fragile, imo. Otherwise, heal yourself.You should be able to defeat elementals.
to be continued!